Gays serving openly in the military

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Gays serving openly in the military

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm

BearDin wrote:seriously? It just goes to a picture?

Come on, man. You're better than that....

I actually thought about what I wrote. what'd you do? Just goto your folder of stock photos and find something that would devalue anything I said?

Why does that make me dumber than a dog?
Because I actually ask questions!?

You just compared being gay to being a murderer, don't be surprised if you don't get too many serious answers.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:59 pm

BearDin wrote:seriously? It just goes to a picture?

Come on, man. You're better than that....

I actually thought about what I wrote. what'd you do? Just goto your folder of stock photos and find something that would devalue anything I said?

Why does that make me dumber than a dog?
Because I actually ask questions!?

im just fuckin with ya......but comparing being gay to being a murderer or thief doesn't make you sound like a genius even if it was well thought out and written
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby BearDin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:02 pm

I did NOT compare being gay to a murderer!

See, you see what you WANT to see. No one will talk about these things, and that's a problem.

My post is about CHOICE vs. GENETICS. I used the action of killing as an EXAMPLE. I used eating as an example. I used stealing as an example. EXAMPLES of ACTIONS. Are the acitons genetic or a choice?

You just overlook everything I say and claim I'm comparing being gay to murderers. Which, I believe, I even say in my post that I'm not. Yup, I do. Read it yourself.. Oh, that's right, you choose not to, and just instantly misconstrue my message.
BearDin
Tree Magnet

Postby zj1002 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:09 pm

BearDin,
it is hard to read emotions and sarcasm in text...and I am not just talking about what you posted. Reacting like that makes it even harder to take your cause if you can't see the other side

I for one have no problem with the issue of a gay male/female serving. I am a Criminal Justice major and at some point after I graduate I will heavily consider joining a branch of the military. I will also have to deal with it when I move into local/federal Law Enforcement. For me it easier because I have a few close family members that are openly gay and I am not as close minded as I used to be
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby discspeed » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
SkaBob wrote:
black udder wrote:We need to advance as a species and as long as we cater to the lowest common denominator, we won't.

Truer words have rarely been spoken.

Huh? From a purely evolutionary argument this makes completely and utterly no sense.

I honestly think it makes complete evolutionary sense. Humans are overpopulating the planet at a record pace. We are outnumbering available resources and destroying the planet. Having a higher occurrence of "non-breeders" seems to make evolutionary sense to me.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby discspeed » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 pm

BearDin wrote:question....

If being gay is something people don't choose and instead are born like that, are people who kill people choosing what they do, or are they born like that? Is being a murderer (and I'm not comparing being gay to killing people, this is just an example) genetic? Or is it a choice? What is the difference really?

Before you accuse me of hate on gays, maybe I'm just sticking up for murderers (not really). Maybe they were just born that way. They can't help it. They need to kill.

If being a killer is genetic, then I say let the KILLERS serve...

I mean, you could say this about anything. A person who CHOOSES to eat non stop and not exercise could get fat and claim its genetic, even though they CHOSE to eat and get fat.

People steal stuff. They can't help it. Is that genetic? Being a klepto? Or is it a CHOICE?

What actions are CHOICE, and what actions are PROGRAMMED?

This is a serious question. Who decides the answer?

Sexual orientation is not a choice. I didn't choose to get a hard on when I saw the Victoria's secret catalog when i was 11 years old, it just happened. Sexual stimuli produce an autonomic response that does not occur in the decision making part of your brain. I choose to beat my meat to that catalog, but the desire was not a choice. Unlike murdering, that choice was not antisocial, and neither is homosexual behavior.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Postby Dig It » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Jeronimo wrote: Do you really ever believe racism will be completely left behind by human kind? Good lord, that is idealistic.

I really think it will. I think it it will be bred out the same way it was bred in.

Anyway, can't any of you MFers give me a topic that doesn't paint me as some Birkenstock wearing flaming liberal!? Some one start a freaking' immigration thread so I can feel red for once. Shit. It takes daily affirmations to stay out of the Obama thread. Excuse me while I smoke pot in my Prius and phone PETA about some Dolphin shit I heard about earlier in the week.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Roy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Dig It wrote:
Jeronimo wrote: Do you really ever believe racism will be completely left behind by human kind? Good lord, that is idealistic.

I really think it will. I think it it will be bred out the same way it was bred in.

Anyway, can't any of you MFers give me a topic that doesn't paint me as some Birkenstock wearing flaming liberal!? Some one start a freaking' immigration thread so I can feel red for once. Shit. It takes daily affirmations to stay out of the Obama thread. Excuse me while I smoke pot in my Prius and phone PETA about some Dolphin shit I heard about earlier in the week.

I know what you feel like. I just got back from the grand wizards house and I'm going to pound some american brews and pop off a few rounds out back :lol: .

anyway...
It's not just racism, ther's a lot of isms out there. seems like a lot to ask for people to sit down and play nice. It has never happened yet and I dont think it ever will.

Put me down for the genetic side of the gay question. I dont think it can be controlled. I know a gay guy that said he knew he was gay before he knew what sex was.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 pm

The more posts I read of yours Discspeed the more sure I am that he is a brilliant person, you articulate your points very well and in a manner that is obviously well thought out and easy to understand.

A person being gay has no impact on anyone else, at all. If someone being gay is effecting your life you probably need some therapy because you are suffering from some sort of anxiety or paranoid psychological disorder. I guarantee that all of us have friends or family that are gay and have no idea. This is such a polarizing topic that even in 2010 that many gay people do ot feel that it is ok, safe, or acceptable to share it with anyone. This is a sad state, and even if you are not comfortable with homosexuality try and deal with it for the betterment of mankind and the human condition.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Prerube » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Dig It wrote:
Roy wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
SkaBob wrote:
black udder wrote:We need to advance as a species and as long as we cater to the lowest common denominator, we won't.

Truer words have rarely been spoken.

Huh? From a purely evolutionary argument this makes completely and utterly no sense.

Wat?

I think here's saying you can't evolve if your putting you evolutionary parts into the wrong hole.

Wrong hole huh Roy? Guess we see what side of the issue you come down on. BU is saying that we as a human race need to stop catering to the racist, bigoted and homophobic among us or we will never get anywhere as a race of humans. He is not saying homosexuality is the key to advancement.

In some cultures gay people are respected because they are not competing for other's mates. Just think, for every gay male couple, that's 2 more girls for you so you shouldn't have a problem.
Prerube
Ruby's Pimp-ass shirt revival

Postby Prerube » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Dig It wrote:

Racism is not genetic. when you are exposed to racism you become racist. I have always been open minded, but I feel slightly racist after my car is vandalized because I am the only white guy in the neighboorhood, or when they scream "F-ing cracker" everytime I get out of the car.
Prerube
Ruby's Pimp-ass shirt revival

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:25 pm

keoni wrote:or when they scream "F-ing cracker" everytime I get out of the car.

Just bust out the old N word on em, im sure it will work out :wink:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby sunspot » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 pm

discspeed wrote:
Sexual orientation is not a choice. I didn't choose to get a hard on when I saw the Victoria's secret catalog when i was 11 years old, it just happened. Sexual stimuli produce an autonomic response that does not occur in the decision making part of your brain. I choose to beat my meat to that catalog, but the desire was not a choice. Unlike murdering, that choice was not antisocial, and neither is homosexual behavior.

What about pedophiles? They may have the same reaction. Are they born that way?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 pm

I feel like I'm back in 10th grade after reading the last couple of pages.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Roy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I feel like I'm back in 10th grade after reading the last couple of pages.

Really? The guy who's proud of trolling DGCR for weeks calls people out as immature.

Some people encurouge free thought as long as you think just like they do. :roll:

Sunspots post was thought provoking and appropriate to the question IMO. Where does society draw the line? Sexual criminals can be held indefinitly even after their sentence has been served.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.