short clip

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

short clip

Postby rehder » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Havent done one of these in a pretty long time

now on youtube, but if you prefer to see the original quicktime .mov file, let me know and ill upload it somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGCETAOaMw

hit the first one ok (not real well though), and second one not as well. These where some of my first throws, couldnt get any of the later ones, since the cold froze the camera

comments are always appreciated
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Re: short clip

Postby rehder » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:01 pm

oh and my own observations are; that I need again to be mindful (again) of slowing things down. Im happy though that I have gotten rid of the stupid habit of curling the disc around my neck in the reachback.
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby terazen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm

The disc starts low in the reachback pointed upwards, then goes into the right pec tilted forwards, and still manages to hit the right spot at the release. Does that ever create nose angle issues for you?
terazen
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Teebird

Postby rehder » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:33 am

not really no. I used to have some nose angle issues, but its been a while, now dont have a problem getting nosedown, even on higher lines.
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:22 am

Ville Piippo and Jaani Länsiö local 500' busters constantly remind me of shifting more weight forward. No sir I don't like it on my home course with steep uphill drives on many and uphills on most holes. In the snow that's much deeper than what you had. I probably look similar to you on those uphill drives with dozens of degrees of aiming above horizontal to not hit the hills and trees. So I'm relaying that advice forward to you because on flat land throwing so weight back is only partially useful for high max D lines that flip to anny. On level ground I'm much more weight forward. With a plant step that long you should have more forward speed in the x and plant step to get the weight forward faster thus adding more D. Naturally traction is a must and limits how fast you can run but if it were summer...
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rehder » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:18 am

yes no doubt, that the second throw wasnt any good in that regard, all sorts of things where off on that throw, you can also see that its slower as well, during the hit. I checked a still on the first throw, and weight is on front foot during the throw. Now granted, I could have been more weight forward, but I wasnt aiming for a low line drive. Its a cyclone :wink:
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Video Critique