Practice Round Scorecard...

Sets of drills targeted at developing a full skill sets of shots and mastery of flight characteristics. Players taking part are encouraged to post their experiences and feedback.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Practice Round Scorecard...

Postby josser » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 pm

It has spots for 50 ft + putts. At what point do people typically consider the transition between an upshot and putt? I have typically considered everything outside of 30 feet to not count as putts and count instead like when you chip it in from just outside the green in ball golf.
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby inthedrift » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

I guess I always thought that it's a putt if you're using a putting motion regardless of the distance, and if you're using more of a throwing motion it's a throw-in. Just my .02.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby josser » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 am

I find that I will frequently use a putting motion (without actually making a run at the basket) for approach shots in dangerous situations like on a hill or close to OB. The shot is in no way intended to go in.
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby inthedrift » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:43 am

I hit one around 35' and another around 45' last night at league. :mrgreen: My intent was to make them. I agree with you though, I also use a putting motion for safe upshots that I don't intend to make.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby maxarinkel » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 am

I feel like putts happen anywhere the putting motion is used and you're trying for the make. I dunno. This is a great tool, btw. thanks for sharing it.
maxarinkel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Review Training Assignments