US Amateur Nationals Qualifiers

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

US Amateur Nationals Qualifiers

Postby tigel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm

http://www.amnationals.com/qualifiers.html

Anyone going to the following? I live in the twin cities and I'm needing a ride to as many as possible this season! Let me know!
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Re: US Amateur Nationals Qualifiers

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:35 pm

You and Masterbeato need to coordinate:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16576
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Trey133 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:25 am

I'm thinking about heading up as well!
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Disc Golf Live » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 am

For those who want a look at the Toboggan, here's a clip which covers the outward nine. Many great shots along the way. A few holes in Feldberg breaks his hand on a tree but keeps on playing. Ouch. This is from a couple of years ago when the DGLO included rounds at the Toboggan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHl2KGfT48

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby tigel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Well I just registered for bowling green. Now to find a ride. lol
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby brucebrakel » Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 pm

This is the current situation with qualifying for Am Nationals this weekend at the Illiana:

The Top 20% rounding up including ties and skipping over pre-qualified players will qualify for Am Nationals. That means seven will qualify of the 33 pre-registered.

At least eleven of our 33 pre-registered players are pre-qualified. If these players finish in the top half of the field, qualifying could go as low as 12th-18th. As more players pre-register for advanced, more players will qualify and probably more pre-qualified players will be in the field.

If you've wanted to qualify for and play Am Nationals, this tournament will offer a great opportunity to qualify. There are a lot of Intermediate rated players attempting to qualify so this makes it more likely that a lower Advanced or higher Intermediate will qualify.

Only 25 spots left in the Advanced B-pool. On-line pre-reg closes Thursday night. We're taking registration at the course on Friday.
Remind me to change my signature line when the Buy One Get One Free Sale is over!
http://discontinuum.org/index.php?optio ... pic=4773.0
brucebrakel
Noob

Favorite Disc: rogue

Postby masterbeato » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:41 pm

is there anyone awesome enough that live in the detroit area that could house me, my sister, and my ma (yes i know im bringing my family cause no one else will give me a ride with them over to am nationals, and did not wanna go by myself cause im a big puss) during the am nationals event next week? we can only use credit cards to book a hotel room and we dont have those plastic things, and they are all booked anyways.

this is my last option.

or if anyone knows anything about any weird places to stay, or suggestions please let me know.

p.s. we booked a hotel room on my friends card a month ago, and they charged us for the hotel already but let other people in under our name and we called and they said "sorry, but your already checked in on the computer." now their booked and we are screwed.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby curt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm

p.s. we booked a hotel room on my friends card a month ago, and they charged us for the hotel already but let other people in under our name and we called and they said "sorry, but your already checked in on the computer." now their booked and we are screwed.

Sounds to me like you need to call back and yell at the hotel louder, and, if you haven't already, call your friend's credit card company and stop the payment. Also, if people actually went to the hotel, gave the hotel your name, and checked in under your name, and charged the thing to your [ok, your friends] credit card, a call to the local police station may be in order.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby masterbeato » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm

curt wrote:

Sounds to me like you need to call back and yell at the hotel louder, and, if you haven't already, call your friend's credit card company and stop the payment. Also, if people actually went to the hotel, gave the hotel your name, and checked in under your name, and charged the thing to your [ok, your friends] credit card, a call to the local police station may be in order.

that is what we did today. told my friend about it, and called the authorities.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby curt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:37 pm

good for you. Sorry if I went on a mini rant there. Big companies trying to take advantage of people is just one of those things that gets on my nerves.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Disc Golf Live » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 pm

From the Am Nats site:

Matt and Dawn Lacey:
Limited cheap lodging available - contact Matt or Dawn via email at lacey17429@yahoo.com or (248) 889-5364 to inquire about cheap lodging at their home.

Matt and Dawn are good peeps, give them a call. Course on-site at their home, in case you want more golf after the Toboggan. Don't know if they have space still.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Return to Tournaments