New to the board?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New to the board?

Postby skurf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 am

I think it's safe to say that gummy bears are at least bi. They're a bunch of sex crazed animals not caring who or what their sticky goodness rubs off on. Personally, I prefer more conservative candies such as individually wrapped Starburst.

Sup? I'm new and like orange Starburst.
skurf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Hurricane » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 am

Hey! Im a junior from Finland. I have played discgolf 1,5 years seriously, but I have started in 2007.
Hurricane
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:55 am

Hurricane wrote:Hey! Im a junior from Finland. I have played discgolf 1,5 years seriously, but I have started in 2007.

Hey man how's it going? We've got some good posting from your area already on here. JR is probably the most prolific.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Hey! Im a junior from Finland. I have played discgolf 1,5 years seriously, but I have started in 2007.

Hey man how's it going? We've got some good posting from your area already on here. JR is probably the most prolific.

Tervetuloa. Anteeksi ja kiitos :-D Koskien yo. kommenttia.

It's really cold here now so we seem to get a lot of Finnish junior action here now since Seppo Paju just registered too.

Where in Finland are you from Hurricane?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Hurricane » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Hey JR!

I live in Turku and I am a member of 7k.
Hurricane
Noob

Postby nothaz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

skurf wrote:I think it's safe to say that gummy bears are at the most bicurious in rare occasions. They're a bunch of sex crazed animals not caring who or what their sticky goodness rubs off on. Personally, I prefer more conservative candies such as individually wrapped Starburst.

Sup? I'm new and like orange Starburst.

Fixed. Welcome to the boards!
chronicatm(DGCR FORUMS) wrote:the only person that deserves to be hit with a disc is frank delicious imo

Frank Delicious wrote:Welcome brother bear.
You feel generous to your enemies and handicap your deadly claws. You are now Evander Bearifield
nothaz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Soft Wizard

Postby JR » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 am

Hurricane wrote:Hey JR!

I live in Turku and I am a member of 7k.

So you play with Seppo Paju and Fullbag from this board sometimes I presume? I've played the course at Paavo Nurmi Stadium twice in a day in spring two years ago and Lauste once this summer.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Lloyba » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 am

i think there's like 3-4 7k members posting here now, although i don't really post that much and don't even live in turku! :D anyway, cool to get more finns here, i'm Theodor Kivistö, from 7k as well.
Lloyba
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:05 am

So Turku is one of the most represented towns in the world at DGR. I know of three Helsinki based members.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:09 am

Hey guys......

Just signing in on the noob page.

Been playing disc golf since 2002 but never got serious enough to learn how to throw till now.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby adam » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:44 am

I think I qualify as new considering this is my first post. I played disc golf quite a bit during the late 90's, but I was the guy with one disc making fun of the "baggers". After taking almost a ten year hiatus while starting a family I am back and loving every minute of it. This time however, I'm a "bagger" who is working on proper technique and looking forward to some tournaments this season.

Staying on the gummy bear theme, for the first few posts I was on a totally different page.

Cartoon bears drinking Gummiberry Juice, bouncing around kicking butt.

and they are not gay.
adam
Noob

Favorite Disc: classic roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:05 am

What up guys!

Also Adam gets it, bears are not inherently gay.

REMINDER: Keep this about intros, all posts not pertaining to intros will be deleted. This thread is for new people to introduce themselves.
Frank Delicious

Postby homebrew » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 am

I'm Kenny- a programmer and graphic designer for an architectural consulting firm in Lafayette, Indiana. I just started playing last summer with a friend in the office.

I like long walks on the ...oops wrong site. I build web sites on the weekends, brew beer in the evenings, play upright bass in an old school honky tonk band.

I've learned a lot from this site, and I appreciate everyone's input and advice I receive here.
homebrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 pm

homebrew wrote:I'm Kenny- a programmer and graphic designer for an architectural consulting firm in Lafayette, Indiana. I just started playing last summer with a friend in the office.

I like long walks on the ...oops wrong site. I build web sites on the weekends, brew beer in the evenings, play upright bass in an old school honky tonk band.

I've learned a lot from this site, and I appreciate everyone's input and advice I receive here.

Brewing beer is fun, I'm most of the way through the brew master's bible. I just don't have the money to devote to home brewing like I'd like to.

Welcome to the board man.
Frank Delicious

Postby BrotherDave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm Dave and I am not from Finland. I'm a career student from NC with an honorary degree in smartassery. I enjoy short walks in the desert and well lit breakfasts. I'm most familiar with the crew in the Castle Hayne area.

Cheers and beers.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion