Daredevil Discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Daredevil Discs

Postby josser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Sweet. I do love my Aviar for tunnel shots. I'm thinking that a really soft/floppy disc might be nice for wooded courses so that when you hit a tree it doesn't fly too far off the fairway. Usually I use something like a Z-Buzzz or Champ Shark (or my beat Aviar putter) in the woods since they can take a beating, but when they hit a tree they can go pretty deep.

Does anybody have any experience using a really floppy disc in the woods?
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RS39 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:34 am

josser wrote:Sweet. I do love my Aviar for tunnel shots. I'm thinking that a really soft/floppy disc might be nice for wooded courses so that when you hit a tree it doesn't fly too far off the fairway. Usually I use something like a Z-Buzzz or Champ Shark (or my beat Aviar putter) in the woods since they can take a beating, but when they hit a tree they can go pretty deep.

Does anybody have any experience using a really floppy disc in the woods?

Timberwolf is longer than what you mention (Eagle/Gazelle/Cyclone HSS with minor LSS), but I really like mine other than the anti-fall color. A softy is also handy for overhand outs that should not roll far. Similar grip/durability to the gummy Q from Millenium, but unless the gummy Q is in sunlight, it lacks any visual pop and sucks to find.
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby Druid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Floppy putter in the woods:

I've never seen a Daredevil disc and it's the first time I've heard of them, but I have a soft Vibram VP. I've been told that it's similar in floppiness to the blowfly. When it hits a tree, it stops dead and drops at the base of the tree. It would be an awesome woods disc, if it weren't for the fact that I can't get a consistent release due to how ridiculously soft it is. It's also very overstable. Similar to a Discraft Zone. I probably should dig it out and practice more with it...

But long story short: Soft disc=less bounce off of trees.
Dart/Roc3/Whippet/Firebird/Leopard/Roadrunner/Teebird/Destroyer/DD2/Ape
Druid
Noob

Favorite Disc: DD2

Postby JR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Daredevil Timberwolf is like a new long Eagle L and somewhat shock absorbing due to flexing (made in Canada so coldness and discs freezing to plates is a problem for many plastics made down south in the developing country har har) and reduces kicks a lot and is super durable at the same time.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment