Wrathchild needs some advice (videos now up)

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Wrathchild needs some advice (videos now up)

Postby Wrathchild » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:06 am

Well, it's been quite awhile since I came on last. Well, i guess since the snow first started falling up around here. lol, and since my desktop's mobo fried on me last month. Had to remember what my login was XD

but, i finally managed to get some brief video today on 2 drives and my putting.

Here's the link to my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/csidesuicide?feature=mhw4

each video has been labeled as to what it pertains too. And yea, I apologize in advance for my friend's poor choice in location. I should of watched a replay right after the shot was done, but it was flipping cold out and we were trying to get done b4 dark.

I'm going to try to get some better video's up tomorrow from Holland, MI @ Winstrom Preserve. But that depends on the weather. It's supposed to be raining.

My putt vid, i can plainly see I F'd that one up. I have no clue why i did that. But I do have a tendency on the farther away putts to try to get air under it for some reason.

And based on my footwork on my BH vid, I need to learn to plant my right foot and pivot.

I'm open to all suggestions, critiques. Thanx in advance.
Wrathchild
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Glo Nuke

Re: Wrathchild needs some advice (videos now up)

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:27 am

Cold? Without even any snow on the ground? Try practicing in -13 Fahrenheit sometimes...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby rehder » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 am

moved to appropriate forum.

Regarding backhand technique

Watch Masterbeato's throwing vid on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nED7gcXobEo and work on the right pec drill for a while. Dont use a runup while throwing for a month or two. This will let you focus on your pull and you wont have to concentrate on your footwork. Right now it doesnt look like it lets you throw further at all.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 am

Yeah, try watching masterbeato's video, it should help a lot. Your shoulders stay lined up with the target the whole time along with your hip, so you're not getting much/any power from there at least.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Wrathchild » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I did in fact watch Masterbeato's video, and i like how he breaks it all down.

Even when I just did the 2 step up to a drive, I noticed a significantly easier drive compared to that video I got of my BH.

I never thought of having the disc up at your chest and leading with your elbow. i like that so much better than what I was doing. I never did get anymore video done though. it was busy out there and we didn't want to hold up anyone. Plus, our group was already a 4 man as it was.

Thanx for the replies so far.
Wrathchild
Noob

Postby keltik » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 pm

how tall are you?

EDIT: change the camera angle to the other side of your body so we can see what your hands/arms are doing.

also you don't really need a double X-step run-up. start with a one step throw (both FH & BH). and build up from there.

watch the feldberg putting clinic vid. repeatedly.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Wrathchild » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 pm

keltik wrote:how tall are you?

EDIT: change the camera angle to the other side of your body so we can see what your hands/arms are doing.

also you don't really need a double X-step run-up. start with a one step throw (both FH & BH). and build up from there.

watch the feldberg putting clinic vid. repeatedly.

I'm 6' and 250lbs. I mentioned the poor location of the camera earlier, and on my channel. I actually did change my footwork when I started watching masterbeato's video. It's helping a lot.

I don't normally do a run up on my FH shots. I've always had problem with that.
Wrathchild
Noob

Postby keltik » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm

that was a lot taller than I thought you would say.
sorry sometimes I don't read :lol:
Yeah for FH I don't run-up either. but one step is usually enough to get momentum going.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 am

Push forward with the legs instead of up.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby USAnarchy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Haven't really seen any replies to this yet about what you are doing in your video, but it appears that you are throwing primarily with your arm.

Looks like you are not incorporating your lower body into your throw at all.

Looks like a lot of motion and speed, but when its all said and done, you are not kinetically linking any part of your movement.

remember it should be foot placement, legs, hips, torso/abs, upperback/shoulders and then your arm will naturally whip through on the shot.

the word "throw" is a semi-misnomer as you really should not be using your arm to throw, but as more of an mechanism for imparting inertia to the disc.

throw some footage up from the correct side and lets see what we can spot.
Accuracy is Slow. Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast. Fast is Far.
The Less Effort, The Faster and More Powerful You Will Be - Bruce Lee
Know What You Throw. Throw What You Know.
It's Not A Routine If You Have To Think About It.
-=| Click Here To See What's Currently In My Bag |=-
USAnarchy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:21 am

Actually you do also throw with the arm in the last inches of the arm motion prior to the rip. Until the laast few inches the lower body should do most of the work but the last inches you want not miss with some added power and acceleration to the throw. For distance from the added power and acceleration plus disc pivot but also consistency from clear releases and additional aiming mechanism of the weight of the disc on the fingers from the late acceleration.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique