LSDiscs Columbia Pro/Am *C-Tier*

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

LSDiscs Columbia Pro/Am *C-Tier*

Postby victorb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 am

On Saturday, March 13th, LSDiscs is hosting their first event in Columbia, MO!

It is a 2-round C-Tier at Albert Oakland park, and hopefully the first of many tournaments LSDiscs brings to our area.

Entry Fees:
Open: $45
Advanced: $35
Intermediate: $30
Novice: $25
Ace fund: $3
(add $10 for non-current PDGA members)
$5 discount if you pre-register by Thrusday, March 11th.

Sign in: 8-9am
Players Meeting 9:15
Tee off 9:30

For hotel accomidations, PM me here on this site and I'll try to set you up somewhere close to the courses.

Hope to see you there!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: LSDiscs Columbia Pro/Am *C-Tier*

Postby BLURR » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

I will be there....woot...can't wait to get out of this f'ing snow....

Vic...hit me up with some hotel info...we were thinking about pricelining it...but if you got the hookup...maybe it will be cheaper.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby victorb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to pre-register! 50 people have already reserved their spot!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:24 am

Woot...rolling into town tomorrow around noon. Hopefully the weather will hold so we can get a practice round in there. What is this course like Vic?
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby victorb » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:37 am

The front 18 course is a little archaic by today's standards...most good players could do fairly well there with a stable midrange and a putter. Lots of mature trees make the challenge, most of the holes are less than 300', but every fairway has a good amount of trees to deal with. The baskets are the original Mach 0's, kept because the club decided that they were as much a part of history as the course itself...that might change in the next few years if I have any say in it.

The back 18 is longer and somewhat more open than the top 18. A few 400'+ holes that are fairly open. The woods on the back are thick but manageable, less to shoot over/around than the top 18.

The courses are both a little mushy right now due to the bad winter we have had here, but we're working on putting down 50 bags of mulch around tees and baskets where it is needed the most. Course will be setup this afternoon for the weekend, so if you do get a practice round in, you will be playing the setup for Saturday as well - assuming we don't get so much rain that we can't cross the creek that wanders through the back course.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Are we playing two separate 18's? Do you know what the two rounds will be?
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby victorb » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm 99% sure that we're playing both 18 hole courses - only 1% uncertain because I'm not running the event myself. Should be one round on each course, the order depends on how many show up and if we have to have 2 pools. Lars would be able to answer those questions better than I can.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 am

79 people played, and the weather was really crappy - high 40's and drizzle all day. I just want to thank everyone that came out and invite everyone back for the Mid America Open in July! LSDiscs also will be holding another C-Tier later this year, possibly in August or September.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Tournaments