Pressure Point and Self Defence Tools for the Course

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pressure Point and Self Defence Tools for the Course

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 am

Hey fellow DGR folks, I don't know about you but I have played some courses that are in shady neighborhoods and like to have something with me to protect myself if the need should arrive (like aquatic in Berkley CA) . Here in Idaho I always carry a knife and there is like zero crime so I am prepared. For those of you who live in more restrictive area, this may not be a possibility (carrying a knife). When I was taking martial arts I realized how a simple pressure point weapon could be used effectively even by those who have not been trained to use them, and they are legal nearly everywhere. So over the years I have made a bunch of pressure point weapons of varying size that I can carry on my person or in my DG bag. They are made out of unbreakable Micarta. Solid one piece construction. I figured I would offer some of these up to my fellow DGR peeps on so you can be protected, not get arrested if you are hassled by a cop, defend yourself, friends and family, and have a potent non-lethal device to deploy if there is no other option. Below are the picks of the one I have right now. We can negotiate on prices. Top row are 20-40 bucks, bottom row around ten.

S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Pressure Point and Self Defence Tools for the Course

Postby SkaBob » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 am

Neat stuff...I think at least a few of those would run afoul of the laws that ban brass knuckles and the like, though... Certainly something one should check the local rules and regs on before walking around with.

What's that material used for, normally? It looks like some sort of fiber-composite...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 am

The material is made out of canvas and epoxy basically. It is used a ton to make knife handles because it is impervious to chemicals, when it gets wet the canvas fibers stand on end and give you good traction and grip. They also make gears, and other manufacturing parts out of it. This material was first made to insulate high power electrical boxes because it does not conduct electricity. These are a full half inch thick so they are damn near unbreakable. The first two in the picture, and the whole second row should be legal in most every state, but you would have to check your local regs for the others. I used them is Aikido class all the time and there are extremely effective. I would with Kids who have behavior and mental issue and one of them flipped out and tried to attack me once so I have used one in a actual physical confrontation. I had the Kid (18 year old, 5'11' 165lbs) in submission shortly without really hurting him or myself. So they work good!
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 am

I also have a handful of smaller ones that are used more for wrist locks/arm locks getting people to the ground in submission if you were holding them for the cops, waiting for help, or whatever.
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby SkaBob » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 am

heh I'd actually be interested in seeing those. I've looked at aikido as one of the arts I want to pick up in order to get my stupid back in a stable state and get myself into better shape. Watching videos of Uechiba totally owning 5-6 students at a time (albeit for performance a lot of the time) really shows how good aikido can be for grappling
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 am

My Sensei is a small guy, like 5'5" and about 150lbs. I am 6'1" 215lbs and I have gone all out to get him down, land a punch, anything, and he just fucks me all up in 1/2 second. It is pretty wicked. Which one ya want, i will make ya a good deal, PM Sir Ska!
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Those are pretty cool and they look like they spell something in an alien language lined up like that.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:32 pm

:lol: ya they are a little alien symbolish looking...If the great and Mighty Frank D wants one I will make ya a great deal!!
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Return to Garage Sale