Ipod and Ipod cases

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ipod and Ipod cases

Postby nohr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 am

I was wondering if we could start a conversation on what ipods people are rocking on the course. Recently I have been carrying a ipod touch on the course with me. Everything works out well right now because I am wearing a jacket with a high left breast pocket. I came to the realization today that this jacket is heavy and for most of the summer I will not be wearing it.

I guess specifically can anyone recommend a case for an Ipod touch? I am leaning toward an arm band case.
nohr
Tree Magnet

Re: Ipod and Ipod cases

Postby Solty » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 pm

nohr wrote:I was wondering if we could start a conversation on what ipods people are rocking on the course. Recently I have been carrying a ipod touch on the course with me. Everything works out well right now because I am wearing a jacket with a high left breast pocket. I came to the realization today that this jacket is heavy and for most of the summer I will not be wearing it.

I guess specifically can anyone recommend a case for an Ipod touch? I am leaning toward an arm band case.

otterbox...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Eric O » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:19 am

Doesn't the Otter Box guy post here? My brother is a contractor and he got an otter box defender series for his iPhone, which he abuses daily. He loves it.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby nohr » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Those look nice. I am leaning more toward just keep it in my pocket and snake the ear buds up through my shirt. I guess I am weird I don't care about protection I care about comfort.
nohr
Tree Magnet

Postby Mason65 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 pm

nohr wrote:I don't care about protection I care about comfort.

Thats what she said?
Destroyer*XXX*Eagle*Roc*Ion

Golden Retrieved: 18
Mason65
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The pink one

Postby nohr » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:30 pm

lol I guess those are good words to live by
nohr
Tree Magnet

Postby Mason65 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:39 pm

To add a constructive comment:

No, I don't carry an Ipod at this moment. I feel like earbuds would throw off my game, and make me oblivious to potential incoming objects. Depending on my next bag I may do a speaker install though, that would be schweet.
Destroyer*XXX*Eagle*Roc*Ion

Golden Retrieved: 18
Mason65
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The pink one

Postby zj1002 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

yeah I have been curious about this same topic. I have an armband but I have to get creative with the cord to avoid it flying around while I throw. Been thinking about buying a belt clip and finding some comfortable ear buds that also wrap around each ear. I see a lot more players using them, but I was curious what kind of attachments they were using for disc golf to keep the ipod on the body.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

When I bring mine out, I just keep it in my pocket and run the wires up under my shirt. For protection, I just use a cheapo case I found on ebay for a few bucks...it makes my player like twice as thick as it'd normally be, but judging by all the scratches, it's done its job well.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby nohr » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:08 am

After getting my first iPod stolen 5 years ago I finally got a replacement. I love having music with my on the course. It helps keep me in a calm mood and allows me to focus. The added benefit is you don't have to listen to someone if you don't want to. Last 2 ice bowls I played in it really helped. For casual rounds I keep my ear buds in but turn the volume almost all the way down. So I can still hear my buddies and talk to them. First round playing with ear buds in wasn't to bad (maybe it helped that it was tourist park). The only time it felt weird was when I had my ear buds dangling on my chest and not in my ears.

Does the arm band stay put well?
nohr
Tree Magnet

Postby Greatzky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 am

i'd go with an armband case. If you live near a Five Below you can get them for $5.
-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf Apparel
http://hyzerflip.com
Greatzky
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear