Pot of Gold donations

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pot of Gold donations

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Knocked out a few. The Shining one was a redo.
ImageImage

And this gem is for a friend's birthday. He's growing a tribute "Swayze Mullet". So I figured I'd find a facebook pic with a good image of it and work it onto a disc. Also with an "As Seen on Tv!" thing, but with his handle instead.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: Pot of Gold donations

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Also, a quick compilation of some of the work... Accompanied by the most bad-ass guitarist ever... Buckethead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YAYKsiGgU
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ChUcK » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am

That optical illusion disc came out nice- you almost don't see that it's there until you realize that all those lines are parallel/perpendicular and there is no way that the image could be coming out at you the way it is.

I like the idea of using puzzle pieces as the reference shapes for the 3d look. One day, Escher was searching for a corner piece, and he got bored...
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:15 am

Yeah somewhere I came up with the idea of just doing a crossword puzzle, and then it changed to just a puzzle. Did a quick search and got some cool images. I think on one of my own personal discs Im gonna do the same puzzle, but take a 2nd image into Irfanview or something and do a fisheye on it to give it a 3d sphere look. And then slap it on a disc. So that the 2nd image looks like it's rounded and put together like a puzzle.

Should be pimp.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Disc Artwork