Mah Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Timko's Bag

Postby zj1002 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:14 pm

have you thrown the new mold CD yet or will that be your first one? I like the s-cd a lot more than the p-cd. The p-cd was like a pro valk, it lasted 3 weeks before it became unreliable(not that I am all that accurate anyways). hope you like it!
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby BLURR » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Sorry...can't. I am riding down to Columbia with CP. How are the snow levels out at Wyco?
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Timko » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 pm

The snow should be gone by this weekend. There's maybe 3 inches out there, and it's going to be over freezing and sunny the next 4 days.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Timko » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 pm

zj1002 wrote:have you thrown the new mold CD yet or will that be your first one? I like the s-cd a lot more than the p-cd. The p-cd was like a pro valk, it lasted 3 weeks before it became unreliable(not that I am all that accurate anyways). hope you like it!

No, I haven't thrown them. I actually want something that's flippy, so the P sounds like that I'm after. The PD is remarkably stable even when beat up.

Rick had some down at DGW, and they things feel amazing in the hand. The new top makes them so much easier to grip.
Timko

Re: The Other Chris' Bag

Postby Timko » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 am

What I'm playing with this weekend. Kan-U-WyCo, I know BLURR will be there...anyone else?

2x putting Wizards (168g Medium)
2x driving Wizards (175g, Medium)

1x approach Roc (168g, dx)
3x driving Rocs (177g+, dx)
1x XXX (176g, Opto)

1x CD (175g, P)
4x PD (170g+, 2 P, 1 S, 1 C)

1x Halo (173g, Opto)
1x Nuke (171g, ESP)
Timko

Postby victorb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm

You should come up and play the LSDiscs C-Tier in Columbia on Saturday!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 pm

I thought about it, but I think I'm playing doubles at WyCo Saturday.

I know a lot of the Iowa folk coming to WyCo on Sunday are going to be in Columbia the day before.
Timko

Postby BLURR » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 pm

I will be in Columbia on Saturday and KC on Sunday.

I like the setup you have there Chris...other than the roc's :wink:

See ya'll in a few days.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Timko » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:05 pm

BLURR wrote:I will be in Columbia on Saturday and KC on Sunday.

I like the setup you have there Chris...other than the roc's :wink:

See ya'll in a few days.

Those Rocs won't get a lot of work at WyCo unless I get in trouble. I can think of a few holes where, if I really crush it, I can throw a mid for a 2nd shot, but I'll be dialing down the PD and throwing it low (to keep it out of the wind) for most of my approaches approaches on Sunday.
Timko

Postby Timko » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Joe, I never ran into you :(. I was the short guy with a Burgendey GB backpack. Oh well, perhaps I'll try to make it to Iowa for an event this year.

Here's what I found myself throwing today at WyCo in 15-20mph NW wind (which is a headwind on a whole lot of holes):

Putting Wizards - Obviously, thrown a whole lot. I only missed 3 putts inside of 20', and that was towards the end of the 2nd round when I lost my concentration for a bit.

Driving Wizards - None of the holes are reachable with a midrange. I used the new Wizard quite a bit for approaches into headwinds (in the 150' range).

Rocs - Only a couple of holes are reachable with Mids for me, and I opted for drivers because of the wind for most cases. I didn't use my beat up Roc much; the new one really shined for approaches where I had too low of a ceiling to throw a putter.

XXX - One thumber (didn't work out), and 2 short windy approaches. I bombed the 2nd approach shot well past the basket; I can tell this thing is straightening out, so I need to put some hyzer on it to control the distance.

CD - One tee shot on a tight, slow turning line (not the best golf move in retrospect, because I didn't get it far enough to have a legit shot at a deuce). I didn't find myself throwing this much, but I didn't have a lot of 300' shots I needed to shape on the course.

PD - The Champ got a lot of use. It flew like the wind wasn't there unless I opened the wing up to the wind. My beat PD is light (169g) and find it gets tossed around too much in the wind for most shots. I ended up using my broken in P PD quite a bit for straight shots and shots where I needed the wind to push an anhyzer.

Halo - I threw this on 1 hole both rounds (a 350' hyzer shot) and had it slip out early both rounds. Maybe I need to give it some more time (I had a great shot with it on the same hole during doubles the day before), but me and the Halo aren't really jelling (sorry Discpseed).

Nuke - I threw this more than anything sans my putters today. I need to get more familar with it because I had some bad pulls to the right into winds (which is no bueno with this disc), but I hit 70% of my drives with this disc pretty well. I'm taking my disc winnings (5th place) and buying some more of these. I think I can get comfortable enough with this guy to be able to work it all over the place.

-

I picked up a Pro Katana with my winnings from doubles. The guy who won Advanced was using this thing as his max D driver, and I was amazed at how this thing straight bombed. He had a 450' uphill shot with a wind off the left and unleashed this thing on a massive anhyzer that landed 35' shot. It never tried to get to the LS section of it's flight; it held the turn, the flew straight at the end of it's flight. I ended up picking up a red one (the plastic feels pretty nice), so I'll mess around with it for a while.
Timko

Postby discspeed » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Timko wrote:Halo - I threw this on 1 hole both rounds (a 350' hyzer shot) and had it slip out early both rounds. Maybe I need to give it some more time (I had a great shot with it on the same hole during doubles the day before), but me and the Halo aren't really jelling (sorry Discpseed).

Nuke - I threw this more than anything sans my putters today. I need to get more familar with it because I had some bad pulls to the right into winds (which is no bueno with this disc), but I hit 70% of my drives with this disc pretty well. I'm taking my disc winnings (5th place) and buying some more of these. I think I can get comfortable enough with this guy to be able to work it all over the place.

I'm right with you there. I do think the Halo is a great disc, and to be honest if I had a little more power it would probably still be my #1, but because I can throw the Nuke as far with 10% less effort, and I can use my C-PD for wind hyzers, the Halo is exiting my bag.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Timko » Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 am

Early Summer Bag:

2x 168g Medium Wizards
2x 175g Medium Wizards (1 broken in, 1 beat)
2x 180g dx Rocs (1 broken in, 1 beat)
1x 175g Opto XXX
2x 172g+ P PDs (1 new DGR, 1 beat)
1x 175g DGR S PD
1x 171g ESP Nuke

That's it! In my bigger bag, I've got a C-PD, another new ESP Nuke, and a couple more dx Rocs.
Timko

Postby Timko » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:39 am

1x 168g Medium Wizards (very nice 1st tooling medium I got from a buddy)
2x 175g Medium Wizards (1 broken in, 1 beat)
3x 180g dx Rocs (1 new, 1 broken in, 1 beat)
1x 175g Opto XXX
2x 172g+ P PDs (1 new DGR, 1 beat)
1x 175g DGR S PD
1x 171g ESP Nuke

I threw my broken in Nuke in the drink, and put a new one in my bag. It STILL bombs.
Timko

Postby discspeed » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I was bored and going through some old stuff. Check this out:

Postby Timko » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:02 pm
Drivers:
170 Star Teebird (in the process of becomming my main driver)
173 Proline Firebird (Hyzer, headwind, skipshot, thumber, flex-shot, forehand roller)
172 Champ Roadrunner (Tunnel, Right Turn)
173 Star Wraith (S-Shot, Max D, because I can't throw a teebird 350+ yet)

Mids:
180 E ElementX (Sweeping Annies, some flex shots, hyzers)
183 E Element (Straight and accurate when distance isn't important, thrown hard for right turns)

Putters:
170 E Wizard (Driving and long hyzer approaches)
172 SS Wizard (Pretty beat. Not a lot of use right now, but gets some approach work when it's dusty or muddy)
175 S Wizard (Main Putter)

Also in the bag:
171 CFR SL (Used to throw all sidearm, and this was my main driver for that)
168 Champ Orc (Also a sidearm disc, used for cool flex shots and such)
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Timko » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:16 am

Wow, that's back when 80% of my drives were sidearm. I was just beginning to experiment with backhand over 300'.

It's also when I was totally obsessed with Gateway midranges. That would have been 1 year after I started grad school at Iowa. Rocs didn't make it back into my bag until the 2008 Ice Bowl when I was super frustrated with the consistency of the Element.

However, look how the butter hasn't changed. I lost that SS a couple of years ago. The E Wizard is still in my stack somewhere (it's got an ace on it). I'm pretty sure that S Wizard was an old flying G that was lost last year sometime.

Also, I had no idea how to throw a thumber or forehand roller in 2006.
Timko

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion