The Least Changed Bag in the World.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: My bag for now

Postby discspeed » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I am throwing the XXX which is super easy to power down on (also I'm a pussy and can't throw it that far).

That doesn't make you a pussy. I have to nut it with significant anny to get it over 300'. It's a beefy ass disc.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:53 pm

discspeed wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:I am throwing the XXX which is super easy to power down on (also I'm a pussy and can't throw it that far).

That doesn't make you a pussy. I have to nut it with significant anny to get it over 300'. It's a beefy ass disc.

hell yeah it is. I had my one of my longest thumbers with it today. I was messing around today and there is a hole that is probably 300' uphill and I overthrew the hole by 10 or so feet. I usually don't bother trying to push a thumber past 250' or so to keep my shoulder intact but I didn't throw it any harder than normal. I tried to duplicate the throw but couldn't.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby dgdave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

I got an XXX the day GGGT got them in and it was not all that overstable. It was easy to get out to 350-360 land. Very Predator like with a tick less HSS.

I may have to give these another go around.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:23 pm

So I've got my small bag full of experimental discs and haven't really got to throw most of them yet. If you have tried these discs let me know if you see any gaps.

Star XCal

SOLF
SOLS

goldline Striker
goldline Striker

175 Aftershock - Z sparkle
171 Aftershock - Z sparkle
178 E element (going to be replaced by a core)
175 ESP meteor

Soft Magnet
Soft Magnet (beat)
E wizard
VP

This is just me deciding to experiment around with some random discs so let me know what you think. My main bag is pretty much the same.
Frank Delicious

Postby discspeed » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:39 am

You may want a slower turnable driver than the SOLS as it tends to fade out on shorter drives. You may find that you don't need anything between your Meteor and Aftershocks, especially if the lighter Z's are straighter than my heavy ones. Even though my heavy ones are overstable, they are very easy to throw with a tiny bit of anny for a straight shot.
discspeed

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 pm

discspeed wrote:You may want a slower turnable driver than the SOLS as it tends to fade out on shorter drives. You may find that you don't need anything between your Meteor and Aftershocks, especially if the lighter Z's are straighter than my heavy ones. Even though my heavy ones are overstable, they are very easy to throw with a tiny bit of anny for a straight shot.

I hadn't thought about a slower turn over disc so you make a good point. I might have to put something in until I can beat in one of the strikers.

And after throwing the lighter Z aftershocks I got today I don't really think I will need the core but I still want to mess around with it.
Frank Delicious

Postby discspeed » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:05 pm

I just found out today that your Meteor used to be mine. :wink: Its a fairly stable representative unless Jim beat it in some.
discspeed

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:05 pm

well that is good to know.

I field threw the meteor some today and it is a pretty good disc. I don't know if I like it though because it takes a different throw to get it to go where I want it to compared to my rocs and comets. I think it might be a little detrimental for me to throw it because it might make me change my form. It's kinda like why I don't throw the buzz well, it just doesn't jive with my form very well but it is still a great disc.

The aftershocks are great though and I really love them.
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:17 pm

My practice bag:

Z force

QOLF
MOLF

GL Striker
GL Striker

Z Aftershock
Z Aftershock
GL Core
Z comet (until I beat up a core)

HPP Wizard
2x S wizard

and discs I've got in there for fun and messing around with:

Z Xtreme
Champ Gator
Frank Delicious

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 am

The z xtreme is a fun little disc eh? I love forcing it into hard s shots and having people be like WTF was that :shock: Sometimes it gets me into trouble though when I underestimate it's overstability.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Mason65 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:until I beat up a core

Let me now how that goes, the opto I threw for 6 months never showed signs of wear, I'm wondering if GL will really wear faster.

Are the Strikers and OLFs competing for a spot? Or can you see enough difference to warrant both?
Destroyer*XXX*Eagle*Roc*Ion

Golden Retrieved: 18
Mason65
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The pink one

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 pm

mason65 wrote:Are the Strikers and OLFs competing for a spot? Or can you see enough difference to warrant both?

I use the QOLF as my stable distance driver and the MOLF as my understable distance driver. The strikers right now are like slightly longer eagles for me, they are not quite as long or as good in the wind as the OLFs.
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

So I just registered for my first big two day PDGA tourney and have assembled what I think will be my tourney bag:

Z force
Z pred

SOLF 1.1 - newer
SOLF 1.1 - straight
SOLF 1.1 - Beat

Champ Glo EX
Champ Glo EL

Star roc - new
Star roc - beat
DX roc - new
DX roc - beat

Z comet

5x wizards

The only thing that worries me is that I don't have a real turn over mid in the bag but I more assembled this bag using the "Discs I trust the most and have performed very well for me at the course in the past" method over the way I more traditionally assemble a bag which is to try and cover the widest range of shots with the least amount of discs. Because of that there is some overlap but I feel getting back into a PDGA I would rather feel confident with my discs over covering the more obscure and less used shots.
Frank Delicious

Postby rooneytunes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:02 am

I like your SOLF lineup. Such a useful disc in different stages of wear. 1.1 >1.2 all day everyday. Faster, straighter, 1.1ier.

I have a couple questions about your roc set up. Are they all rancho's? Where do you find yourself throwing the stars over the dx's?
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

rooneytunes wrote:I like your SOLF lineup. Such a useful disc in different stages of wear. 1.1 >1.2 all day everyday. Faster, straighter, 1.1ier.

I have a couple questions about your roc set up. Are they all rancho's? Where do you find yourself throwing the stars over the dx's?

They are all ranchos and the stars are used when I really want to nut on a roc throw with a little extra and make sure the disc will hyzer at the end. The newer star roc is pretty stable but has a decent amount of glide and can be thrown into a decent headwind without much worry. It is also my main forehand mid. The beat star roc has kinda been grandfathered into my bag. It was the first star roc I bought back in 06 and is dead straight now. I've been throwing it so long I know exactly what it will do, it really flies like my beat DX roc and they overlap a bit but I just love the thing so much I keep it in the bag.
Frank Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion