Innova Mako

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Innova Mako

Postby discspeed » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:11 am

zj1002 wrote:yall got any echo star makos in?

We do at CDGS. I picked one up...I believe it was gummy and domey.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:17 am

discspeed wrote:

gdamnit
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby char@gottagogottathrow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 am

Char Majeski
www.gottagogottathrow.com
char@gottagogottathrow.com
877-347-2465
763-593-7690
char@gottagogottathrow
Tree Magnet

Postby Leopard » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 am

zj1002 wrote:
discspeed wrote:

gdamnit

New stamps whaaat?
I thought these were still sneaky-mode
sure they'll be in soon

some retail sharks up in here :lol:
paging Hoey and the Junkie!
plshark where you at?
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 am

yeah pretty funny all the other retailers showed up!

I was only asking Leopard because I stop by Discnation weekly
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Leopard » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:21 am

:mrgreen: no worries y'all Im joshin

Actually glad I saw the pics cuz I didn't know bout the new stamps. I have no clue ever what is in the online stock cuz I don't even work at that location... but I'm gonna be putting in a request for store stock soon and I want nutloads of this echo swag. Gimme uhhh 35 Leopards pleez boss :D
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby BLURR » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm

My latest addition to my mako family...

If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:53 pm

BLURR wrote:My latest addition to my mako family...

man they had like 30 of these at a local retailer the other day for $15 flat, buncha Eco Destroyers too at the same price point, got me a couple :)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby BLURR » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:45 pm

I picked up what looks to be one of the new "domey" runs...white @ 177g. It looks almost identical to the one that Zam posted dome-wise. The dome has definitely affected the flight of these things drastically in my opinion. I have a brand new 180g red first run in my bag that flies straight'ish. This white one flew straight and then had a pretty decent amount of late fade to it. Almost new buzzz like. So 3rd run = poopy(For what its intended flight is supposed to be).
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Billym » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
BLURR wrote:My latest addition to my mako family...

man they had like 30 of these at a local retailer the other day for $15 flat, buncha Eco Destroyers too at the same price point, got me a couple :)

Jesse where?

I Love the new small Echo stamps! Don't know why exactly but I like it.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Banjar » Sat May 01, 2010 1:19 pm

I got a first run Mako (180g) yesterday and tried it out during two rounds today. It felt great.

I generally struggle with judging fades, and given my lack of technique I throw a little too high sometimes, adding a lot of extra fade. Being a lefty, our hole 11 is a nightmare. OB all the way right along a 520' progressively narrowing fairway (from 120' to 40') with trees along the left side (40' is considered quite narrow by me :roll: ) Both rounds today my drive went OB with about 220' left, and both times the mako parked right under the basket, saving my par. The Mako is perfect for me in the 100-220' range. (I'm only started playing last fall, max D around 350').

I would strongly recommend this disc to newer players looking for an upshot/midrange disc that "is not a putter". It really is the XD's big brother - flies straight, almost no fade. I don't know how it works for advanced players with tons of power, though.

/Kristian

Now I only have to decide if I am going to buy the remaining 3 first run Mako's in the club disc stash...
I hereby commit myself to actually do the drills, rather than just trying them for a few times and expect results.
Banjar
Noob

Favorite Disc: changes daily..

Postby jubuttib » Sat May 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Banjar wrote:II would strongly recommend this disc to newer players looking for an upshot/midrange disc that "is not a putter". It really is the XD's big brother - flies straight, almost no fade. I don't know how it works for advanced players with tons of power, though.

Really? My opinion has always been that Mako is more like a long putter to me than anything else.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby LumberJack » Sat May 01, 2010 3:15 pm

I traded my Mako for a brand new star roc and a freakishly stable star teebird... best trade evar. The Mako is a very nice mid, it finishes soft, it stalls nicely and it rides a hyzer/anhyzer line smoothly. But I've developed a long term relationship with the Roc and I love them dearly.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Banjar » Sat May 01, 2010 7:40 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Banjar wrote:II would strongly recommend this disc to newer players looking for an upshot/midrange disc that "is not a putter". It really is the XD's big brother - flies straight, almost no fade. I don't know how it works for advanced players with tons of power, though.

Really? My opinion has always been that Mako is more like a long putter to me than anything else.

That is kinda what I meant, although I see now that it was poorly worded.. :wink: When I started, I used my putters exclusively for putting. I didnt even try to throw them with any speed (my mistake, of course). So I wanted a disc that was not a full-fledged midrange and not a putter, but in between (hence the "not a putter" -line). My bad for wording it clumsily.
I agree, the Mako is a long range putter-feeling disc. I don't trust my putters on certain longer ranges (120' and up) because I would throw too hard and loose accuracy. With a Buzzz, i was trying to throw with 50-60% power and it would usually result in overshooting badly or going wide of the mark. The Mako just feels great in my hand and fills the gap between my XD and my Buzzz very nicely.

/Kristian

EDIT: by the way, I'm sure the mako is a full-fledged potent midrange disc in the right hands, though! - making it even better as your first midrange because it grows with you.
I hereby commit myself to actually do the drills, rather than just trying them for a few times and expect results.
Banjar
Noob

Favorite Disc: changes daily..

Postby Trey133 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Discgolfvalues.com just got in Champion Mako's for anyone who is interested. They also got in some other tasty plastic.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment