Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fuse

Postby Jeronimo » Mon May 10, 2010 10:48 am

Risk wrote:Will the Fuse when thrown flat flip and start tracking to the right (RHBH) or does it need a little anhyzer release angle?

It will flip maybe 1-2° from flat and track right EVER so slightly. The thing is, its subtle enough that when it does it for me it could be ME releasing with 1-2° of anhyzer.

This is not a disc you throw like a driver, ever. I treat this like I would a putter, its all about finesse and accuracy. It really is laser straight with the littlest of fade.

I threw my Fuse on a 250' or so hole that makes a very sharp arc to the left. If you stand on the tee pad facing forward, then turn about 70° to your left you can make the basket out through the tree's. The whole left side is a wall of woods that arcs right to the pin. The right side is completely open, so you can play the hole forward out into the open and throw a long return, or you can try to play the curve. I decided to try something different since I had the fuse. I gave it about 35° of hyzer and threw an air bounce. BAM. Right off the side of the basket. With enough height I'm almost wondering if I would have curved it all the way back to me. The lift this disc gets is incredible.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby victorb » Mon May 10, 2010 11:08 am

If you hadn't said the word 'Fuse' in your post, I would have thought that was a post about a Comet. Seriously sounds like a very similar disc.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby rooneytunes » Mon May 10, 2010 11:21 am

I just got my pink opto fuse. The color is sweet and the grip reminds me of the core. Wind is blowing 20 to 40mph here today, so no dice on getting to test it. I will heading out to the field tomorrow or thursday.

Props to GGGT, their shipping is some of the fastest in the biz!!!! They also hooked me up with the exact color and weight, too!!
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby discspeed » Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 am

jubuttib wrote:
discspeed wrote:
Risk wrote:I've been using a beat ESP Buzzz for all understable mid duties and it's okay but not perfert. Will the Fuse when thrown flat flip and start tracking to the right (RHBH) or does it need a little anhyzer release angle?

If thrown flat and hard they will track right slowly (LHBH). I like throwing them with a touch of anny and not quite as hard and then letting the disc hold rather than flip.

Did you mean RHBH or don't they turn even when thrown flat and hard?

Yes, I meant RHBH...posting before coffee is dangerous.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby RS39 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:54 pm

victorb wrote:If you hadn't said the word 'Fuse' in your post, I would have thought that was a post about a Comet. Seriously sounds like a very similar disc.

I have a loaner Z Comet with my Core and Wasp to try along the Fuse. Taunting me for 5 days while it storms when I am off work, grrrrr. The only reason I gave the Comet to a friend was that I lacked the constant touch needed to avoid over-runs into hazards past baskets. If I can get that flight without the problems getting it to sit down on cue, I'll be very happy.
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby oblivion » Mon May 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Just ordered two. Thanks dgr for helping me spend more money! So far this site has me stocked in wizards and pd's, love them both, so hopefully the fuse lives up to the hype the same way.
oblivion
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby mickas » Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 am

I'm interested in this disc....
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 am

I threw it excessively hard last night on a couple holes just to see what would happen and it really doesn't turn over. I'm very impressed with its high speed stability.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby discspeed » Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 am

Jeronimo wrote:I threw it excessively hard last night on a couple holes just to see what would happen and it really doesn't turn over. I'm very impressed with its high speed stability.

Are you throwing both plastics?

Yesterday a buddy and I played a short course and we threw the Fuse on almost every hole. He was throwing the Goldline and I was using the Opto. They both flew very well. My friend is a natural hyzer thrower and the GL was perfect for him. He was getting long, glidey, and straight flights. The Opto is definitely a little more stable, a little slower, and seems to float more. I powered the Opto into a mild headwind by throwing it low, nose down, and hyzer and it held the whole way without flipping.
discspeed

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 11, 2010 9:16 am

discspeed wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:I threw it excessively hard last night on a couple holes just to see what would happen and it really doesn't turn over. I'm very impressed with its high speed stability.

Are you throwing both plastics?

Yesterday a buddy and I played a short course and we threw the Fuse on almost every hole. He was throwing the Goldline and I was using the Opto. They both flew very well. My friend is a natural hyzer thrower and the GL was perfect for him. He was getting long, glidey, and straight flights. The Opto is definitely a little more stable, a little slower, and seems to float more. I powered the Opto into a mild headwind by throwing it low, nose down, and hyzer and it held the whole way without flipping.

Yeah, I've been throwing them side by side for the most part. I ended up buying 3 Neon Yellow/Greens, 2 Pinks, and an Orange in Opto, an Orange in Gold, and a Yellow in Gold. I bought weights ranging from 168g to 180g. I would agree that the Opto's are just a tad more stable but not by much. I'm not seeing the glide difference between the two plastics personally but I am noticing a minor stability difference between weights though. My 168 has less fade next to my 180g, but again not by much. I noticed this doing the same thing you guys did in throwing a single disc round. I did it on Pyramids at Marshall St right after I bought them all last week. Last night was when I was really ripping into them on a large open course here in Maine that was pretty windy (Pleasant Hill).

As glad as I am that we got some bright colors this go around I find myself missing the typical clears, blues, purples, and reds of latitudes typical flavor. All the "reds" I saw were more of a orange/red mix.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby mickas » Tue May 11, 2010 10:12 am

before i go and blow $30.00 on two new optos are they going to overlap too much with my buzzzes?
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby discspeed » Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 am

mickas wrote:before i go and blow $30.00 on two new optos are they going to overlap too much with my buzzzes?

This is a complicated question. I put my Fuse in my bag alongside Buzzzes. It flies much better on an anhyzer line, especially for shorter distances. It also responds better to low power. So I use my Fuse for turnover shots and technical approches too long to finesse my Ion and where my Buzzz will be too stable. So far it has made the anhyzers a lot easier than it is with my Buzzz. Many people pair a Comet with a Buzzz or Roc, and I think the Fuse is better in that role due to a more similar grip and throwing style preference.

That being said, the Fuse is certainly versatile enought to be a stand alone mid. If you paired it with a Champ Shark or something else a little more overstable you would be set.
discspeed

Postby emiller3 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:57 pm

discspeed, I throw Rocs and Meteors, what shots would I use the Fuse instead? It's sounding like a beat DX Roc to me. I noticed you said it's a little floatier and a little more predictable than a Meteor on a pure anny throw. However, I like having mids of different speeds in the Meteor and Roc, and it sounds like I'd lose that...
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 11, 2010 2:33 pm

emiller3 wrote:discspeed, I throw Rocs and Meteors, what shots would I use the Fuse instead? It's sounding like a beat DX Roc to me. I noticed you said it's a little floatier and a little more predictable than a Meteor on a pure anny throw. However, I like having mids of different speeds in the Meteor and Roc, and it sounds like I'd lose that...

Are you thinking in terms of if you ONLY carried a Fuse as your sole mid range?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby turso » Wed May 12, 2010 6:22 am

Got my opto fuses today, pink 174g and neonyellow 170g. Just couple throws in so far, but they're both amazingly glidy, floaty and straight as an arrow. Gonna pair these with my z-buzzzz I think, they work amazingly well with bit turnover or anny lines even at slow speeds as it's been advertised. Oh and did I mention that they're PRETTTYYYYYY?
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment