x tracker

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

x tracker

Postby Smyith » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:49 am

how does the x tracker compare in flight characteristics to the pro starfire? i noticed according to joe ( http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/catalo ... Chart1.pdf ) they are the same except the power requirement. i really dont care about the z plastic cause it sux, just like champ plastic.
i really dont want to hear anything about the wraith either theres alrdy multiple threads for that.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:07 am

There should be multiple threads on the tracker as I started many. I have thrown both and currently carry x trackers, so I'll give you my take.

First, the starfire is faster and more overstable. It fades left for me, or rather finishes left (that's fade isn't it?). When new, I could not turn it over. It beat up quick for me this summer, but I believe it was due to how much I was throwing it more than an issue with the plastic. I was starting to turn it over when I lost it. In fact that is how I lost it, I tried to throw a straight shot at a basket with a pond to the right, and it turned. It reminds me of avengers, which is what replaced the starfire in my bag.

Second, the starfire was much longer for me than the tracker. The starfire will yeild long straight distance (especially as it breaks in), but I was still getting it to finish left where the tracker finishes straight.

In summary, the starfire is a fast, overstable extra long driver. The tracker is a slower (than the starfire) stable long driver. BTW, I don't usually look at ratings; this is based solely on throwing the disc. Also, I don't have a cannon for an arm. I would imagine big arms would say the starfire is stable, not overstable.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm

imo, the tracker and pro starfire have nearly identical flight paths.

have to take cruise speed into consideration here... the starfire does have a higher cruise speed, but thrown "at speed" they perform similarly. under speed, the starfire will be more overstable, overspeed the tracker will be flippier.

the tracker's dome height gives it more drag as well. to give a comparison on speed, i would probably rate the tracker with speed 8 according to innova's system.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:59 pm

I wouldn't have thought the tracker was that fast. I'll mess around more with mine. I've actually gone to throwing my x cyclone lately.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:22 pm

I think you will start to really like the x cyclone as it breaks in.

I love the d ones new, and they get straighter broken in, but not longer, the x gets a bit longer than the d new and just as straight.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:51 am

My x cyclone has indeed gotten longer. It has also lost some stability since I've played several rounds with just that disc and a putter. I am liking it; I still think I need some d versions though.

I don't know what did it, but I find myself reaching for the older plastics.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:14 am

My go to drivers are TeeBirds, and Valkyries. The new plastic is nice for some situations, but TeeBirds and Valks go where I want them to...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:33 am

I finally got the oppertunity to throw my X-Tracker this weekend. Mine is 170-172g and it reminds me of my 175g Orion LS, but shorter. It's also a bit more resistant to high speed turn, but that could be because it's new. I had no trouble figureing out how to throw it to get a really straight flight out of it. It wouldl always flip up to flat and stay that way. Unless I got 10'-15' of height under it, I didn't have to worry about it fading, either. I always kind of felt like the Pro Stafire was a little bit squirley, as in if I didn't put just the right amount of hyzer on it it would either not flip up all the way or turn over too much, but I haven't felt that yet with the Tracker.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:48 am

I didn't throw my tracker much this weekend due to high winds. It still is a nice long and straight disc for me. My starfire still has significantly more fade. It (stafire) flew well into a tough head wind for my gf.

The starfire, is my throw near water disc currently. I like it but prever the x avenger.

I'm not sure if my tracker will stay in the bag; it's fighting with a cyclone right now. The cyclone is winning. But, I'm not confident enough to remove it yet.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment