Discspeed's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discspeed's Bag

Postby Lloyba » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 am

sorry if this has been asked before, but in your opinion is there alot of differences between FR stalkers and regular production Z stalkers? Just curious to know if one is more stable out of the box than the other.

cheers
Lloyba
Noob

Postby discspeed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 am

Lloyba wrote:sorry if this has been asked before, but in your opinion is there alot of differences between FR stalkers and regular production Z stalkers? Just curious to know if one is more stable out of the box than the other.

cheers

I haven't noticed a big difference. If anything, the post FRs seem a little domier in general. Imo, this makes them a little straighter--more HSS, less LSS. The flatter ones from the FR seem to flip flat and fade a little more. I have thrown a lot more FRs than non-FRs.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby discspeed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 pm

174 red SS Organic Voodoo--This has become my main putter. I love the feel of these.
175 M (rubbery blend) Voodoo--windy putting
174 green Ion--All putter driving duties

177 ESP Meteor--beat for turnovers and rollers
176 X Buzzz--straight or slight turnover shots
178 Glo Z Buzzz--Stable shots

174 FR Z Stalker--seasoned and versatile for all kinds of shots...Lost HSS, but retains LSS
171 Glo Stalker--Flips a bit and holds...Very versatile
175 XXX--overstable utility, wind, thumbers

174 P-PD--seasoned--flips a bit then holds any line
175 S-PD--primary hyzer driver, flex shots
175 C-PD--Overstable driver
174 Opto Halo--Broken in, versatile distance driver
174 Opto Halo--New, more overstable
174 ESP Nuke (production)--pure, unadulterated D
discspeed

Postby Danforth » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 pm

What.....?

No Boss? :D
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby discspeed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Danforth wrote:What.....?

No Boss? :D

My goal in 2010 has been to be my own Boss...
discspeed

Postby discspeed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm doing a little experiment to see how I do without my Stalkers to try and use my PDs more. We'll see how long I can go without them (I could only go 3 days without the Buzzz).

174 red SS Organic Voodoo--This has become my main putter. I love the feel of these.
175 M (rubbery blend) Voodoo--windy putting
174 green Ion--All putter driving duties

177 ESP Meteor--beat for turnovers and rollers
176 X Buzzz--straight or slight turnover shots
178 Glo Z Buzzz--Stable shots
175 XXX--overstable utility, wind, thumbers

174 P-PD--seasoned--flips a bit then holds any line
175 S-PD--primary hyzer driver, flex shots
175 C-PD--Overstable driver

174 Opto Halo--Broken in, versatile distance driver
174 Opto Halo--New, more overstable

Lost my first Nuke, I'll probably grab another one to keep testing them.
discspeed

Postby Danforth » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:46 am

If you get tempted to put your Stalkers back in, do you think Cyclones can do the same job?
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby discspeed » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:57 am

Danforth wrote:If you get tempted to put your Stalkers back in, do you think Cyclones can do the same job?

Yeah, more or less. However, they are slower and more S curvish...So they would probably overlap with my Buzzz even more range-wise.
discspeed

Postby uNicedmeMan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:58 am

Let us know how the stalkerless bag goes, I think I'm going to give that a try as well for a bit. I will still have to carry a beat up SE leopard for crazy hyzerflip stuff until I get a p-pd super trashed.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby JimW » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:23 pm

My bet is it not working out for very long, two weeks tops 8) You're going to miss the ease with which you can hit certain lines and distances with the Stalker even if you think now that the PD or Buzzz will cover them for you. The speed gap is going to bother you at some point, especially if you have a couple bad rounds and aren't hitting the shots you want at that range.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby discspeed » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:25 pm

JimW wrote:My bet is it not working out for very long, two weeks tops 8) You're going to miss the ease with which you can hit certain lines and distances with the Stalker even if you think now that the PD or Buzzz will cover them for you. The speed gap is going to bother you at some point, especially if you have a couple bad rounds and aren't hitting the shots you want at that range.

We'll see. The PD worked well alone today.
discspeed

Postby discspeed » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Here's my first bag post ever...April 10, 2004 on PDGA.com.

So far this year I have been sticking to a minimalist philosophy of carrying a few molds that serve a multitude of functions across different conditions. So far these few discs have been all I've needed in sun, rain, wind, and snow.

2-173g medium-stiffness wizards (this is a super-stable putter that doubles as a short midrange from about 250' and in. I have two basically for practicing my missed shots)

1-173g (although marked 174g) champion panther (fast, understable, medium to long midrange. I use it for medium range anhyzers as well as shorter, trick shots out of the rough as it will hold a TIGHT anhyzer to the ground)

1-176g X-Wasp (Fast, overstable at low speeds, stable at high speeds, long-range midrange. This is my go to midrange out in the open for straight and hyzer lines)

1-176g (although marked 175) Z-Buzz (Very fast, stable, long-range midrange. I'm not sure this disc is different enough from the X-Wasp to justify itself, but I like to keep the wasp overstable so this is my go to midrange in the trees. At the same weight it does not hurt my consistency with the wasp too much. It does not fly quite as far as the wasp, but is better for shots in the 250'-285' range that I want to finish straight. It is also better for anhyzer shots and I defininely prefer it as a forehand midrange. Basically it is like a broken in X-Wasp.)

3-173g (although marked 172g) Orcs (Moderately overstable distance driver. I use this disc off the tee as often as possible for relatively open shots that play 330' and beyond, or shorter hyzer all-the-way shots. I also like it for big, over-the-top hyzers that I'm not powerful enough to use a more overstable disc for. For me, 173g is a great all around weight. I have three basically for practice, although one is markedly more overstable than the others and is better in situations where extra overstability is useful.

1-173g (marked 172) Viking. (Stable, control/distance driver. I use this disc for fairways that are too tight for my Orc because I can really control the amount of high speed turn I get varying from very a very gradual with almost no fade to a full distance anhyzer)

1-173g (marked 171) CFR Glow Banshee (Fast and overstable distance driver. This is a great all around overstable driver for backhand, fore hand, and especially thumbers. It is a great disc for a windy day as it has great resistance to high speed turn while not finishing nearly as left as other overstable drivers. I use this one primarily for backhand and sky thumbers over trees.)

1-174g (marked 170g!) Champion Banshee (This disc is quite a bit more overstable than my cfr banshee and is my main thumber disc as well as my go to disc on days where the wind is just absurd. It is also a good forehand roller)
discspeed

Postby keepitfreshbrah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Im getting a c-pd soon and I was wondering, what difference you are noticing in the flights of the c-pd and the xxx when thrown backhand.
Or are you only using the xxx now for overhand/thumber shots?
wizard|fuse|wasp|gazelle|predator|pd|roadrunner
keepitfreshbrah
Noob

Favorite Disc: Gazelle

Postby Timko » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:35 pm

You can power a CD to make it fly straight then fade hard for good D. Making an XXX fly straight for any distance over 250' without torquing it down is very difficult. Hell, making it fly over 250' takes a good amount of power period.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby keepitfreshbrah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm

ok thanks, but if you power down the c-pd will its line follow that of the xxx?
wizard|fuse|wasp|gazelle|predator|pd|roadrunner
keepitfreshbrah
Noob

Favorite Disc: Gazelle

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion