stomp boxes

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

stomp boxes

Postby dgdave » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:07 pm

I've got a Boss distortion DS-1 and a Big Muff Pi USA up for sell or trade. both are practically brand new. never gigged with. only home use. DS-1 is about a year old and Big Muff about 6 monthes. barely used on either of them. will sell both for $100 shipped. or i'll do part trade part $. looking for proto blurrs, preferably orange, rages, nike spirits, and san marino rocs. I probably forgot something I'm looking for so make other offers if you interested
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby dgdave » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:33 pm

I knew I would forget some stuff. I am also looking for flat s demons, especially they gummy eraser kind
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Re: stomp boxes

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:14 pm

dgdave wrote:I've got a Boss distortion DS-1 and a Big Muff Pi

I had an original mint ElectroHarmonix Big Muff when I was in high school.

I had stomp boxes that, I had them now, I could pay off my truck.

I remember my lead guitar player going through half a dozen Ibanez Tube Screamers in a year. A dozen years later they were going for $300 a piece. Crazy.

Now, I just have a Johnson Millennium 150 with an integrated programmable stomp rack. No more stomp boxes.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby black udder » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:37 pm

good lord, does everybody play guitar and throw discs? Guitar rocks!
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby swel304 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:56 pm

if your talking about the ibanez soundtanks or whatever they wre called they were complete crap. I still got my old boss metal zone around somewhere, but now I got the boss gt-6 which is kinda like all the pedals they make in one unit. I love it. On a side note, if any of you guitar guys are interested, I have an ESP LTD M-207 (seven string) that I need to get rid of. Im also considering parting with one of my Carvin custom 727's (also a seven string) since Im not playing in a band anymore :cry: .
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby black udder » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:30 pm

and because you don't play in a band means you can't own guitars?! Sacrilege!

I just ordered a Carvin CT-6 myself and am waiting for it to come in.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby swel304 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:55 pm

no its just that I have 4 guitars and dont really use them now. Id actually like to trade one of them for a decent 5string bass for home recording purposes. besides I said I was considering it which means I havent been able to bring myself to do it :lol: If that is going to be your first carvin I can tell you this, you will love it. I have 2 727's one swamp ash, one mahogany/quilt top, neckthrough (toung oiled backs). both feel, play, and sound great. I also have a legacy half stack. carvin makes a quality product at a great price, you just cant beat it. that said I still wouldnt trade my neckthrough jackson rhoads V for anything, but youll pay 10X as much for anything equivelent to a carvin that says jackson, bc rich, ect..

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby black udder » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:09 pm

I drooled over the legacy amp setup, but considered it too expensive since I'm not in a band. Then, a year or two later, dropped the bucks for a Fender Cyber-Twin SE. Plugged into it one day in guitar works and played for like 20 minutes with no end in sight. For somebody not playing in a band, where a specific signature sound isn't needed, it's just great.

I've got an ibanez Roadstar II (old school), fender strat with bill thompson pickups, a custom heritage 140 and a taylor 312ce. Looking forward to getting the carvin as I've been drooling over them since I was 17. I know I said that the heritage would be the last guitar I bought, but maybe this one will be. As you said, not playing in a band leaves you short on justification points with the wife.

I sure do enjoy them all though. The Ibanez is probably the least played since the Heritage plays better, but it was my second guitar and after selling the first (a Peavey T60), I can't part with this one. It's one of the early marine blue quilt tops w/a matching headstock. Quite beautiful and plays quite well.

How is the legacy amp? I've heard good stuff about it. Only downside for me was that from what I read, it sounded like an amp that would benefit from experience with playing live, loud and with other amps (which experience I don't have).

As for the Carvin's - it was a tough choice picking one... sorta wanna order a half dozen, don't you? :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby swel304 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:37 pm

yeah and once you get one you will want another and another.

the legacy is definitly the loudest amp I have ever owned. excelent prescence. For just the using the amp sound its more of the classic "brown" sound. I use an effects processor so its not quite all the legacy but its definitly quality. The clean tones out of it are top notch IMO. I got tired of buying amps that would sound great at first and crap out after a few years. its worth the extra cash. I would imagine the MTS is just as good, with a more straight forward sound (instead of the vai inspired tone). I would also imagine that for home playing the combo version of either would be more than sufficient. Anything that has the carvin name on it is going to be touring quality with a reasonable price tag because your not getting third party markup.

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm

So no one is ready to rock out?
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby dgdave » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:22 pm

New deal 20% off!!! 80 bucks for both!!
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby dgdave » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:01 pm

hendrix used a big muff! everyone else uses a ds-1! rock out wirh your cock out, Brother!!!
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby swel304 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:24 pm

dgdave wrote:hendrix used a big muff! everyone else uses a ds-1! rock out wirh your cock out, Brother!!!

now thats salesmanship! :lol:
I'd guess you could sell them quicker on ebay.

he udder you get the ct-6 yet? how bout some pics.

swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:50 pm

they are probably going up there tonight along with a lot of my stuff for trade. my ebay account is dgdavedg if anyone is interested
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade