Ever worn a Buff?

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ever worn a Buff?

Postby Trey133 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:57 am

I grew a killer beard for the winter, my face stays rosy ready all day... well, maybe thats from the alcohol.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:19 am

I've got a cap from buff and you have to be careful with it in woods so that you don't break that fragile fabric. It breaths well but but as well as my butchered to ugly hat with scissor clipped holes.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby victorb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:36 am

I have a columbia fleece neck gaiter that I wear when the wind is really getting cold. It's amazing how much heat you can lose through an uncovered neck.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:09 pm

I have a Merino wool Buff that I wear for work. It's nice, but not very convenient for a guy with a ponytail and a long goatee. For most days I prefer the stocking cap + scarf combo. But if it's single-digit cold and I know I'm going to be outside for hours at a time, the Buff is nice to have.
"I don't know who started it and I don't give a f***. The one thing I do know is that we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby. You can't take that away from us." - Stevo, SLC Punk
Mad Scientist
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Roy wrote:
I actually wore my balaclava for the first time the other day when it was cold as balls out. I usually wear it when it gets down to 25 or so or if it's really windy. that thing don't let no drafts in.

looks like the same effect could be accomplished with a cutoff t-shirt sleeve.

This is the most red neck thing I have ever read.

Then Roy added:
He could have said cuttoff flannel shirt :lol:

He could have said the same effect could be accomplished with a cutoff flannel shirt sleeve torn off of his underage-female-relative-common-law-wife when she was out back by the moonshine still.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby dgdave » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 am

Mark, you're a great addition to the board.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 am

Mark Ellis wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:
Roy wrote:
I actually wore my balaclava for the first time the other day when it was cold as balls out. I usually wear it when it gets down to 25 or so or if it's really windy. that thing don't let no drafts in.

looks like the same effect could be accomplished with a cutoff t-shirt sleeve.

This is the most red neck thing I have ever read.

Then Roy added:
He could have said cuttoff flannel shirt :lol:

He could have said the same effect could be accomplished with a cutoff flannel shirt sleeve torn off of his underage-female-relative-common-law-wife when she was out back by the moonshine still.

Ouch!!! And :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm

This held it down for me at a snowy icebowl last weekend. This is my first balaclava even though I've been thinking about them for cycling for some time. I will recommend this specific product to anyone as it is very very soft and warm, the adjustment is nice too.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Kamehame » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

My friends uses those a lot and praises them. I think he sometimes wears even two at the same time..? I was gonna get one last summer because my hair had grown to a point it really distracted. But I went for a rambo-scarf instead :roll:
No idea what I should use this summer now that my hair is 4-5 inches longer...
Kamehame
Noob

Favorite Disc: Hysteria

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 pm

BrotherDave wrote:I think I have an indispensable article of clothing. It's called a Buff and it is a little sleeve thing that can worn a thousand different ways. Neck warmer, headband, skullcap, you name it. It's made of some microfiber and it only stretches one way, really nifty. (Did I just type nifty? Good god, I'm turning old).

http://www.buff.es/en/index.php?p=USA

Why yes, I have several, they're great. I have one which is partly fleece and it's my main piece of headwear in winter, works well even in -13 Fahrenheit. I must get a visor one sometime.

Though in the summertime I usually wear what I'm wearing in the "you on and off the course" picture. Well, not that exact one, I sold it in a bar for over twice the money I paid for it.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear