Looking for tips, don't hold back!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Looking for tips, don't hold back!

Postby JR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 am

I do turn my shoulders actively beyond the torso rotation right at the end of the throw. For better or worse. I'm hoping for a faster rotation of the pinch around the outer edge of the disc in the hit. And a cleaner release when the fingers move to the right faster after the arm stops moving forward and switches direction of motion.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby DsmDisc » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks for all the tips. I played a round last night and finally felt some of this stuff making sense. About 10 holes it seemed to click and I started launching my star roc 275'. I finally got the feel of keeping the disc near my chest as I pull through and that bastard ripped out like it was scared of me!
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Postby DsmDisc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Holy crap that was crazy. Was doing some practice in my basement, working on the 'stand facing a wall with 1" between the disc and the wall and pull through' to work on my snap. Did it nice and slow and it felt pretty good, so I stepped a way and did a few nearly full speed attempts and the snap hit so hard the disc flew out and destroyed a glass. I think I may have had a little epiphany from that throw though! :lol:
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 pm

DsmDisc wrote:Holy crap that was crazy. Was doing some practice in my basement, working on the 'stand facing a wall with 1" between the disc and the wall and pull through' to work on my snap. Did it nice and slow and it felt pretty good, so I stepped a way and did a few nearly full speed attempts and the snap hit so hard the disc flew out and destroyed a glass. I think I may have had a little epiphany from that throw though! :lol:

Great to hear you're making progress! Exactly what drill is this, I've managed to miss it, sounds pretty interesting.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby DsmDisc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:44 am

KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Postby DsmDisc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Got another video today. This is a particularly bad shot off the first tee, wasn't exactly warmed up yet. I'd have taken some later in the round but it ended up being night disc so you couldn't see anything. I do feel like my pull is getting closer to the right pec - or at least the center of the chest - than my previous video. Also got a bit more pivot here. I REALLY started to feel the right pull through later in this round and actually drove about the best I have in a round. Had a couple just over 300', which for me is probably a first.

Also didn't get my hips/shoulders through like I should in this video. Wish I could have got the later holes on camera, but this will have to do for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9T_pKSoA4
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 am

Pivoting on the heel or the ball of the foot helps you stay healthy and increases power and repeatability. Were you trying to throw high and anny? A flat low line drive needs more bending forward from the waist keeping the arm at constant height and pushing the wrist down.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby DsmDisc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 am

I wasn't trying to, but that's exactly what happened. This is a particularly bad throw, probably shouldn't have even posted it. But even in this bad throw, my untrained eyes see slight improvement. That's more than I can say for the entire previous year of playing :)
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Postby DsmDisc » Sun May 09, 2010 7:05 pm

OK, been working on my form for a few weeks now. I've had some success in improving my distance, but I've run into an 'anny-itis' problem. My shots are going 300' consistantly, but they go anny the whole way and never flex back to the left. I think it's an issue with my back being too straight, but I've got a new video. This is just me in my basement without a disc in hand, but I feel like you can get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOF6FPYC0s

Let me know anything you see (being a little forgiving about anything wrist-related since I'm doing this without a disc.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Postby rusch_bag » Sun May 09, 2010 8:09 pm

what you may be doing with a disc in hand may be entirely different
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Sun May 09, 2010 10:53 pm

That was such a slow speed that things will be different at full power especially with a disc in the hand. If you raised the the arm a couple of inches higher in the follow through that would help against annies. The arm is supposed to move in the same angle relative to the horizon well after the rip as it was before it.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Video Critique