Standing Rocks Open

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Standing Rocks Open

Postby ziggy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 am

So dgr, who's going this year?

I see a full pre-reg list at 160ppl and it's still a month away.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Standing Rocks Open

Postby Roy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm playing the am weekend, I cant make it the following weekend for the big dog... Always a great tourny, I'm sure the advanced weekend is full. it was very close last weekend.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby ziggy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Yea, Advanced Weekend is full.

I got the karma buzz and want to MEET a fellow dgr and pass it off.

So i'm posting here to see who's worthy.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 am

I wanted to go but I was too slow to sign up.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Roy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 am

rusch_bag wrote:I wanted to go but I was too slow to sign up.

there might be spots left for the intermediate weekend. It's just as fun, just a few less holes and more laid back.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Pay outs are shit for the int weekend and I know it isn't sanctioned for the int weekend but my PDGA rating does not allow me to play int anymore and I would feel like way to big of a bagger to play. I had a friend get 2nd in rec ($20 entry fee I believe) last year and beat like 50 people and he got $10 in funny money for it. Not worth the trip.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby ziggy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

rusch_bag wrote:Pay outs are shit for the int weekend and I know it isn't sanctioned for the int weekend but my PDGA rating does not allow me to play int anymore and I would feel like way to big of a bagger to play. I had a friend get 2nd in rec ($20 entry fee I believe) last year and beat like 50 people and he got $10 in funny money for it. Not worth the trip.

What was the player's pack?

Were there any extra anemities that occurred that weekend that never takes place for the rest of the year?

side games? a couple temp holes? Fluids? CTPs?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:25 am

Not sure. I just heard bad things from a lot of people that were.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I've never played in a tourny with more "stuff"

I dont know who told Ruschbag that it was a lame payout, but I cetainly never though so.

Last year it was for advanced the players pack was two discs and a bag full of goodies. I remember getting a sweet innova mini that was also a bottle opener. Plenty of CTPs too. There has always been a hole that was a group CTP so one person from every group won a disc. Temp holes are there. The usual down the ski hill and the loop down by the lake. The advanced tourny you play some of the regular holes backwards.

Last time I played intermediate a few years ago was my best haul ever in a tourney. I got the players pack, group CTP, regular CTP and I finished top ten. I cam home with like 8+ discs.

There always have good food. I think it was subs from eberts and gerberts, pulled pork, starbucks was all included. They get impressive local sponsership for food and stuff.

Central waters brewery sends a barrel or two also. Awesome!
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby ziggy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Roy wrote:I've never played in a tourny with more "stuff"

I dont know who told Ruschbag that it was a lame payout, but I cetainly never though so.

Last year it was for advanced the players pack was two discs and a bag full of goodies. I remember getting a sweet innova mini that was also a bottle opener. Plenty of CTPs too. There has always been a hole that was a group CTP so one person from every group won a disc. Temp holes are there. The usual down the ski hill and the loop down by the lake. The advanced tourny you play some of the regular holes backwards.

Last time I played intermediate a few years ago was my best haul ever in a tourney. I got the players pack, group CTP, regular CTP and I finished top ten. I cam home with like 8+ discs.

There always have good food. I think it was subs from eberts and gerberts, pulled pork, starbucks was all included. They get impressive local sponsership for food and stuff.

Central waters brewery sends a barrel or two also. Awesome!

:shock:

No wonder 173 people paid up and filled this tourney with more than a month to go..

I'm sure for $20 on the intermediate side, two discs and a bunch of temp holes is definitely worth the price of admission and dont bother with the payouts.. you're already breaking even for $20..
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Roy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 pm

It's $35 for intermediate. You might only get one disc for intermediate.. Iusually play advanced. What are you playing Ziggy?

But either on is still worth the price of admission. I havent played intermediate in a few years but it has always featured premium plastic from discraft and innova and good times. There has always been raffles and games. If I'm not mistaken they always have a game where they toss out 3 baskets and you pay for 3 shots and it's 3 CTPS where you win baskets. There is no shortage of extras and raffles.

The only problem might be that you get some baggers. Part of that is locals playing both weekends and part of it is people who cant afford the cash or cant make the big weekend.

The intermediate is two 24 holes rounds and the advanced is is 18-21-18. So there's plenty of throwing.

I
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby juju » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:02 pm

People have been complaining about the am payouts at SR for years. You get your money back in the players pack...don't expect anything over the top for bagging. Playing those courses should be enough, if not...move up!
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby ziggy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm

juju wrote:People have been complaining about the am payouts at SR for years. You get your money back in the players pack...don't expect anything over the top for bagging. Playing those courses should be enough, if not...move up!

i like you juju.

roy, i"m prisoner #22662. can find me on the SRO pdga list.

so far 3 deaf guys signed up. Shud be easy to find us. :lol:
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby pointdisc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am

Probably playing the AM weekend as work has me busy this time of year. Last year, AM player pack goodies were a Gateway SRO stamped putter (got a money sweet SS Voodoo), SRO stamped minis (stash minis?), & SRO stamped ESP/Z discraft disc. Great tourney w/ great fun.

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby ziggy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 pm

So who's from DGR and hitting the PDGA SRO version?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Tournaments