old drivers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Smyith » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:57 pm

yea always unless the wind screws with it. typically i throw a champ valk 174 for tommie/thumbers. it doesnt really what angle i release it at either
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:30 pm

I must be slow or something because my thumbers go 250' max left to right about 20-30'

My tommys either go straight (not enough snap?) or some how flip over instead of under and goes left to right also, I think I really need to see someone throwing good tommys, that or sit out in a field until I can figure it out
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Smyith » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:46 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:I must be slow or something because my thumbers go 250' max left to right about 20-30'

My tommys either go straight (not enough snap?) or some how flip over instead of under and goes left to right also, I think I really need to see someone throwing good tommys, that or sit out in a field until I can figure it out

250' isnt bad i get about 275-300 avg and 325ish max. i dont know how you are goin left to right on a tommie, thats a strange one? my typical straight shot release angle from vertical is probably about 10 - 15 degrees (a guess). also the height angle plays a huge factor in distance. i dont know what angle works best b/c the only time i use the tomiie is when im forced to and i dont do any open tommie drives.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:52 pm

yeah, im gunna just get out there and see what I can do with em. Im plenty satisfied with my thumbers i generally can tell you where they will hit in a 10ft radius, but where they bounce roll skip is another story. Considering how often I will use a thumber for left->right shots, I can see me using a tommy pretty often too.
\
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Phenix

Postby trogdor » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:17 pm

A co-worker who used to play showed me his Innova Phenix <-- Yes, that's how it's spelled.

That has got to be THE tallest disc I've ever seen. I bet you could stack 2 Tee-Birds and it would still be shorter than the Phenix.

I think the Viper drove the Phenix to extinction.
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby presidio hills » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:My tommys either go straight (not enough snap?) or some how flip over instead of under and goes left to right also, I think I really need to see someone throwing good tommys, that or sit out in a field until I can figure it out

dirtykid,
if you can't get your tommy to flip over and corkscrew you should try a more understable disc. sounds like you're throwing the "pancake" (disc goes upside down and lands on the flight plate moving left to right in the air) which is also a good shot to have in your arsenal.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Equipment