Go ahead, criticize away

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Go ahead, criticize away

Postby warobert » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQcUaSeUT4

I have been trying to learn to throw properly from watching masterbeatos's vids and this is where I am at now. I am not using any run up because I can't get even the part of the hit that I get from a one step. Being a poor college student means that I have plenty of time to go out and practice so tips and recommendations for drills would be greatly appreciated.
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Re: Go ahead, criticize away

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm by no means an expert, but your pull line looks a bit high.

How long were those throws?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby warobert » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Google earth places most of the throws at 250'. all discs were star teebirds or dx eagles, but I mostly throw the teebirds.
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby JR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I like these throws they show a lot of promise. The things I'd try before moving to one step throws (you could take a faster and longer step than now), two, then x step approach drive, then x step back toward the target progression is to move the right leg 4-6" toward the right of the tee for flat and mild hyzer releases and trying to accelerate with the arm a little later. When the disc has passed the right pec. Lowering the arm pull now may be a good thing in the long run but one can throw far with your pull height as well. The difference is there but it's not earth shattering.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Aaron_D » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:27 am

Your head is a little off to the right in the follow through. Press it down the line you want the disc to travel. Id say you are ready to add another step to your run up. Also...your pull could be tighter to your chest as you pass your pecks...you wont need so much upper body rotation when you get the hit in the right place...right now its a little too close to your left shoulder.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Return to Video Critique