Inov-8 Shoe brand

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Inov-8 Shoe brand

Postby YoungGunLefty » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:33 pm

I found this shoe brand by chance and was wondering if anyone has ever tried this brand out. I was thinking about trying them out as a dg shoe mainly because it looks like they have thick soles and seems like they would hold up well against wear and tear of dragging your foot. Let me know any reviews if you have worn these. And it sounds cool cause their name is INOV-8 so its real close to innova in name.

http://www.inov-8.com/Products-Recommen ... L=27&G=%25
Team DGA
YoungGunLefty
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Boss

Re: Inov-8 Shoe brand

Postby Jaysus » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I have a good buddy who is some sort of psycho all terrain marathon runner - he is a fan of the Inov8s.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Danforth » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:25 pm

I thought must people just wear hiking shoes. :-/
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby Yehosha » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Was just looking at the Inov-8 Flyroc 345 GTX. They look nice. Here's a review I just read about them:

FlyRoc 345 GTX - I'm a disc golfer, and my particular style of play is punishing on my shoes. I have destroyed many, many pairs, and tend to do so in short order. I purchased a pair of Keen's not too long ago, and they lasted two months before shoe goo could not keep them together any longer. Very disappointing. I purchased these next, and have been VERY happy with them. They have endured a full 8 months of abuse on the course, 4-7 days a week, every week. They offer comfort, performance, support, good looks, and they are built to last. I intend to purchase more Innov-8s in the future.
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby tigel » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Yehosha wrote:Was just looking at the Inov-8 Flyroc 345 GTX. They look nice. Here's a review I just read about them:

FlyRoc 345 GTX - I'm a disc golfer, and my particular style of play is punishing on my shoes. I have destroyed many, many pairs, and tend to do so in short order. I purchased a pair of Keen's not too long ago, and they lasted two months before shoe goo could not keep them together any longer. Very disappointing. I purchased these next, and have been VERY happy with them. They have endured a full 8 months of abuse on the course, 4-7 days a week, every week. They offer comfort, performance, support, good looks, and they are built to last. I intend to purchase more Innov-8s in the future.

Have the keen's really been out for 8+ months?
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 pm

He doesn't specify which model, so I would assume it wasn't the Milos, so yes. And I believe the 8 months was in reference to how long the Inov-8 shoes have lasted.

*edit for typo*
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby sunspot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Sweet, they have a store right down the road from where I live.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby YoungGunLefty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:11 am

I got these in yesterday and played my first round in them and I must say they are awesome. And it helped that I won the mini as well.
These things are extremely comfortable and they fit really really well. Plus they have endless options depending on the type of shoe you are looking for. I loved my salomons but they wouldnt last more than three months before falling apart. And the new milos i think are the ugliest thing thats come out in shoes in a very long time. And you are limited to one or two options.
If you are looking to try a new shoe out give these a shot. Especially if you throw innova discs because they tie in perfect. :lol:
Team DGA
YoungGunLefty
Tree Magnet

Postby Jaysus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 am

which one did you get?
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby YoungGunLefty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:57 am

The Roclite 312 gtx
it also goes really well with innova with the name ROC in it :lol:
here is a pic of the one i picked up.
Team DGA
YoungGunLefty
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am

those black ones are sweet. I havnt gotten a chance to look @ the site thoroughly,are they for narrow feet or can they accompany the wide foot? :)

I got some nike trail runners in 4e I believe and its the first pair of wider shoes I've owned.i can't see myself goin back to anything more narrow
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby YoungGunLefty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:37 am

I am unaware if they have wide foot beds but here is the phone number from the site and you can call them there and they can help with any questions that you may have.

Tel: +1 508 480 8856
Team DGA
YoungGunLefty
Tree Magnet

Postby YoungGunLefty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:42 am

here is what they say about the shoe pictured above

INOV-8 Roclite 312 GTX 11.6 oz $130 http://www.inov-8.com
Have you always wanted a Gore-Tex trail shoe but were dissuaded by the weight and bulk of most offerings? Wait no more. The svelte Roclite 312 GTX offers protection from the elements without sacrificing speed. If you’re already a fan of the Roclite 305, then you’ll transition seamlessly to the 312 GTX, which is the same shoe with Gore-Tex.
The agro “bike-tread” outsole gobbles up all obstacles- mud, rocks, slush-and, riding low-to-the-ground as with all inov-8s, the shoe lets your foot naturally react to the terrain.
With a roomy forefoot, the 312 GTX fits medium to wide feet and runners with low to medium arches, and runs about a half-size small.

Testermonial: “These shoes’ best feature is the balance between a light, agile upper with a hard, stable heel. I really liked the comfort for short-distance trail runs.” –Jody McAuley, Mount Pleasant, SC
Team DGA
YoungGunLefty
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:27 pm

thank you sir! sounds like i may give these a shot sooner than later as ive been looking for a devent shoe with goretex
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Yehosha » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Just ordered a pair of the Roclite 318 GTX myself. Found a pair $50 off, I couldn't believe it. Looking forward to trying these out.
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ion

Next

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear