Tigel's Drives

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Tigel's Drives

Postby tigel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Thanks you two, I appreciate it. Sadly I just moved to Minneapolis today in my new apartment and I have NO idea where a field is, let alone a course. With the weather I doubt I'll get to test these new tips out anytime soon.
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby masterbeato » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 pm

lowracks wrote:If you're getting the nose down in your shots you shouldn't be able to see the top of your disc at all during the flight. It should just be a very slim profile shot of the side. Also, I believe it is possible to throw high while still keeping the nose down.

you have to pull the nose down on high shots, it does not just happen with the regular mechanics of throwing nose down on a lower line drive.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby masterbeato » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:38 pm

distance lines are different from golf lines, it is a throw all of its own and should be separated from what we are learning here.

throwing high needs different (but similar) mechanics. your distance lines are not going as far as your golf lines because you are trying to throw for D' and your using mechanics for throwing a golf line, your throwing it higher and they are stalling out short. if you have 380' power, then your max D' lines will stall short of your golf lines almost every time, it is normal that this is happening, if you want i can teach you how to throw high.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby tigel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am

Well, 3 months later and I'm back. I have no slow motion videos however. WMM won't open my files for some shit reason so I just had to directly upload... Extremely sorry for that.

As of right now, Beto has brought to my attention shoulder position, hit, and acceleration issues... I currently do not have my max distance yet. The field I was throwing at the other day where I was throwing farrrrr I haven't measured yet. The field in the video I have no idea. I wasn't flexing my orcs so that number is going to be minimal anyways.

As for my opinion, my form feels great. What I'm doing right now I know needs to twinks but it's on the way. I feel more confident in my drives that's for sure. Comparing these videos with my last ones, I can tell a big difference. The hit is the hardest thing to master, and if that's one of my only problems right now, I'm okay with that.

i will say, these weren't the best representations of my form; at least for first two. The last one was clearly my best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6M-VzKx1Ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72tQuyI57gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0xos-QN3sg
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Aaron_D » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:10 pm

One of the best tools for looking at your own drives and works with every type of file Ive ever tried is called VirtualDUB. You could easily use it to make your vids slow motion (just adjust the frame rate) and it is really good for using the slider to analyze specific parts of your throw.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby tigel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks aaron, downloading now
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 am

At least the last drive had a small pre cock. That worsens the close to the left pec and far from the right pec. Which comes from the torso being timed out of sync with the disc position. The torso is turned past 90 degrees left of the target before the disc reaches the left side. When it should be disc to right pec at chest 90 degrees left of target.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby patdabunny » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:09 am

rehder wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOMbSi_-3-k Check Dans drive at 1:16. See how he pauses for a split second after he plants his foot and then smoothly accelerates through the hit.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but this snippit at 1.16 about Dan's "pause" before the hit is the ABSOLUTE BEST video example of this I've ever seen. I've never been able to see it in any other player's video. Thank you for pointing it out. Now that makes more sense. I could understand the concept, but not seeing it in practice makes it difficult for me to incorporate into my game.
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Previous

Return to Video Critique