Florida

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Florida

Postby MR. WICK » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I'll be in Ft.Myers next week. Where should I play? Last time I played Florida Gulf coast U and North Ft. Myers Community park. The second one I'd like to avoid. Pretty crappy if I remember correctly, I couldn't even find a few of the holes out there by myself. I will have access to a vehicle and I am staying with my inlaws so a decent road trip for a day will be just fine :lol: Any leagues going on to hit up? I'll be there the 15th - 20th. What is good within a reasonable driving distance?
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Re: Florida

Postby DGjamey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:26 pm

if you feel like making a little bit of a drive u should make it up north to pinellas county and play cliff stevens (climos course) in clearwater with coachman park only 5 minutes away. Both of those courses are fun, i like cliff better though. then there is Tocobaga course at maximo park in st petersburg ( i really like this one too) Then there is taylor park in largo, fun course as well. Lots of water hazards at cliff stevens and a few at taylor park, both courses are pretty open. tocobaga and coachman have a lot more trees and not as open.
in order that i would play is: cliff stevens. tocobaga. taylor park then coachman. All of them are pretty close to each other.

Sarasota has some nice courses as well, and its not as much of a drive. I dont know too much about them though
Wraith TeeBird Boss Buzzz Ryno
DGjamey
Noob

Favorite Disc: Star Wraith

Postby rodman20 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 am

If you are going to make the two hour drive to clearwater be sure to play both cliff and coachman (like 1 mile apart) and then hit taylor park.

But if you wanna cut down some time hit the courses in sarasota (two courses one on a ball golf course and one other one). I havent played them but i know a couple guys who did this year at our AM championships and they loved them.

If all else fails go out in the middle of the swamp and look for rednecks in trailers who want your man meat. (que dileverance banjo music)
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird/Roc

Postby JimW » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 am

A bit to the north of Fort Myers is Port Charlotte, there's a nice course there that I played for the first time Monday. About half an hour north of that is Sarasota which has two quality courses. The one on the ball golf course I don't think exists normally, I believe it's only there for the tournament. There is a short, technical course called Lakeview in Sarasota that is fairly nice and there's also North Water Tower Park which is an excellent course and one of my favorites. And of course you can keep going north up here to Pinellas County; Tocobaga is right at the southern tip of the county so it's not far from Sarasota and then Taylor and the two courses in Clearwater are about 20-30 minutes away from that.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Return to Courses