Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:38 am

I just got a nice check from my godmother from my move to a new place, and I've got about $500 in change ready to be rolled...
I think it's time to get mah damn rims. I needa find a weigh on these tho. One site I was lookin at had em posted, this one doesn't. I'm kinda stoked. That and my coil overs, and I'll be content with cosmetic work for a while
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Thommie » Thu May 06, 2010 8:56 am

specs shouldnt be hard to find... what's plan for motor?
i've hit the chains 16 times on a teeshot. Ask me how many aces i have.
Thommie
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Elite-Z buzz

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 am

Prolly not going too much more on the motor. Maybe a downpipe and APR stage 2.
I'm content with where it's at now. should run a 13.9 with traction. I'm more than happy with that so far.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby overdubbed » Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 am

what wheels are you looking at? and yeah.. with chip, intake, and exhaust it should be in the high 13's.. some guy at the track was keeping up with me and he said thats all he had done.. that really annoyed me since i had almost every bolt on plus an upgraded turbo... hence why i'm now going big turbo... lol
overdubbed
Noob

Favorite Disc: core

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 am

I'm lookin for some decent time attack style rims.

I can get these for about $1,100 total, with wheels...But I'm weary about the brand.
KYOWA KR628. I'm trying to do some reading online to see what people say. A few people bitched about them being chinese. These are about $180 a piece thru http://www.wheelfire.com in a wheel/tire package price, so if I can go somewhere else for a near identical rim for around the same price I'll do it.

As for the engine mods, the MKVs do great with the APR tuning. Stage 1 was my first major mod and I agree with most people on the boards that the car should of come like that from the factory. I've run a 14.2 on my Dynolicious iPhone ap with just intake and Stg 1. And lots of guys on the forums are in the 13.9s with good traction and my 2 mods.
I'm debating on exhaust. I don't want it to be loud or have a drone. I've gone thru 3 S-10s that were all loud by my opening up the exhaust. And I don't really want that anymore. I want it to have a nice tone when I get on it, but not a constant loudness to it. And I think I read that the gains from full exhaust is kind of minimal. So a downpipe might give it a little more throaty sound, but not completely gimp it out too loud or anything.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby overdubbed » Thu May 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Check out BBS CH's.. they are my favorite.. also a downpipe will give you a little bit of extra hp.. but i would at least get rid of the resonator, or get a different muffler.. *borla, magnaflow, etc*
overdubbed
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:55 pm

$800 a piece? Scratch that. Love em tho. But nowhere near in my budget.
I'd have to suck some major dong and give bonus reach-a-rounds if I wanted those by the end of the year.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby overdubbed » Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm

you can find them for under $500.. but yeah, they're still expensive..
overdubbed
Noob

Postby Cali » Sat May 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I herd u guize liek GTI's.

Mine is pretty slow compared to most of the VW guys I know. I've been ballin on a serious budget since I purchased it in 2006 so I haven't been able to do much work on it.

Running a silly little K04 turbo with a decent tune and all the basic essential mods(intake, exhaust, derpa derp)

I love her to death though. Have plans for a GT28 setup in the future but I don't know how good an idea that would be on my 100k+ motor.
Cali
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Thommie » Sun May 09, 2010 11:27 am

lag lag lag lag lag lag no gt28 go with a gt25 same boost less lag especially on a non built motor.
i've hit the chains 16 times on a teeshot. Ask me how many aces i have.
Thommie
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Elite-Z buzz

Postby overdubbed » Sun May 09, 2010 7:50 pm

dont listen to him.. go gt25 if you want stock like boost and only want 250hp.. depends on what gt28xx you get.. gt28r is the smallest with maybe only 270hp with boost coming in around 2500rpm.. gt28rs "aka disco potato" will get you in the 300 club with boost coming in under the 3500rpm mark.. gt2871r will get to the 350hp range with boost coming in around 3500rpm.. then you get into the gt30xx turbo's for anything more than that... The gt28r and gt28rs are both internally wastegated which is nice BUT.. for a little bit better response its best to tack them shut and run an external wastegate.. Stay away from the eliminator kits from atp!! Yes with a gt28rs or gt2871r you'll still get in the 300hp range with it, BUT.. because it still uses your stock exhaust manifold it restricts the flow to the turbo causing rediculous LAG.. IMHO go cts's big turbo kit 50trim .63ar with a garrett turbo.. *ctsturbo.com* Clay is an awesome guy and the quality of his stuff is great.. and it is very drivable..
overdubbed
Noob

Postby overdubbed » Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 am

oh.. and I'm in the process of putting a bullseye s256 turbo on my car right now which should get me over the 400whp mark and I have over 170,000 miles.. so dont be worried about miles.. the engines can handle it.. dont worry about internals unless you are getting over the 300whp mark..
overdubbed
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:14 am

I think I decided on what I'm going with.
T.I. RM. They put the stripe inside of the spokes. Nice lil change from all the other Time Attack style rims out there.
I believe these are the same weight as my stockers too. I'm also gonna cut a custom VW emblem out of vinyl to cover the center cap, depending on how rounded the edges are.

Tagged along with some Sumitomo HTRZ-III tires. They outperformed 3 other major Summer Performance tires on Tirerack

Can't wait to get em and get my damn coil overs so I'm not monster truckin so much.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby overdubbed » Tue May 11, 2010 7:36 am

those wheels are nice.. sumotomos are pretty good tires.. I prefer bfg t/a kdw 2's.. best tires i've ever had..
overdubbed
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:46 am

Well I originally wanted a set of Kuhmo Ecsta AST, but they didn't do as well compared to the other tires in it's class. I've had Kumho Ecsta 711s on my blazer and they were nice. These are a more aggressive summer tire with a wicked tread, but it didn't do well at all in wet handling.

Ultimately, for only about $20 more I can get the Sumitomos which got better reviews across the board.
I'm normally not a stickler for tires because I've driven trucks most of my life, but my GTI needs grip. Lol.
The more my stockers get wore down the more I see my traction control light flash on the dash. Even pulling into traffic the damn things want to break loose.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.