Critique of drive, please!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Critique of drive, please!

Postby patdabunny » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:09 am

I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me some help. This http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/G1nked/?action=view&current=DanielsDrive.flv is a video of a drive I made yesterday that went well (280') into a fairly stout headwind with a z-buzzz. Didn't turn over and parked the hole, in spite of the guy fishing right in front of the hole.

Let me know what you guys see that I can improve. I know it's not much, but it's all I have right now.

Thanks!

Daniel
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Critique of drive, please!

Postby Timko » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:25 am

That's a pretty decent throw. Smooth, slow, level, hitting it late, etc. If you can throw that smooth inside 300' and get it to go where you want, you have a lot of things working for you.

You'd need to throw some all out D throws to really see where you can really improve.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby patdabunny » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 am

Timko wrote:That's a pretty decent throw. Smooth, slow, level, hitting it late, etc. If you can throw that smooth inside 300' and get it to go where you want, you have a lot of things working for you.

You'd need to throw some all out D throws to really see where you can really improve.

Thanks. My short range game is really up there, IMHO. However, it's my long range game that suffers. My long throw yesterday was ~375' with a pro katana annied with a L to R wind. I felt that this throw really was a "good" one, formwise.

Sometime, I'll try to get my distace throw videoed and up here.

Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:52 pm

It looked good -you should definitely throw and run harder to start pushing the envelope. And keep developing.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby patdabunny » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm

I've been playing for 10 years, but been off for the last two for medical reasons. My short game is as good as ever, but the long bombs are suffering. This was a short shot, around 280'.

One of these days, I'll have a video done of my full-fledged drives.

Thanks for the input!

Daniel

patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Postby patdabunny » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 pm

So, I played another partial round today and found that I could drive an echo star boss and a pro katana and park a 380' hole (level ground). Yes, I was using all the power I had, but the snap was audible and the discs were really ripping out of my hand. I've kept focusing on the hit and also keeping my wrist extended (handshake position). I think if I were to go for all out max D, I could possibly get it to the 425' range.

I really want to thank masterbeato, Blake T and Bradley W for their instructional videos and articles. Watching them and reading their insightful stuff has really helped me regain my form from 2 years ago (before my medical leave of absence). Plus, after I've had more practice time, I believe it will lead me to be able to throw in the 450' golf driving distance range. We'll see about that.

Thanks!

Daniel

patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Return to Video Critique