Disc stories

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc stories

Postby Smyith » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:59 pm

me and my buddies were bsing the other day about the random funny shit that happens. i was just posting this to get some stories from everybody else. we all know laughter is the spice of life.

i remember when time we were watching some ppl drive on a hole and standing about half way down the fairway (out of the way). well i was looking at the basket and somebody and one go a little off line and it beaned me right in the temple. funny thing is i didnt even realize it until my friend was asking me if i was alright (yes i was messed up was smoking something). i guess it worked out for the person who threw it b/c they would have ended up buried in the trees.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:59 pm

I was playing with my ex-girlfriend and we were teeing off on a tee that was up a slight hill i'd say about 8 feet high...anyway she slipped/tripped on her runup and rolled all the way down the hill like a little kid would....I couldn't stop laughing...she got mad... :D

Was playing at another course where 18 teepad is about 15ft in front of 16 and about 8ft to the right and we were waiting for the clear call on 18...this group came up on 16 and this girl stepped up and grip locked the heck out of the disc and cracked my buddy square in the back and it skipped off his back and hit his elbow...again I couldn't stop laughing....but neither could he....about 4 months later I was at the bar and sat down with one of my buddies I ran into and we got talking and this girl said she hit someone....and it turned out it was the same girl...so i had a drink with her.
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

weird stuff

Postby twmccoy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:30 pm

One day I found a beat up lightning #1 driver at the local course. I decided to give it a good rip off one of the teepads. I had never thrown this model before so I didn't know what would happen. The disc flipped bad but kept flying out to about 375' and drifted way right, into the middle of an adjacent highway and was promptly squished by a whole line of cars. I have never seen a disc flip and still fly so far to the right. Seeing that disc get crunched was pretty funny.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:44 pm

what course do you find discs at that has a highway right?

A guy in my group once griplocked a firebird so it went way right over a path, meanwhile a bum riding a bike was coming straight toward us holding a bottle in a paper bag over the handlebars. The disc realizes its a firebird and comes sweeping left right infront of the bum. It skipped off the path about 5 feet infront of him. He didn't notice until it was already past but reacted anyways. He jerked the handle bars right (the direction the disc had already traveled) and flipped over the handle bars.

The amazing thing is he spilled only a minimal amount of his beverage.

I would have felt bad but He didnt seem to mind once he noticed he didnt loose his boose. Of course I had to remind the guy throwing that throwing when theres people in range is a good way to get a course yanked. Oh well, ive only been playing a year and this is my best story yet, hope to hear some more!
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:57 am

I'm sure you guys have seen people using baskets as trash cans, so I'll skip those stories.

One of the holes at a local part is uphill with a pavillion for parties on the other side. When it came my turn to throw, there was a lady bent over right in line of sight of the basket. I threw right at her and hit the chains.

So on the next time through, everyone was thinking maybe I could get it to stay in the chains this time. I told them that I didn't have the ladies butt to aim at, so the saying of the day became, "visualize the ass..."
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby krusen » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:47 am

If you're familiar with the course in Ft. Collins, CO, you know that the teepad on #7 is elevated about 6". A buddy of mine fell of the edge and landed on the ground in a pile. I didn't start laughing until I figured out he was OK.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

disc

Postby twmccoy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:36 pm

[quote="Thatdirtykid"]what course do you find discs at that has a highway right?

It was at Lighthouse. I pulled it out of the boatyard. I threw it off hole 2.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Smyith » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:24 pm

my friend for some reason i dont remember decided to piss in a bottle at the teepad of a hole. at the end of the hole, he was still carrying it ???????, he threw at the basket and it hit it and blew up and covered my other buddy in his piss!!!!!!!! so the friend covered in piss started chasing the other throwing doscs at him screaming and yelling. o man i hurt from laughing so hard.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Smyith wrote:my friend for some reason i dont remember decided to piss in a bottle at the teepad of a hole. at the end of the hole, he was still carrying it ???????, he threw at the basket and it hit it and blew up and covered my other buddy in his piss!!!!!!!! so the friend covered in piss started chasing the other throwing doscs at him screaming and yelling. o man i hurt from laughing so hard.

that's funny wherever that happens!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm

twmccoy wrote:
Thatdirtykid wrote:what course do you find discs at that has a highway right?

It was at Lighthouse. I pulled it out of the boatyard. I threw it off hole 2.

Wow that thing must have really carried thats a long way there.

krusen wrote:If you're familiar with the course in Ft. Collins, CO, you know that the teepad on #7 is elevated about 6". A buddy of mine fell of the edge and landed on the ground in a pile. I didn't start laughing until I figured out he was OK.

I have to admit to tripping on that tee before, but I must be lucky, I didnt land in any poo...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby krusen » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:16 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:I have to admit to tripping on that tee before, but I must be lucky, I didnt land in any poo...

Sorry, not quite that funny of a story. By landing in a pile, I mean he totally fell flat on his ass and was sprawled out on the ground.

I went golfing with Blake too one morning looking for a little coaching, and witnessed him slip on wet grass while throwing a steep hyzer at Kaposia......Sorry Blake. :oops:

Last time I fell on my ass was probably last March on a nice warm day when I could't wait for the snow/ice any longer. Nobody was around to see that one, so I laughed at myself.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Return to General Discussion