Revolving bag of the junkie

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Revolving bag of the junkie

Postby disc junkie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Current as of 12/8/11

172 CPD2
171 Star Teerex
170 C-DD

175 Star Valk
175 SOLF 1.2
172 QOLF 1.1
172 SOLF 1.1
170 Star EagleX

178 Vector
178 Domey Axis
171 Z Comet
178 ESP Comet
168 ESP Zone

166 M ION, Opaque, non textured
173 M Eclipse ION
Last edited by disc junkie on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Re: New Year Resolution Part Duex

Postby Booter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

dont forget the tp clone you have waitin for ya here at my casa 8) . good luck broham. if you need help keepin this bag in line ill help ya by not talkn about how good somethin new works haha.god knows both of us cant help buyin 1 piece of new plastic for 1 month.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Pat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

if you change the cyclone with stalkers and mako/core with rocs, thats near identical to my bag. I have kept it solid for about 4 months, so you can get away with lots with that bag.

Good Luck!
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby disc junkie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Good lookin out booter ill definitely need it lol. And ya I'm lookin forward to that to TP clone.

And thanks for the good luck wishes pat. I'm super confident with this setup. I've had rocs and stalkers in the bag and I really njoyed those molds however I think my current setup suites my game a lil better. I'm. Excited to see how well I stick with it!
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby victorb » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:07 am

damn that bag looks nice with woodland quads on it!

I'm probably going to make the same resolution...I really need to, even though the core of my bag has only changed once or twice in the last 2 years or so.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby disc junkie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:37 am

Its official the pure is my putter with the Vibram Ridge being the more stable compliment. So that rounds out my setup and my initial concerns.

Be prepared for some Wizards and Magics being put up for sale/trade
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby discspeed » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 pm

You should break in a P-PD and drop the SOLS. Honestly though, you're too much like me to stick with this. I know myself better than to commit like that. You should know better as well. :lol: Your only shot of sticking with this is to completely AVOID the equipment thread.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby disc junkie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:58 pm

discspeed wrote:You should break in a P-PD and drop the SOLS. Honestly though, you're too much like me to stick with this. I know myself better than to commit like that. You should know better as well. :lol: Your only shot of sticking with this is to completely AVOID the equipment thread.

Very Troo! I have been tinkering with that idea as I have two P-PD (168 and 172) coming in in the next couple of days. My main concern is the LSS because that is why I have my SOLS in my bag for when I want a late left turn anny shot from hyzer (LHBH). Im concerned the P-PD will have too much LSS and will want to fight out of the turnover.

As for the commitment its mostly to force myself to stick with a core bag. I never said I will not be trying out all that I can, I just do not want to bag it until after I find out its truly better that what is already in there. I really want to stick with this setup for at least a year.

Truly with the level that I am at with my game there is rarely a disc that comes out that changes my game as I can manipulate the flight of a disc fairly well. The reason for all the constant switching is just me being a disc whore and wanting to throw everything. I just want to actually sit on the same molds for awhile to see if it makes a difference with my score. I dont think it will too much as I can pretty much suppliment every disc with my bag with something similar and shoot just as good.

The one disc though that I must say has opened up a lot of birdie opportunities for me and has increased my big D is the Nuke. Seriously this disc goes FARRRR.

And for an honorable mention the Cyclone. Im shocked Im saying this but I believe I like these more than eagles. Such a great mold. I like the X and ESP Combo
Last edited by disc junkie on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby discspeed » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't think you will have any LSS problems with the P-PD. I used to throw the SOLS (it was one of the first discs I could ever get a late right turn with), and my P-PD is broken in and right now it is like a fairly new SOLS. The PD does not come back if I throw it hard with a slight hyzer.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby disc junkie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:10 pm

discspeed wrote:I don't think you will have any LSS problems with the P-PD. I used to throw the SOLS (it was one of the first discs I could ever get a late right turn with), and my P-PD is broken in and right now it is like a fairly new SOLS. The PD does not come back if I throw it hard with a slight hyzer.

Well in that case I am even more excited to get my two P-PD in from DGC. I do tend to believe you on this on also based on how I saw booter's P-PDs fly this weekend
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby disc junkie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 am

Made some slight adjustments. I am happy with the Pure and Ridge so those are staying. Also I swapped the SOLS for the P PD based on discspeed varifying what I was hoping for. Took out one S PD and added the Star FB which is shorter and more overstable than my 11x. I will probably replace the X Cyclone with an ESP once I get one beat enough.

172 ESP Nuke
173 ESP Nuke
170 Star Destroyer
171 Star Destroyer
171 S PD
172 P PD
175 11x FB
175 Star FB
171 ESP Cyclone
171 X Cyclone
172 GL Core
176 GL Core
173 Star Mako
176 Star Mako
170 VP Ridge
170 Grip Pure
172 Zero Pure
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:02 pm

disc junkie wrote:
discspeed wrote:And for an honorable mention the Cyclone. Im shocked Im saying this but I believe I like these more than eagles. Such a great mold. I like the X and ESP Combo

Wow no more love for the eagle. Actually my bag is starting to look like this. I think I am almost done with Orc's. I finally moved up to a Destroyer and have been loving it. I have been beating in 2 P-PD's and can verify what Discspeed said about them. just a great disc, basically replacing my pearly orc's(who wants em?). SOLS has also become a staple, dead straight with that late right fade when I need it. It sucks I work weekend mornings or I would hit you up for a round. Getting tired of playing solo and rounds with friends that throw 200ft hyzers. Metcenter has become my fav course when it isn't flooded
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby disc junkie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:09 pm

zj1002 wrote:
disc junkie wrote:
discspeed wrote:And for an honorable mention the Cyclone. Im shocked Im saying this but I believe I like these more than eagles. Such a great mold. I like the X and ESP Combo

Wow no more love for the eagle. Actually my bag is starting to look like this. I think I am almost done with Orc's. I finally moved up to a Destroyer and have been loving it. I have been beating in 2 P-PD's and can verify what Discspeed said about them. just a great disc, basically replacing my pearly orc's(who wants em?). SOLS has also become a staple, dead straight with that late right fade when I need it. It sucks I work weekend mornings or I would hit you up for a round. Getting tired of playing solo and rounds with friends that throw 200ft hyzers. Metcenter has become my fav course when it isn't flooded

Whats up stranger!!

I still have mad love for the eagle but these cyclones are just buttah. I really am digging them very much and truthfully I dont miss my eagles like I though I would.

And bro I throw a lot more than just Sat. mornings so hit me up anytime (except Mon-Fri 730-5).

And yea that is the one thing I do NOT like about the Metcenter is that its pretty much always flooded. I have to say that Ridgeline is prolly my new favorite. However Wilco, Manor and Circle C are still right there with it.

We definitely need to get out and throw sooner than later. Speaking of which if you are available this coming Saturday the 23rd myself along with some buddies are going to Circle R feel free to join up.
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Yeah until the time changes I can't play much on sat and sun. I work 8-5 both days. As for the 23rd I can't and I wish I could because I have yet to go to Circle R. I just need to take off a weekend, and hope it don't rain. I swear every day I have off it rains now, I can't wait for a dry texas summer.

I wan't to get my form straight before I play with a good group again. It has been a joke since I tore up my arm. I get so mental when I suck it up around people. I have been throwing 400ft nose up and it is driving me crazy. Ted Damson asked me about it when I was driving at DiscNation, asking how I was getting so much height on the throws. I know the main reason is because I let the disc slip out the back of my hand, and I also will shift my weight onto my back foot alot. I need to just go hit up the driving range in Kyle and figure out my problems.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby disc junkie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm

My Set-Up now

172 ESP Nuke
172 Star Destroyer
171 S PD
172 P PD
172 P PD
175 11x FB