total gym models

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: total gym models

Postby Claytoon » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 pm

So I picked up a 1700 club today for $200. A little more than I wanted to pay, but I got tired of waiting for a deal on Craigslist in my area, AND it is basically brand new. Most of the accessories were still in the packaging. Basically, it was a very sad story...involving the death of the original owner's husband :(, but I learned everything from the seller...
But it came with the wing accessory, dip bars, push bars, leg straps (prob won't use, maybe for stretching), and pilates toe bar, which works fine for me for squats, since I only weigh 150.
This thing is fun! and I have it setup in front of my TV, so that will definitely keep me motivated. I can plan my workouts around my tv watchin' time! The ONLY thing I was surprised about was the size. I was oringinally going to put it in my "man-cave", but wouldn't fit, so I am going to have to keep it down stairs, and slide it under the couch. Doesn't fit under the couch completely, but I just read in the manual that the glide board can be removed, so I'll have to do that everytime. Figure after just a few times I should be able to knock out the setup/takedown in about 2 minutes.
Bonus, my awesome little dog apparently doesn't want to be left out, so whenever I'm doing workouts where I'm laying down, he jumps up on my stomach or back and rides along... :lol:
Claytoon
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Postby Blake_T » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 am

cool. glad you are enjoying it.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby jnecessary » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 am

Anyone still getting good use out of the TotalGym? My wife and I are looking to buy one and there are a few XLS models around on cragslist. A new one for $500, but I don't want to pay that much even if it cost $1200 or more. Maybe a hundred or more less.

I'm kind of a sucker for trying to get the best of whatever possible within my means so is $400 for a basically new XLS a good deal?
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby robertz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 am

marnie1 wrote:
mark12b wrote:what are the pros/cons of the different total gym models? looking at craigslist, i'm seeing these models: 1000, 1500, 2400, XL, XLS, Platinum, "no model number"...

I will try to look also in craiglist.

I saw it in craiglist.. and I like all the items there..

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:52 am

WTF is going on? Are those tricky bots or real people?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Previous

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury