Go to school -frisbeekoulu

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Go to school -frisbeekoulu

Postby JR » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcqEQ6cDz3o

This is an ad for the upcoming series frisbeekoulu or disc golf school. Finnish for now. You can ask about more specific details of future of English dubbing or subtitles from lgcm8 here or at youtube. He uses the same user name at both sites.

Timo has placed eight at USDGC and IIRC he's a disc golf junior world champion. Visa is a freestyle second place finisher at world championships and has placed second in Finnish disc golf championships. Markus is a great player evidenced by a Finnish championship. He got a new shot I verbally described to him courtesy of DGR knowledge and almost nailed an ace with it a couple of tries later without seeing the basket. Very high (50'+) elevator that looses forward speed and falls down almost straight. Around a huge tree.

In the end you can see me and mafa as well.
Last edited by JR on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Go to school -frisbeekoulu

Postby tigel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 am

Looks promising, if only I knew what they were saying. ;)
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:46 am

Yeah like I said there's lot to do and Visa said he can dub it in English and this project was his so it's not up to us alone to translate. lcgm8 took many shots of each lesson in close up matching the actions with the instruction from the throwers. So these will be helpful just by watching even though there are some tips one can miss without exact translation. These are fairly detailed explanations and visual presentations and as I'm not the father, videographer, editor etc. I can say without other bias than having worked with lcgm8 earlier and sharing nationality with the guys that these clips are more instructive and easy to see the details for copying into ones own form than any other videos I've seen. Including Stokely set, Edge and Champion's Way. And much higher video quality than masterbeato vids. Sorry Joe Veen :-) What can we say other than we're nuts for DG spending so much money on video cameras? :-)

Well a little bias from me is to be expected being there throwing in some ideas that were filmed along with those of mafa and lcgm8 on top of what Visa had already planned. And coaching the spoken parts of the throwers to be more informative trying not to leave out essential details. I can't really take credit here so that should tell you that this winter you'll be in for many treats that should help to keep the cabin fever out. Maybe by compelling you to go out and trying things out :-) Many people should be able to gain really useful bits from these clips so that come summer you'll be a better player.

From Finland with love.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

lcgm8 wrote in the comments on youtube that the vids are short to the point and detailed coming out at a rate of one per week. And he pointed out that Timo, Markus and Visa have a combined experience of over 50 years in disc golf.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Timko » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 pm

I am really looking forward to your videos. Everything you've worked on so far has been top rate.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 am

Furthur wrote:I am really looking forward to your videos. Everything you've worked on so far has been top rate.

In this case it's really not my doing but Visa and lcgm8 cooked the meal with Timo and Markus supplying the steak. I just threw in pinches of spices. The quality is definitely top notch.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby black udder » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 am

can't wait...
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby lcgm8 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:54 pm

A little update: I'm gonna rework every episodes and Visa directs my work. It's gonna be better and i feel relief for not doing everything myself :mrgreen: . School will probably start in April.

Finally got my first post here :shock: . Hi to all and thanks JR for keeping DGR informed.
-Juha
lcgm8
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby black udder » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 pm

It's winter, cold, I'm injured, it's dark early and I just can't get any time to go play.

You just cannot start (and finish) this project fast enough :D
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Desafinado » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 am

Juha- just wanted to write you a note of thanks for your hard work on this project and the other recent videos you've filmed/edited/posted to the net. You are setting a new standard for disc golf videography, which I hope will inspire others to elevate the quality of their DG vids. Bravo!
Desafinado
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby FLXbuzzzFTW!!! » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 am

Justwatched your youtube clip, and i must say it look s top-notch! When do you guys think your gonna have the whole thing released by? Im excited to watch, even if it is in Finnish! :lol:
FLXbuzzzFTW!!!
Noob

Favorite Disc: 168gm FLX Buzzz

Postby JR » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 am

FLXbuzzzFTW!!! wrote:Justwatched your youtube clip, and i must say it look s top-notch! When do you guys think your gonna have the whole thing released by? Im excited to watch, even if it is in Finnish! :lol:

Even if you aren't able to get an English dub or subtitles at first or at all there are a lot of Finns on this board that can help in conveying the main points and tips. Especially those that may not be obvious to the uninitiated from just watching.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JHern » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:32 am

Cool! I'll also be looking forward to it.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby superdrive » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 am

This is so cool! Can't wait!
superdrive
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Return to Video Critique