olympics

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

olympics

Postby Smyith » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:43 pm

you know im gettin so f-ing tired of figure skating and ice dancing BS! nbc cant figure out y the ratings are so crappy, gee i wonder. what is the main demographic of sports watchers? men. what do most men not want to watch? figure skating and ice dancing. all the good sports are on during the day. the other night i was watching (not really just waiting for something else besides figure skating to come on) and in a 3 1/2 hour time slot there was 3 hrs of figure skating, 15 minutes of skiing and 2 races of speed skating. wow, that pissed me off i love the speed skating and i got to see 2 races.
NBC U SUX !@#$ING A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srry i needed to vent about this its been boiling up inside. i wish espn had the rights to the olympics. it would be so much better. abc could show all the crappy dancing stuff and the sports would be on espn. in case u didnt know same company; espn and abc. and they still fight for rights to things so crazy this media world is.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Re: olympics

Postby Fritz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:14 pm

Smyith wrote:you know im gettin so f-ing tired of figure skating and ice dancing BS! nbc cant figure out y the ratings are so crappy, gee i wonder. what is the main demographic of sports watchers? men. what do most men not want to watch? figure skating and ice dancing. all the good sports are on during the day. the other night i was watching (not really just waiting for something else besides figure skating to come on) and in a 3 1/2 hour time slot there was 3 hrs of figure skating, 15 minutes of skiing and 2 races of speed skating. wow, that pissed me off i love the speed skating and i got to see 2 races.
NBC U SUX !@#$ING A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srry i needed to vent about this its been boiling up inside. i wish espn had the rights to the olympics. it would be so much better. abc could show all the crappy dancing stuff and the sports would be on espn. in case u didnt know same company; espn and abc. and they still fight for rights to things so crazy this media world is.

Agreed, the coverage is ASS this year! And seriously ya aren't missing much durning the day either. They jsut aren't showing the good sports. You have to TIVO the good sports LATE @ night and watch the show the next day, and hope you don't hear the results. Why can't they just show us the live Olympics all day one 1 channel, nothing but the Olympics Rotate what is shown and when. It's not that hard to figure out.
True that on the getting crushed it's a shame when American Idol get's Millions more viewers then something great and historic liek the Olympics.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Smyith » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:36 pm

hockey is on during the day! and curling :roll:
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby krusen » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:29 am

Same here...
Every time I check in I see cross country skiing or something equally ghey. On the plus side I got to see about 5 minutes of boardercross the other night.

I would rather they show previously recorded footage than live ice dancing.
Tivo would be the way to go.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:06 am

Is it me or do the Americans (especially the snowboarders) remind you of extras from a cheech and chong movie?

Listen to the interviews, " Like Dude. The snow..it was..dude...cold. And the dude was going fast..."
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:28 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:Is it me or do the Americans (especially the snowboarders) remind you of extras from a cheech and chong movie?

Listen to the interviews, " Like Dude. The snow..it was..dude...cold. And the dude was going fast..."

Dude..what you mean like DUDE that was sweet!
:lol:
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.