deleted a topic from the off topic section

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

deleted a topic from the off topic section

Postby Blake_T » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:43 am

yah, i'm a board nazi and deleted a thread. try to keep illegal activities off of here :)
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:53 am

now I wonder which thread it was, since im only 20 does that mean I should not partake in conversations in the beer forum?
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby jgarcia9102 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:19 pm

well im not sure what happned in the thread after i posted last, but i apologise if it was at all my fault.

Edit: Ahhhhh, it wasnt the beer thread. i retract my apology!
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:35 pm

also take not to my sarcasm in my post in this thread
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby jgarcia9102 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:12 pm

yea, im slow... :P
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:49 am

He's right. We should avoid illegal or negative publicity. Unfortunately, there are already associations with the game. It is assumed that since I play DG, I engage in the not mentioned activities. I find this very saddening.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:30 am

I agree, it comes with the territory of DG. It is irrelevant whether or not any of us partake in illegal leisure activity while playing/talking about disc golf, or at the course. It's such person's responsability and their own issue. I do agree with Blakes desicion as it doesnt belong on a public forum for Disc Golf.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Re: deleted a topic from the off topic section

Postby CincyKeith » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:44 pm

Blake_T wrote:yah, i'm a board nazi and deleted a thread. try to keep illegal activities off of here :)

I must have missed something pretty good..... :lol: . Guess I'll never know.
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby trogdor » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:13 am

Read the 2 posts above yours and you'll probably figure it out.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby redspexxx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:40 am

i think a lot of people get unfairly lumped into groups for playing sports all the time. its kinda a natural(but uncorrect) assumption that since a few do everyone must. not every football player takes roids, but some do. kinda the same thing i guess, but its unfair to say a person who plays disc golf HAS to do that...
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:21 am

redspexxx wrote:i think a lot of people get unfairly lumped into groups for playing sports all the time. its kinda a natural(but uncorrect) assumption that since a few do everyone must. not every football player takes roids, but some do. kinda the same thing i guess, but its unfair to say a person who plays disc golf HAS to do that...

Very much so , bro. But what do you do if you're in a professional position, one where you are held to a higher standard of morals?

A big scandal about said activity can affect your position at work.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

???

Postby Texas Made » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:55 pm

No kidding, I have been skateboarding for 17 years now and it seems that people find it nessasary to automaticly judge us as well. To each his own, its your life do what you do, just dont judge others on here say....
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Eric O » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:54 pm

I agree as far as keeping that content off the DG forum. It doesn't have a thing to do with DG, and I don't even think it is fair to say that kind of thing is more prevalent among the disc golf community than it is anywhere else. Much closer to the reality is that it is something enjoyed by a pretty high percentage of Americans in general, but there are many who would like us to believe otherwise.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am

Eric O wrote:I agree as far as keeping that content off the DG forum. It doesn't have a thing to do with DG, and I don't even think it is fair to say that kind of thing is more prevalent among the disc golf community than it is anywhere else. Much closer to the reality is that it is something enjoyed by a pretty high percentage of Americans in general, but there are many who would like us to believe otherwise.

I disagree with this statement. In the area I live, it is NOT enjoyed by such a high percentage. People looking for it often visit the disc course. Perhaps some have tried or experimented, but most of us here are trying to make a living to partake in such things.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements