Vinyl Stencil

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Vinyl Stencil

Postby ChUcK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:55 am

Roy, I don't need to drink spoiled milk to know that I don't want any.

ChUcK wrote:If you want to keep calling me names like a child, that's fine. I'll simply continue to fill your thread with the ways that your stencil sale is not what it seems.

Thommie wrote:eeyore

Third point: This thread is an advertisement. The spokesperson for this advertisement, when challenged to defend his offering, finds the best plan of action is to act like a child who has been caught lying.

I hope you aren't a salesman in real life, your commission would be less than satisfactory. I don't understand what you do not intend to take away from acid- it seems to me that the very least you could take away is some tips, techniques, and social skills.

This is the people's forum- not mine, not yours. Also, there's a section dedicated to For Sale items, why don't you try selling your vinyl there? As far as I know, this part is for showing off, not selling.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby Thommie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:05 am

showing off for whom?

i shouldn't have to defend what im selling because you don't like it. because you don't like it. means you should look at the thread think to yourself, "oh man i would never stoop to the level of buying vinyl of which i am unsure the quality especially from a person i do not know.." and that's that nothing more.. don't post your b.s. on how you shouldn;t buy from me and you should buy from them.. how i should do this and not that.. i take all the suggestions that anyone has even given me.. as long as it was given in the right manner. of which you did not.

IMO..( i just learned what that means...see i listen)
You rain on everyones parade. that's where the eeyore comment came from.

and as for making sure no one buys from me, ive had more people pm now that you started "Raining" so i'd like to thank you.
i've hit the chains 16 times on a teeshot. Ask me how many aces i have.
Thommie
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Elite-Z buzz

Postby ChUcK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Thommie wrote:showing off for whom?

Showing off for all the disc golfers who frequent the Disc Artwork pages that have grown from a single thread (Acid's YAY!!! monster) to an awesome collection of dyes that we all love to drool at.

Thommie wrote:i shouldn't have to defend what im selling because you don't like it. because you don't like it.

Why would you have to defend yourself to anybody? Are you not your own man?

Thommie wrote:means you should look at the thread think to yourself, "oh man i would never stoop to the level of buying vinyl of which i am unsure the quality especially from a person i do not know.." and that's that nothing more.. don't post your b.s. on how you shouldn;t buy from me and you should buy from them..

I haven't endorsed anybody else... why would I do that? You have someone else's posts confused with mine.

Thommie wrote:how i should do this and not that.. i take all the suggestions that anyone has even given me.. as long as it was given in the right manner. of which you did not.

If I have unpacked your broken English correctly, you're trying to say that I didn't phrase my suggestions in a way that coddled you? I gave two points of advice, 1) to upsize the piece of vinyl if possible and 2) to watch out for George Lucas. How should I have phrased my advice? Written on the back of a 6-dollar check for a single piece of suspect vinyl? I bet you would have paid attention to that.

Thommie wrote:and as for making sure no one buys from me, ive had more people pm now that you started "Raining" so i'd like to thank you.

Meh- you're just experiencing the initial flood of inquiries. Your stencil sale will reach an appropriate equilibrium in due course. Anyways, the readers of the forum like some drama, and I'm sure we have drawn quite a bit of attention to this thread, with your childish arguments and my logical attacks. Well, be sure to keep us updated on your business.

Last note- I do implore you to move your advertisement to the Buy/Sell/Trade section... I think these pages should remain free of that type of post. I support dyeing and selling, but it's nice to have a museum to browse instead of Dye Wall St.- "Buy! Buy! Sell! Sell!" That makes these pages a drag.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thommie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Thommie wrote:like i said guys, just trying to help. if 9x9 is to small ill do 12x12 for ya :-)
Thommie

Postby Thommie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:17 pm

me sory me no good english.. me lift waits no reed buks...buuks..

you knew what i meant, rain. so relax!

let's all end with copyright infringement!!! here's mine.

Walter Sobchak: I'm saying, I see what you're getting at, Dude, he kept the money. My point is, here we are, it's shabbas, the sabbath, which I'm allowed to break only if it's a matter of life or death...
The Dude: Will you come off it, Walter? You're not even fucking Jewish, man.
Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talkin' about?
The Dude: Man, you're fucking Polish Catholic...
Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? I converted when I married Cynthia! Come on, Dude!
The Dude: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...
Walter Sobchak: And you know this!
The Dude: Yeah, and five fucking years ago you were divorced.
Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?
The Dude: It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man. Taking care of her fucking dog. Going to her fucking synagogue. You're living in the fucking past.
Walter Sobchak: Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax...
[shouting]
Walter Sobchak: You're goddamn right I'm living in the fucking past!
Thommie

Postby ChUcK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 pm

I see your clever signature, and I'll explain it to you. Despite the fact that it does not explicitly contain any name-calling, I still consider it childish enough to warrant one last attack.

Your first post on DGR was a misplaced advertisement. That tells me that you are here without our best interests in mind. You are not trying to "help out your fellow disc golfers". You are spamming the forum with business deals.

Besides, you have mistaken my dislike for your tactics as a dislike of you personally. I have no idea who you are, I just know that it doesn't matter.
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thommie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 pm

im glad that you saw it. moving on.

"you couldn't be more wrong." adding to my list of copyright violations, i quoted Ross/Russ from 'friends.' And claimed it as my own.

i saw the buytrade forum and just assumed this would be a better spot for it. sorry duder, if i offended you with my massive spam attack on your DGR website.
Thommie

Postby Roy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm not sure what's going on here... At first I thought you two knew each other in the real world....

I dont see anything wrong with Thommie offering to sell vinyl cut on a plotter for a fee? I see two people posted that were happy with the service Thommie provided. I see one person who is not happy even though I dont think he ever dealt with with Thommie.

Then there's a two page pissing contest.

Anywho, carry on
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Thommie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:44 pm

that's where the raining on parade comments came in..suming it up by saying eeyore..hoping everyone understood what i meant without actually saying so... i feel the way you do Roy.

p.s. he started it :-)
Thommie

Postby spitfire » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Roy, I know Thommie personally and his work is top notch. I'm also not a person to give a good review just because I know the dude. If his services was junk I would not refer him to people on here. I typically prefer doing all hand cut but there were a few disc that I wanted to do that would have taken a long time to do by hand so he made some stencils for me and they worked out great.

Roy wrote:ChUck, you're saying Thommies ripping people off, but you've never tried what he is selling? It seems like spitfires reviews were positive.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby SkaBob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

My...hasn't this turned into a delightful mess!

At any rate, on the subject of whether this thread belongs in this forum.

I think this is a better place than the B/S/T forum. I don't check there, and I'm interested in finding someone to cut some dye stencils for some upcoming events I'm putting on in quantities that the amount of free time my career offers me doesn't allow me. I would never have seen this thread if it was in B/S/T and would've probably skipped on the dyes in the immediate term because of that.

At any rate, he specifically stated which vinyl he uses... Is that the "cheap" stuff, or is it good stuff? That was one point someone missed in the mud slinging...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Thommie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:46 am

Let's ask Chuck.

Chuck is this vinyl i use cheap stuff or decent stuff?
Thommie

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

651 is what I use for the vinyl stickers I make. It's an intermediate 6 year uv protected vinyl. Good for car decals and stuff. That's mainly what I use for all my vinyl work. For dyes I use 631. It's their economy vinyl. It's made for short term graphics and has a very low tachiness to it. I use it because it's really
easy to clean up without messing with the dye.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby SkaBob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:57 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:it's really easy to clean up without messing with the dye.

What can mess up the dye by the time you're peeling the vinyl off? Is it that the dye isn't fully set yet, and that cleaning up the residue can cause you to smear it?
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 pm

It's not the vinyl residue itself that ruins it, it's the fact that you have to use chemicals to remove the sticky stuff that kind of starts to mess with the dye. You won't pull all the dye off the disc, but you will sometimes smear the dye onto other parts of the disc. Imagine cleaning a fresh dye job with straight acetone. It's gonna pull the dye off a bit and mix colors and crap.

Using the weaker economy vinyl let's me use a mild chemical to clean the residue off just minutes after pulling a dye out of the pan. I don't have to sit and wait for it to set
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Artwork