311 logo dye on Star Firebird

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

311 logo dye on Star Firebird

Postby BennettUA » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 pm

The streaky bleeds in the logo are where the dye creeped in the vinyl on the adhesive. Cool look, but also as abstract as the saran wrap. Looks like it's on fire, and the background is the smoke.

The "X" is the middle signifies this as an x-out. Bought this from DiscGolfValues dot com. All the x-outs I got from there have a big X right in the middle :(

Gift for a friend -- more dyes come this week for the rest of the crew coming into town.

Yes, I know, this will be hell to find in the fall. But it's spring now...

BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star Valkyrie

Re: 311 logo dye on Star Firebird

Postby ChUcK » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 pm

That is an insane visual effect! I don't understand your explanation, but apparently it works just fine.

Be careful with doing request dyes of bands- pretty soon you'll be covering star aviars with Rush's 2112 man-ass. :shock:

edit: never mind, I see what you're talking about with the streaks. Probably more visible in person, I'm guessing. I had to really search for that X you were talking about too, it's a bummer they would do that. It's like if I was cooking you some over-easy eggs, but broke one of the yolks, and instead of throwing it away I shat on the plate and sold it to you anyways.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Return to Disc Artwork