NATIONAL CHAMPIONS DYE

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS DYE

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Claytoon wrote:How exactly did you decide on/test that combination of colors to get the color so close? I'm gonna do a copy of this dye as a gift to my dad...so just wanted to do it right.
Oh and since I'm going to try and copy it anyways...do you still have the image you created/used? I can create it on my own, but that would save me some time.
Is that even kosher to ask that question?

http://www.ritdye.com/Create+Custom+Color.9.lasso
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Claytoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks for your input! I thought you tested the color first, didn't even think about being able to adjust it, mid-dye.
If I can get this right, my dad is gonna love this. He doesn't understand why I like dyeing discs, but once he sees this he will. He's from Alabama and has been a Tide fan since he can remember, and I'm sure it will probably get hung up on his wall in his Bama Man-cave, instead of ever actually being thrown.
Claytoon
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Postby Biggio4HOF » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Sweet dye!!!

BTW, I'm a Texas-Ex and have nothing but great things to say about Bama fans. During my 4-day stay out in SoCal, every Bama fan I met was polite, knowledgeable and basically just good people.

I would love to see them again in the future. (hopefully with a different outcome :wink: )
Biggio4HOF
Noob

Favorite Disc: San Marino Roc

Postby BennettUA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Biggio4HOF wrote:Sweet dye!!!

BTW, I'm a Texas-Ex and have nothing but great things to say about Bama fans. During my 4-day stay out in SoCal, every Bama fan I met was polite, knowledgeable and basically just good people.

I would love to see them again in the future. (hopefully with a different outcome :wink: )

Likewise Biggio! I've pretty much had no problems with ANY fanbase from the Big 12. We've been to Norman for a home-and-home, and the Cotton Bowl against Texas Tech a few years ago, and of course Texas this year. Nothing but respect, definitely quality fans all around. Were so used to the HATE between SEC schools, it's nice to actually make more friends than enemies at a game, and the Big 12 has delivered when Bama's played them. Kudos to the Texas fans!
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star Valkyrie

Postby Claytoon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Wow...really F'ed that up. I swear it had nothing to do with the mixed drinks...more to do with the 'transfer tape'. I've been using masking tape as transfer tape, and it has never caused me problems, but this time it was ripping the vinyl off everywhere. Total disaster. But it did leave the middle "A" okay, so now I removed all the other vinyl, where the Alabama Crimson Tide text was supposed to be and floated it with some makeshift handles, and now just have an Alabama "A" logo with a big ring of red around it. I just used Red with a dash of Black. From 15 feet away it looks perfect, but from 3 feet away there are a few flaws... :(
Claytoon
Noob

Postby BennettUA » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Claytoon wrote:Wow...really F'ed that up. I swear it had nothing to do with the mixed drinks...more to do with the 'transfer tape'. I've been using masking tape as transfer tape, and it has never caused me problems, but this time it was ripping the vinyl off everywhere. Total disaster. But it did leave the middle "A" okay, so now I removed all the other vinyl, where the Alabama Crimson Tide text was supposed to be and floated it with some makeshift handles, and now just have an Alabama "A" logo with a big ring of red around it. I just used Red with a dash of Black. From 15 feet away it looks perfect, but from 3 feet away there are a few flaws... :(

A picture sure would be nice :D
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby Claytoon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Doesn't compare to yours, but here we go. And it was an X out disc.
Claytoon
Noob

Postby BennettUA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Claytoon wrote:Doesn't compare to yours, but here we go. And it was an X out disc.

I'd say that's fine work Claytoon! Even if it doesn't fly right, it's still a CHAMPION!!!

RTR
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby chiggins » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:24 pm

They got a dye for the winners in the world. I want a dye when I lose.
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Previous

Return to Disc Artwork