Video game season...recommendations?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video game season...recommendations?

Postby jnecessary » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm

some call me...tim? wrote:Dragon Age seems to have passed the Yahtzee test, so it's GOTTA be a good game.

can't watch that video at work...but i'm trying to decide between Dragon Age and Borderlands...
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Coming from somebody who hasn't played either, I think Dragon Age would be more rewarding if you plan on doing only single player stuff, and Borderlands would be the choice if you plan on multiplayer. I'll probably get both of them eventually, but I have other games I need to finish first. I'll just wait a while for these to come down in price.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

some call me...tim? wrote:Dragon Age seems to have passed the Yahtzee test, so it's GOTTA be a good game.

Love yahtzee...
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:11 pm

jnecessary wrote:

can't watch that video at work...but i'm trying to decide between Dragon Age and Borderlands...

Dragon Age>
the co op in borderlands is fun but its not half as engaging as dragon age (for me at least)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby LumberJack » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Nothing looks all that great atm. Waiting on Starcraft2, Diablo3, FF13, Gran Turismo and I'll probably buy a wii just to play PDGA disc golf... lol.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Postby JimW » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:52 am

I am currently "acquiring" Dragon Age. I don't know if it will even run worth a damn on my computer though. If not my laptop may be able to handle it though I'd much rather be able to play it on my desktop PC.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby discspeed » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:20 am

I'm having fun with Assassin's Creed...Thanks for whoever recommended it! As soon as I beat it I'll be acquiring the second one. Unfortunately it does seem to freeze fairly often, but since it also autosaves constantly I haven't lost any time.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby MonsterX12 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 am

I haven't played the new fear but fear was a fun couple of weeks to play through.
Katana, Xcaliber, Teebird, Flat Top Roc, Voodoo
MonsterX12
Noob

Favorite Disc: CFR Katana

Postby BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:39 am

If you haven't played through God of War (I or II) now would be a good time to do so. The first two games have been remastered and are being released in a bundle for PS3 b4 Christmas. God of War III is scheduled for release in March 2010 and I cannot freakin wait!
This is unbelievable disc that acts like space ship. -lovetodg-

Wizard / Roc / Comet / Banshee / Eagle / OLF
BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Eagle

Postby BLURR » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:24 pm

GoW is a very sweet set of games. Definitely worth owning a PS3 for these titles alone.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Blake_T » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:20 pm

My biggest gripe about the new generation of consoles is the football games. Madden/NCAA just suck. The PS2 games were in many ways better, and that is just unacceptable to me. I love football games and that was one of my reasons for getting a new console. The pass rush is stupid hard (unless you're the CPU), the running animations/moves are weak (when will you be able to break a guys ankles with double moves only using the anolog stick?), and the quarterbacks are helpless. The game seems alright until I'm watching football on tv and realize all the shit that you can't do in the game. The pass rush/quarterback unable to make shifty moves in the pocket is just the worst thing. It seems the game physics/momentum are so off that a guy can be running full speed and miss you, then just pivot and grab you. That is just retarded and once again makes speed the holy grail trumping all other attributes. In real life fast teamss get beat by smart teams that use it against them by misdirection causing over pursuit. With this huge momentum flaw that just doesn't happen. I also think more guys should just fall down when they are not that agile, instead agility means very little. This hurts RBs that aren't pure speed backs. Anyway, F EA sports for having the lockdown on football games. I've enjoyed them for years, but the lack of competition has made them fat and lazy.

just get some all pro football for $2 and you'll never have to buy an updated football game ever again.

i've been debating picking up a 360 just for some of the RPG's now that there's more RPG's on 360 than PS3...
been wantin to give last remnant, infinite undiscovery, and lost odyssey a whirl. seeing as how almost all of the square enix games for 360 went from $60 to $20 in like 6 months, i'm having doubts they are gonna port much to PS3 since those must have had pretty absymal sales in order to depreciate that quickly.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm

hmmmm... I'd be hesitant to pick up a 360 just for that reason but with its recent price drop there really is NO bad reason to pick up a 360. Don't forget the PSN, which brings back old school rpgs for download and the fact that there's more to come on the PS3! I actually have Lost Odyssey but haven't opened it yet, the other two I'm also interested in but I just doubt i'll have time to hit them.

I wish those bastards would bring Xenogears to the PSN in America... damn you sony and square enix...
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Blake_T » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 pm

i have all the old PS1/PS2 RPG's i'll want to ever play (and a ton that i won't ever want to play for some reason) and a backwards compatible PS3.

if i stumble across a dirt cheap 360 i'd probably pick it up and the 9 games on 360 that i want to play that won't be on ps3.

the reason i couldn't justify paying $80 for demon's souls is that i can probably get a 360 for like $100 :P
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 am

Blake_T wrote:i have all the old PS1/PS2 RPG's i'll want to ever play (and a ton that i won't ever want to play for some reason) and a backwards compatible PS3.

if i stumble across a dirt cheap 360 i'd probably pick it up and the 9 games on 360 that i want to play that won't be on ps3.

the reason i couldn't justify paying $80 for demon's souls is that i can probably get a 360 for like $100 :P

You can get one of those banned 360s for like $50 on Craigslist now.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jnecessary » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:55 pm

mw2 is becoming an addiction, gotta throw some plastic the next two days before my ass fuses with this couch.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.