Discraft Nuke

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby dgdave » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Great. Something else for me to try out :?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby JHern » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Chuck Kennedy wrote:No one knows exactly how sharp is too sharp. It's not like it was measured in some sort of safety test whatever that would be. I believe the Eclipse approved in 1989 may have been the benchmark for setting the minimum because its value is 26 which is still the allowable minimum.


I figured the safety-ness according to edge sharpness was kinda like that. But still, if the disc begins to actually look dangerous to the casual observer, then it could be a problem (imagine trying to get your discs through airline security if they were really sharp), and so its good to have some sort of standard in place, if only just to say that there are standards.

Of course, the sharper the edge, the harder the plastic needs to be in order to not get overly deformed at the edges.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby Timko » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:48 pm

JimW wrote:
Code: Select all
Maker           Mx wt  Diam   ht   rim    rim    rim   rm dpth     rm config    flexibility
Discraft Nuke   176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          28.25        9.87
Innova Boss     176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          26.00        7.60
Innova Katana   176.0   21.2   1.8  1.2   16.3   2.5   5.7          26.25        10.32



Could the height of the disc be due to what Zam mentioned in the original Nuke thread (that it's got a overmolded top)? I was looking though the list of approved discs, and there hasn't been a lot of 1.8 cm height drivers since the XS days.

Image
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby discspeed » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:06 pm

Furthur wrote:
JimW wrote:
Code: Select all
Maker           Mx wt  Diam   ht   rim    rim    rim   rm dpth     rm config    flexibility
Discraft Nuke   176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          28.25        9.87
Innova Boss     176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          26.00        7.60
Innova Katana   176.0   21.2   1.8  1.2   16.3   2.5   5.7          26.25        10.32



Could the height of the disc be due to what Zam mentioned in the original Nuke thread (that it's got a overmolded top)? I was looking though the list of approved discs, and there hasn't been a lot of 1.8 cm height drivers since the XS days.


Are you referring to the Nuke or the Katana?
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby curt » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:48 pm

Nuke
curt
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: In a cave
Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby Timko » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 pm

discspeed wrote:
Furthur wrote:
JimW wrote:
Code: Select all
Maker           Mx wt  Diam   ht   rim    rim    rim   rm dpth     rm config    flexibility
Discraft Nuke   176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          28.25        9.87
Innova Boss     176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          26.00        7.60
Innova Katana   176.0   21.2   1.8  1.2   16.3   2.5   5.7          26.25        10.32



Could the height of the disc be due to what Zam mentioned in the original Nuke thread (that it's got a overmolded top)? I was looking though the list of approved discs, and there hasn't been a lot of 1.8 cm height drivers since the XS days.


Are you referring to the Nuke or the Katana?


wow, I meant the Katana. I failed at reading the table.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby Leopard » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:37 pm

So anyway, this looks like a single material. Ya?
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer
User avatar
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: 30 miles x 100 miles x stinking island
Favorite Disc: Leo

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby dgdave » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Yeah
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby groovytnarg » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 pm

a few months back, i threw a stack of proto "nukes" with jim kenner and kevin tomasitis for a few hours in a field. they were like a super far flash. sweet sparkle z plastic. i normally throw 450-520. they were going 480 - 490 easily.
groovytnarg
Noob
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 pm
Favorite Disc: Surge

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:18 am

JimW wrote:I will be highly disappointed if we don't see pictures of a Duke Nukem dye in the Disc Artwork forum within 4 months of its release.


Fallout dyes too.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Winchester, VA
Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby discspeed » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:34 pm

NoLifeLeft wrote:
JimW wrote:I will be highly disappointed if we don't see pictures of a Duke Nukem dye in the Disc Artwork forum within 4 months of its release.


Fallout dyes too.


And the 3 eyed fish from the Simpsons...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby SkaBob » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:51 am

Someone will promise to do a Duke Nukem dye on one of these, but it will be delayed years upon years.

Eventually, when our grandkids are playing the newly released Duke Nukem Forever, one of us will remember and dig up an old one of these and do the dye.

groovytnarg,

How flippy were they, exactly? The last time I was throwing flashes regularly, I could get a new one on a turnover that would hold all the way to the ground. Would you say you could do that with those proto-nukes? Or rather, would you say someone with a mere mortal's arm could?
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:51 am
Location: Detroit
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby discspeed » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:03 pm

groovytnarg wrote:a few months back, i threw a stack of proto "nukes" with jim kenner and kevin tomasitis for a few hours in a field. they were like a super far flash. sweet sparkle z plastic. i normally throw 450-520. they were going 480 - 490 easily.


I'd like to hear some more info from this guy. Did they say Nuke SS? Were they flying straight or on S flights? Were you throwing with hyzer, flat, or turned? Did you really register just to make this one comment? To tease the rest of us? Is this purely a marketing ploy? :lol:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby BLURR » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 pm

A direct quote from Adam Olsen...Discraft sponsored player...about the upcoming Discraft Nuke.

"What I thought of the Nuke...
Of course wide rimmed disc. The flight reminds me of a ESP Flash and a seasoned Force. When thrown rhbh the Nuke flips up, goes relatively straight with a little turn to the right. What I liked was when it slowed down it didn't dump out and hyzer hard. The disc penatrated forward and landed flat. I did throw into a slight head wind and the disc immediately turned over."

Sounds promising.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby discspeed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:36 pm

BLURR wrote:A direct quote from Adam Olsen...Discraft sponsored player...about the upcoming Discraft Nuke.

"What I thought of the Nuke...
Of course wide rimmed disc. The flight reminds me of a ESP Flash and a seasoned Force. When thrown rhbh the Nuke flips up, goes relatively straight with a little turn to the right. What I liked was when it slowed down it didn't dump out and hyzer hard. The disc penatrated forward and landed flat. I did throw into a slight head wind and the disc immediately turned over."

Sounds promising.


This sounds an awful lot like my Katanas...Sounds sweet!
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest