Spring Rip it, last sunday, white bear lake MN

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Spring Rip it, last sunday, white bear lake MN

Postby tigel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 am

Anyone play? Bastard beto sure did and raged everyone. What a bagger right? haha. :lol: Kidding.

I think the best part of that day was hole 18 (300 something feet, teepad on a 50+ft hill). I decided to slide down that hill on my back first round. Let's just say second round my ass was red, and bleeding. FML.

Played my best rated round though..
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Spring Rip it, last sunday, white bear lake MN

Postby tigel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 am

oh, how can i forget; Masterbeto's ultra awesome story of amazingness. He throws far.

beto wrote:warming up on hole 2 of that tourney, i threw a nuke and ended up parking hole 5's basket LMAO
and a guy was watching and said nothing until i threw my 2nd shot and parked actual hole 2's basket and the guy said "well that didnt go very far" and i said "you try throwing a kc aviar that far!" lmao
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby masterbeato » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 am

i pulled a Mike Robinson y0!

i told him i was stealing that from him but i just had to find the perfect opportunity....and low and behold....there it was!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby jamon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:50 am

I was on top card with Beto for the second round... but I choked hard and couldnt make a putt. still ended up in 4th though.

Also! Had couple heart thumpin ace runs, my stalker and comet were doin work.
jamon
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR Buzzz

Postby masterbeato » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 am

blame it on the craptastic weather, and wanting the snow to be gone, not to mention the slippery teepads on the 500' holes :P get that fire going, even though you could win everything with your talent, if you talk some smack during the round is a bonus, and with the combination of your talent, you will win everything with flying colors (literally).

nice throws with that Nuke btw!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby jamon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah man, trying to bomb drives on snow/muddy/slippery tee pads got pretty frustrating; but you still managed to get em out there a ways, great shootin. I should of disc'd down on a few of the drives and given myself a shot at a better approach but *trying* to compete with your bombs was half the fun :lol:

When I'm playin with buds I do a fair amount of smack talkin and even some positive reinforcement, but when Im playing with a crew I don't know too well I'm pretty reserved.

I appreciate the kind words! My goal by the end of this summer is to get in the 970-980 range, I just need to start nailing them long putts like you were the 2nd round, and working on staying consistent.
jamon
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR Buzzz

Postby masterbeato » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:12 pm

haha

unfortunately i wasnt really bombing all winter long, and my champ destroyer wouldnt turn over on the baseball hole so it was left all sorts of short! lol

my guess is if you practice the things you want to improve and keep yourself sharp on the stuff you are already really good at, you will be upper 960's by the end of june or july. you could reach between 970 - 980 in the fall towards the end of the year. if you do not, then that just means you can bag for another year if you wanted! lol

it usually takes a couple years of playing fierce to get 980's but that also is dependent upon how much you play, but with you i wouldnt worry about it too much, just play as many events as you can and get yourself known and dont take shit from anybody, not even me! lol

i keep forgetting to get you that few bucks for finding my beautiful champ teebird!

thanks again!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby masterbeato » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:15 pm

my putting was kinda crappy until i started hitting those 60 footers! getting more consistent with the whole putting thing, you should have seen my putt a couple years back...godawful!

it was amazing on how far away the basket looked 10' away back then.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

masterbeato
lol Z predator

Return to Tournaments