Discs not showing up

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Discs not showing up

Postby domromer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:41 am

Have any of you guys made a trade and have the discs not show up? Even when the other person says they sent them, and claim they used the correct address.

Would you post this trade in the negative feedback section? Or is that just the cost of trading through the mail?

It's not like you can prove whether a person actually did or did not send something, we don't have tracking numbers.

I'm not sure of what to do.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Glock23 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 am

Would you post this trade in the negative feedback section? Or is that just the cost of trading through the mail?

I know I have had trades where I have forgot to mail something. It may have been because I had 6 trades going on at once, or life was really hectic. Sometimes you could swear you have mailed something, but actually forgot to do so.

If the person has positive feedback on the forum (if this occured on DGR) I would give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they propose to do to resolve the situation. I find most people are pretty easy going on here, and understand that crap happens. Also, I can't see how a few bucks worth of plastic (or anything for that matter) is worth lying about.

How long has it been since the person claims to have mailed the discs? Another thing you can do with your trades is delivery confirmation. It is only .50 cents, and may be worth it if you are trading a large amount of discs.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby Solty » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:18 am

(BEGIN RANT)
I usta be an avid trader of Magic the Gathering Cards a few years back and i actually had over 80 transactions in an 18 month span. Here's my findings...

The USPS is 95-99% reliable for inter-country transfers. I was a big advocate of sending w/ insurance with high valued cards.

Trading out of country is very stressful and costly if you insure. I sent to singapore, australia, germany, england and france.

I've only ever had packages lost once in the USA....and it was what someone was sending to me. In return, he agreed to send my cards back at his expensive WITH insurance.

I did get scammed once by someone in Canada.....lesson learned. And all other out of country deals were insured.

Many times when i saw issues where someone sent...but it was a wrong address.....it was for couple reasons like:
1. Forgot to send to the post office(laziness)
2. Never had the product to send in the first place

(END RANT)

For a mere 50 CENTS...you can get delivery confirmation and PM that # to parties involved.

This shows your good faith in the trade....and also shows that the package in fact did go out!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby domromer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:20 am

well the trade in question is 4 weeks overdue, and the person is a new member so I looked for feeback and they don't seem to have any, Ive sent a bunch of emails and no replies. I guess we will see.

On a good note I had another similar situation going on with another trader and it seems to have ironed it's self out. I'll be watching the mail for a few days now!

I know what you mean by how hard it is to keep track of trades. Between sales and trades Ive had to write down whats going on, on a piece of paper, I just could not keep track of who was getting what and what should be in the mail for me. Not I just have a little chart that makes it easy...I know I'm a dork :oops:
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby domromer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:22 am

maybe I'll do that in the future 50 cents is no big deal.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby Solty » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:25 am

Dont be afraid to utilize your trading thread as a personal trade reference thread as well..

at the bottom of you initilal message, put some *****'s and notate something like..."Pending Trades with" mikesolt, TDK, etc... and include notes about the transaction.

mike
Solty

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:20 pm

4 weeks is a pretty long time, especially considering that it takes about 3 days for a package to go from one coast to the other. The fact that the guy isn't replying to your emails seems kinda sketch too, especially with no prior feedback. I think giving the benefit of the doubt is good, but if there's a bad trader, I think it's worth posting in the negative feedback thread, if for no other reason than to help protect the rest of us on here that ARE good traders.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Glock23 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:27 pm

Yeah, with no prior feedback, I think it is time for #2 on the negative list. Atleast Rooster will have company. :roll:

Edit with new point:
I don't think it is unreasonable when trading with someone who has no feedback to mail the discs to them once you receive yours. That way you can confirm they are legit and it cuts down the fraud factor. What do you guys think?
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Rooster » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:51 pm

like glock said, sometyimes shit gets lost and sometimes you forget, i appologize for my indescretion and the tracking is prolly a good call.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Solty » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Glock23 wrote:Yeah, with no prior feedback, I think it is time for #2 on the negative list. Atleast Rooster will have company. :roll:

Edit with new point:
I don't think it is unreasonable when trading with someone who has no feedback to mail the discs to them once you receive yours. That way you can confirm they are legit and it cuts down the fraud factor. What do you guys think?

Don't be a trader basher...:) Let APX and Rooster sort things out.
Solty

Postby Glock23 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:57 pm

Glock23 wrote:
Yeah, with no prior feedback, I think it is time for #2 on the negative list. Atleast Rooster will have company.

Edit with new point:

Don't be a trader basher... Let APX and Rooster sort things out.

Sorry if that came across as a bash, more just trying to be funny and failing I guess.
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Glock23 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:00 pm

like glock said, sometyimes shit gets lost and sometimes you forget, i appologize for my indescretion and the tracking is prolly a good call.

I think we have all been on one end or the other. I know I made mr Smooth wait forever on a disc I could have sworn I mailed when I mailed 6 or so other trades. But you know what? I screwed up. The best bet is just to be honest and let them know what is going on. It is hard to be mad when someone is honest with you.
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:09 pm

Glock23 wrote:Sorry if that came across as a bash, more just trying to be funny and failing I guess.

I got a little chuckle out of that, just for the record. Especially after seeing the abuse that Rooster goes through on his local message board. :)
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:40 pm

I have had limited experience trading here, but they have all been good trades. I understand that between work, families and trying to squeeze in some playing time (esp. with the crappy weather some of you are dealing with :( !) stuff gets forgotten. The discs will eventually get there, and if they don't, thats a lesson learned on who to trade with in the future.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby domromer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:29 pm

Yeah everyone here has work, girlfiriends, pets, whatever, but if you are trading it's like making someone a promise. If I can't mail a disc out promtly then I shouldn't be trading, people don't trade discs becuse they want it 4 weeks from now. All I'm saying is that sometimes it seems people don't trades seriously like " Oh man I totaly spaced it, sorry dude, I'll get it out to you soon as I can, in the meantime they have been throwing thier new disc for a week.

If a store had stuff in stock but didn't ship it out for a week you'd be pissed.

Ok, I've vented now.

Rant off/

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade