David Feldberg putting clinic

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: David Feldberg putting clinic

Postby plastic_fondler » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 pm

this was footage from a clinic Dave gave at Burl's new disc shop down in San Jo.
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby JHern » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

plastic_fondler wrote:this was footage from a clinic Dave gave at Burl's new disc shop down in San Jo.

It looks like Parque de la Raza to me. I've played there, and I even spent about 1/2 hour practice putting at that very same spot on the video.

So, where is the disc store? Who is Burl?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Star Shark » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:26 am

Burl would be Carrie Berlogar. One of the higher end pros on the women's side of things.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby tito » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 am

so where can we watch it now?
yeti pro aviar / z drone / z predator / esp meteor / DGR PD / s destroyer / nuke os
tito
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Predator roar!

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Okay, I have been practicing this a lot and I am starting to get the hang of it a little. I know blake has been preaching putting like this forever but watching the videos really helped me actually understand what I was supposed to be doing. I have had the greatest success with hard, beaded putters, same as what blake has been saying for years.

When I am putting correctly, I have entirely eliminated missing left or right which is great. Here are the problems I am having though for when I am not putting correctly. I miss right when I putt with my thumb and index finger instead of pushing it. I miss low when I putt nose down. I miss high when I release late. I think this will all work itself out with more practice, but I am already having decent results. Putting has always been an issue for me so if I can work this out, I could see myself playing open by the end of the year. I am super excited to have something to work towards again.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby zj1002 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm

the hardest thing with this for me has been the grip. I have had problems finding one that is the most comfortable and with the best results. If i put to many fingers on the rim the disc will flutter with no life and/or sometimes spit wide right. I seem to get the best control when my pinky is just barely touching the rim and my index isn't quite curled under all the way. my other fingers fan out underneath the disc for more control. I will fan all my fingers on the bottom of the flight plate(minus index, that don't change ever) if I need the disc to go high over something then drop out immediately. I was actually able to do this last time I played, it was pretty amazing when I pulled it off
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby dgdave » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Any way to view these? Its telling me they are private
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby colombo117 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

I think Innova pulled them, we will have to buy the DVD.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby keltik » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:43 pm

any word on a release date for said DVD or will we have to wait for it like the fundamentals DVD? or will these be part of the sequel to fundamentals?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 pm

What would cause me to putt more nose down when I am outside than when I am in my basement?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby Pat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 pm

rusch_bag wrote:What would cause me to putt more nose down when I am outside than when I am in my basement?

im guessing you have a lower ceiling inside, and your trying to throw more of a line drive.

outside you try to loft it more, meaning you think you have it throw it a bit nose down to fall.
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Monocacy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:53 pm

rusch_bag wrote:What would cause me to putt more nose down when I am outside than when I am in my basement?

Another possibility is that you are putting nose down inside and outside, but the wind outside knocks down any nose-down putts. Ask me how I know this. :roll:
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Monocacy wrote:

Another possibility is that you are putting nose down inside and outside, but the wind outside knocks down any nose-down putts. Ask me how I know this. :roll:

I think that this was the case. It just feels so weird to me to do anything nose up when I have been trying to throw everything else nose down now for so long. Just need to get some muscle memory going.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby majorsick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm

I don't understand this putting style. Why would you erase all muscle memory for a style you can only use when there isn't any wind and when you're inside the circle? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this just feels awful to me. It wobbles like hell and I can't get any consistency.

Anyone else having similar experiences?
majorsick
Noob

Postby MR. WICK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm

majorsick wrote:I don't understand this putting style. Why would you erase all muscle memory for a style you can only use when there isn't any wind and when you're inside the circle? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this just feels awful to me. It wobbles like hell and I can't get any consistency.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

It's not going to be a quick fix to all your bad habbits, practice, practice, practice. Or maybe you are a spin putter, and there isn't anything wrong with that. My style is kind of a hybrid of both or the putting styles he discusses am I going to completely change that...no but I will use some of these points to help me out.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

PreviousNext

Return to Technique