Bowling Green Ams

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bowling Green Ams

Postby Luckyg71 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Anyone played this before? What else is there to do in BG while I am there?> Any good places to eat?
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:41 pm

I played it that last two years. It's a great time. If you get a chance to go, do it.

As far as stuff to do...We never did anything but drink and play cards when we weren't on the course.

Places to eat....white castle.
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:49 pm

Let's get a roll call for who's going to BG...maybe we can organize a swell DGR.com meetup while we're there...neat-o! :P

I'll be there, along with Bernie and dscglfgeo. Rooster says he's in, but we will have to wait and see... ;)

I know there are other Michigan people going, but I'm not sure which of them is a DGR.com user, so I don't want to put their name in here yet.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Luckyg71 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I will be there just playing AMs, are you guys playing Advanced?
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby bigs348 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:28 pm

I'm a-going and playing Advanced. I am so pumped to get out there and start my competitive season. I cannot wait.

Driving out on Thursday, hoping to play some doubles (or at least get a look at the courses) on Friday, and then driving home Monday after the event.

It'd be sweet to actually get a name to a face with some of you guys.

Anybody been out previously that can give a heads up on the courses? I've read up on White, Hobson, Lovers, and Keriakes as I've heard that's what Advanced will probably play (or at least has in the past). Any personal experience around here?
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ambiguous » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:43 pm

I'd be all over it if I weren't in college and as a result nearly broke. Sucks cause I live not even an hour and a half away.
ambiguous
Noob

Postby Will » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:49 pm

sleepy wrote:I know there are other Michigan people going, but I'm not sure which of them is a DGR.com user, so I don't want to put their name in here yet.

sleepy

I will be going this year ( if nothing stupid comes up) . I'll be traveling with Schulte.

-wilcone-
I finally figured out how to putt!! Then I forgot again...
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby Frontman311 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm going with a kid on here who goes by jacksweather, hasn't posted in a long time though. He live near Detroit and that's where I'm from, but am in Chicago for school...we're going though. Driving all nite Thursday and playing early on Friday.
Stay positive and love your life.
Frontman311
Tree Magnet

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:15 pm

Luckyg71 wrote:I will be there just playing AMs, are you guys playing Advanced?

I am playing AM2, dscglfgeo is playing Advanced, I think Bernie is trying to decide between the two, and Rooster just talks smack. :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby redspexxx » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:33 am

i was thinking about going., can i hitch a ride? DGR.com meet-up? hells yea! why dont we have matching shirts yet? :wink:
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Glock23 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:31 am

Is there on site camping? Sounds like a good time to me, maybe if I can talk my wife into coming along.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

bowling green

Postby ziggy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:55 pm

played 3 years straight now..

what i can tell you

There's camping at KOA - across the street from Basil Griffin park (for am2)
http://www.koa.com/where/ky/17139/
maybe if u call them and mention disc golf - a discount? beats me.

I tend to stay at a hotel and chip in among springfield disc golf club

as for AM2 - i cant really help you except for basil griffin.
Front nine is woody and some water - need control.
Back nine is open, wide open - just winds to watch out for
if you're a 900 rated player, shud score around 50 - 54

For adv.

Hobson - Short, technical. You think you cud shoot a 44 on a good day but you end up with somewhere between 52 and 56 cuz of the friggin trees

White - Imagine golf at st. andrews - you have open fields with slight hills and plenty of o.b. for sidewalks and 1 sandpit. LOOOONG course and windy.. very little trees - if your 300 footer is dead on and ur putts are true, you will score under, if you cannot harness the 300 footer, then ur screwed

Lovers - the easiest course in town. little trees, nice manicured grass. If you dont get under here - you are screwed. Why it's in the ADV division is beyond my scope (prolly cuz of the vicinity to keriakes)

Keriakes - imo, the best course - beautiful cedar trees defining the fairways - lefthander's paradise. I think it's also the host of the longest tournament ace??? with scott stokely nailing #11 i think. not sure about that one

if any qq - holler
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frontman311 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 pm

Are the parks gonna be jam packed the day before? And if so would we be ok if we were out there at like 8am? Tax refund this week! So I should be making all reservations extremely soon!
Frontman311
Tree Magnet

park

Postby ziggy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:20 pm

jammed, nah.. not as insane as 5 per hole as the day of the tournament possible.

u'll have more than the usual tho

prolly 40 or so on the courses

Keep an eye out for random doubles and avoid that course/time if you want practice

last year maceman took keriakes and sunking took lovers.

Keriakes was won with a 48 and lovers took 40.

both were in the rain best shot doubles.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frontman311 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:40 pm

Edited.
Frontman311
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Tournaments