Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 am

8)
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Re: David Feldberg putting clinic

Postby sharkthrower » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:17 pm

I've read many stories about the kind of person Feldberg is on the course or during a tourney, and quite frankly, I could care less. He is one of 3 people (Ellis and Blake being the other 2) that excel at explaining what is going on in discgolf motions.
sharkthrower
Tree Magnet

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:04 pm

I get the feeling we as DGR should take the stance of not to promote the theft of video content in any shape form or fashion. That said, this is a fantastic video and I don't believe there are any legal ramifications of educating people on how to download uncopyrighted video content on the web.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby T-Bird » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:22 pm

There does not appear to be any copyright restrictions on this video. Yet.
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah
T-Bird
Noob

Favorite Disc: Total Deucebag

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:39 pm

T-Bird wrote:There does not appear to be any copyright restrictions on this video. Yet.

Right, but if there's one thing i've learned in industry its: cover your ass.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Monocacy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Rather than fighting the snow, I decided to set up an outdoor practice target and work on my putting. I was hitting a pretty decent percentage out to 27’ with 168 SS Magics, and even my misses were close out to 36’. With a bit more work, I have reasonable hopes of becoming a solidly mediocre putter by spring. :wink:

Here is the practice target. Anything between the plastic bag and top of the shovel handle counted as good. I hope that working with a target like this will make a real basket look huge.

Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby j_mardis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Looks like the vid was taken off the site.

J
j_mardis
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Flat top Roc BABY!

Postby FierceTable » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 pm

j_mardis wrote:Looks like the vid was taken off the site.

J

read the rest of the thread...it was reposted on page 5

http://www.svdgc.org/forums/index.php?s ... &#entry232

and now on page 6 ;)
FierceTable
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Timko » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Sweet find! I'll be taking a look at this whole thing soon.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Aubin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm

true story:

I watched this whole thing twice, and took in every little piece of information and tried it all out. I broke my putting down to each motion, tore it down and started over. Mind you, I was a pretty decent putter before this video, 10 for 10 from about 20-22ft no problem.

Watching this video made me miss everything, even 10 footers. I dunno why... it just completely ruined my putting stroke and confidence. I know it works, and pitch putting is tough to learn and switch to, but gawdammit did this screw up my putting. I gave it a LOT of patience and effort, but it just wasn't for me. i had to throw THOUSANDS of putts in the basement over the past two weeks to get back to 'normal.'

My putt stroke is sorta like a pitch putt anyway, so i think i was just over-analyzing it and basically noonan'd myself on every putt. one cool thing I did take away was hyper-extending the front knee, that added a few more feet to my normal putt and should help getting me out to 40' without jumping.
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

Postby Parks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:35 pm

I've actually been working on this, and it seems to be helping me. My main putt was a pitch putt before, but it lacked some of the things that Dave showed that dramatically increase accuracy.

I may be just lucky though, because I think I've got a good feel for the finger spring/palm ejection thing that Blake talks about. I just need to practice it.

I still can't spin putt for crap, though. I need a video on that :D
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bbwrenn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 pm

sharkthrower wrote:I've read many stories about the kind of person Feldberg is on the course or during a tourney, and quite frankly, I could care less. He is one of 3 people (Ellis and Blake being the other 2) that excel at explaining what is going on in discgolf motions.

This.

Feldberg can definitely teach and this video has started to help improve my putting already, having just watched it last week.
I play 883 rated golf.
bbwrenn
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby j_mardis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Fierce, from what I can tell it has been taken off of the SVDCG site too. If you have the link or I am doing something wrong please let me know.

Jordan
j_mardis
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Flat top Roc BABY!

Postby tumpsi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 am

Aubin wrote:true story:

I watched this whole thing twice, and took in every little piece of information and tried it all out. I broke my putting down to each motion, tore it down and started over. Mind you, I was a pretty decent putter before this video, 10 for 10 from about 20-22ft no problem.

Watching this video made me miss everything, even 10 footers. I dunno why... it just completely ruined my putting stroke and confidence. I know it works, and pitch putting is tough to learn and switch to, but gawdammit did this screw up my putting. I gave it a LOT of patience and effort, but it just wasn't for me. i had to throw THOUSANDS of putts in the basement over the past two weeks to get back to 'normal.'

My putt stroke is sorta like a pitch putt anyway, so i think i was just over-analyzing it and basically noonan'd myself on every putt. one cool thing I did take away was hyper-extending the front knee, that added a few more feet to my normal putt and should help getting me out to 40' without jumping.

OH NOES LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby FierceTable » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:35 pm

j_mardis wrote:Fierce, from what I can tell it has been taken off of the SVDCG site too. If you have the link or I am doing something wrong please let me know.

Jordan

I don't know what to tell you. When I go to the link I provided the video works fine for me. It can't possibly be in my cache, so I have to assume it's still on that site. Is anyone else having problems viewing it at this point?

As a tip for the future, if you ever find a video you like on the internet you should download it. I used to have a folder of nothing but links to videos I liked...now so many of those links are broken or the videos have been removed my links are useless. I realize this doesn't help you in this case, but just an easy thing to keep in mind for the future.
FierceTable
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Technique