Nintendo Power

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Nintendo Power

Postby ChUcK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:25 am

A few 8-bit dyes as of late have me hankering for one of my own. I spent some time last night finding good screenshots of old games like Zelda and Metroid, and found tons of good stuff.

I want to know if anybody else out there wants to hop on this bandwagon with me. I was thinking of a thread (this one, possibly) where we all choose a Nintendo dye (of 8-bit graphics, not an artistic representation) and post them as a collection of retro badassery.

This isn't a challenge or a competition, more like an event that results in a portfolio of cool. I tried to think of constraints, and the only one that makes sense without stifling creativity is that 8-bit Nintendo graphics must be the main point of the dye. (you Sega Mistress System pansies can start your own thread over on DGCR :lol: ) I plan on spoofing something, maybe Zelda, so it doesn't have to be a 100% true-to-life screenshot.

Is anybody in on this? We could set a date like 2 weeks from now to post up our entries, then make a full thread of classic gaming dyes.

Here's one of my thoughts for a contender:
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Re: Nintendo Power

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 am

I might do something. This weekend and next week I have to look into what I'm going to do for a local 2 day tourney's donations. So I'll see if I can find something cool that I can throw on one of em.
Gotta think of something unique and funny that nearly every old schooler NES would remember.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby ChUcK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 am

AciDBatH666 wrote:Gotta think of something unique and funny that nearly every old schooler NES would remember.

There's tons of them out there. Soooo many classic 8-bits...
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thommie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:54 pm

not 8 bit but this is what im working on.. a lil sneak peek! and i now give you hand cutters alot more credit...(this will be my third and final hand cut! you guys can have em! ill stick with my cheaterplotter.)
ill show the vinyl cutout and process pics when i get there

p.s. does anyone not know this pic?
16 or 32?
i've hit the chains 16 times on a teeshot. Ask me how many aces i have.
Thommie
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Elite-Z buzz

Postby JR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 pm

I've chain saw mowed more than a couple of those :-D I think they were only 8 bit color as well.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Flipflat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 pm

ChUcK wrote:A few 8-bit dyes as of late have me hankering for one of my own. I spent some time last night finding good screenshots of old games like Zelda and Metroid, and found tons of good stuff.

I want to know if anybody else out there wants to hop on this bandwagon with me. I was thinking of a thread (this one, possibly) where we all choose a Nintendo dye (of 8-bit graphics, not an artistic representation) and post them as a collection of retro badassery.

This isn't a challenge or a competition, more like an event that results in a portfolio of cool. I tried to think of constraints, and the only one that makes sense without stifling creativity is that 8-bit Nintendo graphics must be the main point of the dye. (you Sega Mistress System pansies can start your own thread over on DGCR :lol: ) I plan on spoofing something, maybe Zelda, so it doesn't have to be a 100% true-to-life screenshot.

Is anybody in on this? We could set a date like 2 weeks from now to post up our entries, then make a full thread of classic gaming dyes.

Here's one of my thoughts for a contender:

That's a really cool idea. REALLY cool. A dye featuring that dog from Duck Hunt (you know how he laughed at you when you missed?) would be wack.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby SnowMongoose » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 am

The ghost was my second dye ever, hence the unevenness
SnowMongoose
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby mpalcic » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 am

i'll either submit the mario i did, or pick a better one like

hopefully i will have time for this, im working on a few other dyes but if not i will put up the other mario.
HOT PROPERTY!
mpalcic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wooden stick

Postby Timko » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:50 am

Thommie wrote:not 8 bit but this is what im working on.. a lil sneak peek! and i now give you hand cutters alot more credit...(this will be my third and final hand cut! you guys can have em! ill stick with my cheaterplotter.)
ill show the vinyl cutout and process pics when i get there

p.s. does anyone not know this pic?
16 or 32?

I'm pretty sure it's 16. That's out of Doom2, but I think both of the 1st 2 Doom titles were 16 bit.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby wdb4th » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:02 am

Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby wdb4th » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 am

Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby ChUcK » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:36 am

I hate that damn dog!!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but when we used to play Duck Hunt there would be numerous attempted shootings of the dog due to his unsympathetic nature. I wonder if there ever was a case of a disgruntled gamer getting his Dad's 9mm and putting a hole through the screen....
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 pm

ChUcK wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but when we used to play Duck Hunt there would be numerous attempted shootings of the dog due to his unsympathetic nature.

I know the feeling.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby English101 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:43 pm

I screwed up an old 8-bit mega man when I was first learning, here is a pic:

Maybe I will redo this one and submit it here.
English101
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champ TL

Postby ChUcK » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 am

You gotta redo that one and add some funny. Anyone think they can handle Battletoads? I can see the Big Bad Boot kicking the shit out of a lot of different things.
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Disc Artwork