David Feldberg putting clinic

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: David Feldberg putting clinic

Postby zj1002 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Aaron_D wrote:It really bothers me they took it off, but who knows what the circumstances are. It was really, really good and I hope it comes back.

just from watching those videos you can tell he is a natural teacher. someone that really does love doing what he is doing
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm glad I sat and watched all 6 when I got home from work. I can see why they'd take it down after hearing him say how he added more points to putting in a second dvd. I don't have a big problem with them wanting the vids taken down. It just urges people to want to buy the dvd. If this were anything else, I'd say go ahead and rip em off...
But this is Disc golf. The Pros have enough problems trying to do what they enjoy for a living and support themselves.
I may even buy it just to support him, and so I can see some parts of it again to get a better feel for it.

I got most of it down in my head, but just gotta sit down and put it into action. Maybe write down certain aspects of putting that I think I'll forget.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby tigel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:18 am

I knew this was going to happen. That's why I watched them fast. I decided not to rip them (like I normally do... ) because its disc golf and I don't mind people having to pay for this stuff. It's good information, and I think people should support the pro's.
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:38 am

zj1002 wrote:
Aaron_D wrote:It really bothers me they took it off, but who knows what the circumstances are. It was really, really good and I hope it comes back.

just from watching those videos you can tell he is a natural teacher. someone that really does love doing what he is doing

didnt he used to teach, or currently teach part time, like at a university or something?
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby zj1002 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:27 am

yep i think he still teaches. he mentions it in the videos. it makes me want to move up there and take the class for a semester haha.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby what'shisname » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:49 am

Man, how fucking cool would it have been to be able to take a disc golf class for credit?

I only got through 4 of them before they took them down. :x He's such a good teacher, just seems natural to him.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby zj1002 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 am

I wish they would have one at texas state. we have our own damn course on campus. give us a class!
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby gretagun » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 am

I only got through the first 3 as well. I have never seen "The Champs Way" dvd, but I was also impressed with Dave's teaching ability. I've been working on my pitch putt for about a year, and I was able to have a few things clarified for me by watching what I was able to.
Wizard>Roc>Leopard>Teebird>Orc>Firebird
gretagun
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Rancho Roc

Postby majorsick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 am

So where can one obtain a legal copy of these DVDs?
majorsick
Noob

Postby sunspot » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 am

DiscDemon25 wrote:Well, it didn't take long for them to be made private. I got to watch up to 5 of 6 but that was it.

:x

The last two sessions were more about rules than technique. If you watch the first 4 sessions then you should be in good shape.

Claytoon wrote::wink:
Because they (prob innova) realized how valuable they were, and they want to sell them...

I still love innova...but just being honest and realistic. It makes good business sense.

I understand the reason behind it even though it does rub me in the wrong way (slightly).

Edit: Who filmed it?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Claytoon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 am

What sucks is that I saw the Fundamentals DVD, and the way it was filmed is so quick and glazes over a ton of info. If you don't pay strict attention, you can miss important details, and even still I'm sure some details are left out. And it was cheesy.
That's what I liked so much about these youtube videos, was how much detail he went into about the techniques, explanations, etc. I hope that the next DVD is as detailed and as quality as these videos were. Also could be more laid back and personal like these...lose some of the cheese factor.

He says in the youtube videos that the next DVD is due out this summer.

P.S. the end of the 6th video lists who filmed it...once I get home, I'll edit my post to include that info.
Claytoon
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Postby black udder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:58 pm

I saw 5 of 6 and if 6 was anything like 5 they should post those two for sure, it would HELP the sport if people understand the rules and are given methods to play accurately by the rules. That stepping down with the back foot could cause A LOT of penalties. Of course, nobody except at the tip top level will make the calls because it's a goofy rule.

I can understand why somebody took them down, but he's still saying I showed you 5 in the first DVD, 10 here and now I've got 15 which I'll show you in the next DVD. If you benefit from this, how are you not going to want the next DVD?

He's not showing or telling anything that hasn't been taught here though. He actually even mentions "the hit" and late acceleration, I believe, for the first time (outside of folks here). Should be positive for lots of folks. I hope they do a better job of explaining driving than the first one.

But again, it's nothing that hasn't been explained here.

I'll probably buy the dvd just on the long shot that owning the dvd will increase my distance.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby disc junkie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 pm

black udder wrote:I saw 5 of 6 and if 6 was anything like 5 they should post those two for sure, it would HELP the sport if people understand the rules and are given methods to play accurately by the rules. That stepping down with the back foot could cause A LOT of penalties. Of course, nobody except at the tip top level will make the calls because it's a goofy rule.

I can understand why somebody took them down, but he's still saying I showed you 5 in the first DVD, 10 here and now I've got 15 which I'll show you in the next DVD. If you benefit from this, how are you not going to want the next DVD?

He's not showing or telling anything that hasn't been taught here though. He actually even mentions "the hit" and late acceleration, I believe, for the first time (outside of folks here). Should be positive for lots of folks. I hope they do a better job of explaining driving than the first one.

But again, it's nothing that hasn't been explained here.

I'll probably buy the dvd just on the long shot that owning the dvd will increase my distance.

I agree the vids were a great instructional tool for sure. Im glad I was able to watch them. Definitely not anything that hasnt been said here however to be able to have a visual reference of someone describing and performing the putt was Extremely helpfuly for me.

I have a hard time learning from the writings here but being able to see the putt performed has made it all seem so much easier for me. I will definitely be buying the next DVD.

Also on a side note I have emailed dave about the 15 checkpoints he goes through. So if I am lucky and he responds I will post that here as well. I did try to email the guy who posted the vids but I was having comp issues at the wrong damn time and was not successful.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Star Shark » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm

The Fundamentals DVD is supposed to be one of a series. They intend to do several more, probably one on putting, one on distance driving, one on trick shots. I talked to Dave and Kenny when they were out at Sylmar shooting Fundamentals
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Man, i just set up my basket in my room just now. Tried to get some of these straight arm putts... Man, this ain't an easy transition.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Technique