who is THE dye master?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

who is THE dye master?

Postby lefty-hyzer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:03 pm

I would like some M.C. Escher artwork dyed on some plastic. Anyone think they can pull this off and have it turn out right? If you think you can, hit me up, we'll work something out. I'd like for more than 1 person to try their hand...

These are a couple of the images I'm thinking of...but am interested in having more than just these done.

This one in "3d" would be sick!

lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Re: who is THE dye master?

Postby MotoDj » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:40 pm

man, weeding that vinyl would be like playing operation on LSD

i've had my freind cut me some vinyl before, i had tried mc escher before, let me say that its a joy when your done weeding
such an extreme amount of patience,

i will say this, whomever pm's you to do this, consider they will probably have to use a new blade for the detail, expect to pay for their time weeding, i hope it turns out, and i hope the price is reasonable (man a bleed would really suck, would be awful to only have "1" disc to try this on)
it would look sharp if it got dyed with the saran wrap method

also i think i would refrain from throwing it into leaves or brush, they camoflauge easily

good luck, i'm waiting to see it done, the one i did was much simpler, i blew the image up a bit
i did this, never got a pic
and i somehow dont have the disc anymore... i dont remember losing it either... strange
was on a teebird

i seen on dgcr someone dyed something like this, but with a disc golf course in the background, i think a bag with quads was in the back with a pin some distance back... but the disc was the globe, so no hand was on it (well in the reflection it was...)
MotoDj
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: i carry 6 favorites

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 pm

I've messed with a couple of escher images before. Problem is a lot of his images are kind of grainy and it's hell when trying to translate it sometimes.
I'll try to mess with it when I get a chance.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 am

If you did find someone masochistic enough to do one of those, you'd definitely want to go for one of the simpler patterns like MotoDJ posted. Those other ones are so finely detailed that it'd be depressing to watch them blur into oblivion as the disc got older.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BennettUA » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 pm

All that detail would disappear in a couple years, if that, depending on the plastic. Limit the amount of fine lines and it's worth thinking about. I'd love to find a way to translate the glass ball drawing to a disc ;)
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star Valkyrie

Return to Disc Artwork