Stepping toward your putt.

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Stepping toward your putt.

Postby Greatzky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Redisculous wrote:
nothaz wrote:Both my brother and a friend we play with have a putting stance that causes them to step about three feet forward on their putts. I called them both on it today and both got real mad and stuff. My brother started taking a few steps back but was still stepping forward. The thing is they are both interested in tournaments and I would assume this is against the rules even if they were taking steps back. You have to throw from 30 centimeters behind your disc so they would be breaking two rules, right?

Walking past your lie is only legal outside of the circle, and of course you still have to release it with all suppoerting points behind the marker. You can do a walk up to your lie as long as it doesn't make you step past your lie (inside the circle) and you release within 30 cm behind your lie.

Thx for posting.. I got so caught up replying to other posts I never answered the original question :) that's what I would have told him.
-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf Apparel
http://hyzerflip.com
Greatzky
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Lithicon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 pm

I think some of this is slightly off topic for the most part. But, still on topic at the same time.

The fact people walk or jump putt is what fits their style. Everyone does it different and shouldn't be criticized for what works for them. While I'm in the circle I have a putt stance that of course falls within the rules. Outside the circle depending up on the distance, it's much easier to have a more "follow through", walk type putt.

By this I mean I generally take one step as I throw. While some argue this adds more variables and what not, really it doesn't. Because your base points still start behind the disc, in a base putting stance. Unless you're literally walking before your lie, throw behind your lie and continue walking. That form adds more variables, but everyone is different. What works for one, might not work for the other.

On topic though I do believe the situation being described in the topic is not legal.

Redisculous wrote:Walking past your lie is only legal outside of the circle, and of course you still have to release it with all suppoerting points behind the marker. You can do a walk up to your lie as long as it doesn't make you step past your lie (inside the circle) and you release within 30 cm behind your lie.
Last edited by Lithicon on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Predator - OLF - Cyclone
Roc Kool-Aid
Dart
------------------
Lithicon
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Dart

Postby nothaz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

Lithicon wrote:On topic though I do believe the situation being described in the topic is not legal.

It drives me crazy, but I just have to bite my tongue. :(
chronicatm(DGCR FORUMS) wrote:the only person that deserves to be hit with a disc is frank delicious imo

Frank Delicious wrote:Welcome brother bear.
You feel generous to your enemies and handicap your deadly claws. You are now Evander Bearifield
nothaz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Soft Wizard

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion