18 holes with Acid and his HD Flip in 3:30

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

18 holes with Acid and his HD Flip in 3:30

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 pm

So today during doubles I shoved my new HD Flip in one of my pockets of my bag. I mainly just wanted to get some drives and approaches. I hit way too many trees today. Ugh. PA Davis is our longer course. Our other 2 are Acadiana Park which are very heavily wooded. PA Davis is more flat ground with batches of trees here and there.

I also wanted to see the quality of my new Flip HD camera. Seems to have done pretty well for me. Youtube kinda dumbed it down a little bit, but in 720p and fullscreen you can see the full flight of the discs on most of the drives.
All in all I'm happy with the way the Flip shot. Simple, easy to edit with the software.... This was the first time I really took video of myself and cleaned it up for editing. Even tho the editing is just cutting pieces out and adding a square where the basket is. The other ppl on my card didn't know I was filming my drives, so they accidentally stood in front of it during some of the shots.Maybe this spring when I have the time I can film me and some buddies in a round and edit it down.
Hole number 6 near the end of the video was my only really nice throw of the day. There's been some ppl on the forums who've asked me about some sidearm bombs, and this hole I usually do well on. 400 foot drive sidearm. Landed level with the basket but about 20 feet to the left of it.

Be sure to bump up the resolution to 720p and put it full screen... I'm really impressed with the quality for such a simple camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-C2Pt1feG8
Last edited by AciDBatH666 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: 18 holes with Acid and his HD Flip in 3:30

Postby tigel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 pm

I'm digging the quality of the flip. Nice video Acid!
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoLifeLeft » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am

In Flames, nice.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby chucka » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Wow, That Flip does take great video, was it on a tripod? (i'm assuming it was)

also, is that a GTI or a GLI in your avatar? anything done to it? I have a mkv GLI that i show.
chucka
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Wraith

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

No tripod. Every single shot was with the flip shoved in one of the side pockets of my Revo Carolina bag while it was resting on my stool. I just kinda pointed it towards the direction I was going to be throwing and hit record.
None on the people on my card knew I was recording hence why they're in the way in some shots.

When I get a chance I'll take some better shots and line up all of my approaches and horrible putting. With the flip software I just edited the beginning and ends of each clip where I was walking toward and away from the tee boxes.
I really just wanted to see if the HD Flip would catch the whole flight of the disc. Because when I see people filming dg I get aggrivated when you can't even see the disc after a few seconds.

The gti is mine. It's got Neuspeed intake and APR Stage 1. DSG. Burns like there's no tomorrow. It runs a 13.9 right now. I may get a downpipe and jump to stage 2 later on. Along with an APR Intercooler
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chucka » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:No tripod. Every single shot was with the flip shoved in one of the side pockets of my Revo Carolina bag while it was resting on my stool. I just kinda pointed it towards the direction I was going to be throwing and hit record.
None on the people on my card knew I was recording hence why they're in the way in some shots.

When I get a chance I'll take some better shots and line up all of my approaches and horrible putting. With the flip software I just edited the beginning and ends of each clip where I was walking toward and away from the tee boxes.
I really just wanted to see if the HD Flip would catch the whole flight of the disc. Because when I see people filming dg I get aggrivated when you can't even see the disc after a few seconds.

The gti is mine. It's got Neuspeed intake and APR Stage 1. DSG. Burns like there's no tomorrow. It runs a 13.9 right now. I may get a downpipe and jump to stage 2 later on. Along with an APR Intercooler

I was wondering why there were people in the way on some of the shots (especially that chicks butt), that's funny they didn't know.

I haven't done any performance to my car other than a evolution intake. I have Koni Coilovers, have had about 6-7 sets of wheels from 18-19's. I also have DSG. (sorry to hijack your thread, I won't do anymore car talk on here)
chucka
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Wraith

Postby MR. WICK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:08 pm

video quality is sick. you move around A LOT before you putt. Nice rip on hole 8.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Jaysus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am

That Flip takes great video... does it have optical zoom?
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby tigel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:58 am

Jaysus wrote:That Flip takes great video... does it have optical zoom?

I don't think so
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:28 pm

It does have a zoom but it nothing to write home about. Not sure on how far it zooms, I rarely use it.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Flip HD Zoom capability = Non-existent...for the most part. I think you get a 2x zoom on it. It does however shoot some decent video for such an inexpensive piece of equipment.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby masterbeato » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm

yeah i am shocked about the vid quality on that, i need one of those!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby tigel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm curious how the new Ipod nano (color ones with video AND recording features) does.
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby inthedrift » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 am

I recently picked up a Flip HD myself and was quite impressed with the quality relative to the cost of the cam. It doesn't really offer any bells and whistles, but it does what it does simply and provides great results. I've played around with the ipod video cams and they look pretty decent, but I don't believe they shoot in HD.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby JR » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:01 pm

BLURR wrote:Flip HD Zoom capability = Non-existent...for the most part. I think you get a 2x zoom on it. It does however shoot some decent video for such an inexpensive piece of equipment.

I thought it had no zoom just cropping. That's just removing the edges of the picture. It does not magnify far away objects like a basket or a disc in flight. The data rate is small so it loses in image quality in encoding and storing of data. Videos fit into smaller space though.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Next

Return to Video Critique