Vibram Fivefingers

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby gratefuldisc » Mon May 25, 2009 8:02 pm

I have been eyeing these for almost a year now. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the sprints in the next few weeks. I would really be interested to hear more about how they hold up for DG. My local course is all flypads except one hole has a pavement tee.
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

Boss, Predator, OLF, OLS, JLS, QMS, Sentinel, Warlock
gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby jeremy » Thu May 28, 2009 12:59 am

Over 20 rounds with them on concrete pads and a lot of field practice and no destruction so far. Don't even really need the straps they just hug my feet really nice. Been sent thru the washer about 4-5 times now. I played with a guy from Atlanta with about as many rounds with them as I have and he has had no issues either. I have the grey colored KSO's and they do get dirty easily. The guy from Atlanta has the brown KSO's so I figured they wouldn't show the dirt and grass stains as easily. My grey KSO's clean up really well after being put in the washer and hung up to dry which takes no time.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 am

Man with all these good reviews, I really want to get a pair.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby gratefuldisc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 pm

got a pair of sprints on the way. I'll post a review after some use...
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby gratefuldisc » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 pm

kolorz wrote:
jeremy wrote: I recommend if anyone purchases them don't do it online because fit is very critical. We both had to go a size bigger than using the chart.

I've had a pair of KSO's for a little over a month and love them! Everything you said is dead on, especially the sizing, go one bigger than recommended.

x3
I gotta send mine back for the next size

gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jeremy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 pm

gratefuldisc wrote:
x3
I gotta send mine back for the next size

How is the exchange policy?
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby gratefuldisc » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:44 am

I bought them from travelcountry.com, they said I could just send em back.

gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby gator » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:03 pm

I bought these in the beggining of the year and have been using them about 60 percent of the rounds I play. Cement and natural tee's have made no difference, I have traction. I've only slipped on complete mud, and even then I saw people in full boots sliding around. I play tourny's in them without regrets as well. If you get them make sure you play in them for a couple weeks before committing to play a tourny in them, there is a period of your legs strengthening while they get used to walking naturally. The shoe's have held up very well, no fraying of stench coming from them which has been a suprise sense you don't wear socks with them. Also I'm sure people are concerned if they have irregular feet if these will fit or not, but my feet are a little wide and my toe next to my big toe is longer then the big toe but these shoes adapted to my feet wonderfully.
Jerry R wrote:As you were with Dave's testicles.
gator
Tree Magnet

Postby gratefuldisc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:27 pm

I gave up on fitting them. I never noticed before but my pinky toe is fat and shy and kinda hides under my next toe. It did not like to be singled out and as much as I wanted to like these I could not get comfortable in them.

I got some Merrell Moabs instead and love them.

gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jeremy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

I've been neglecting mine for the past month or so. My wire and I went out and played 2 rounds the other day and no her Sprints are the only thing she wears on her feet for disc golf now and has been like this for the past 6 to 8 months. I went out for a casual round today wearing my KSO's and shot one of my better rounds in a long time. Here's to Five Finger's lowering scores. The Salomons are going back in the closet for a while.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 am

So my buddy just swooped up some KSO's and after his review and reviews on this site, I too am going to join the ranks.

The new KSO treks look nasty for DG.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon May 17, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm sorry to report that I returned my 2nd pair of KSO's to REI a few weeks ago. I LOVED every second in these shoes but both pairs started to become separated where the KSO mesh meets the classic part. Basically @ $85 bucks a pop I'm looking for something that isn't going to fall apart in 2-3 months (thankfully REI has badass customer service).

I'm considering writing an email to Vibram stating that I want to be their #1 fan but until they can fix the durability issues I've noticed I'm just a disappointed guy looking for durable barefoot shoes.

Has anyone else experienced separation in the seams of their KSOs?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jeronimo » Mon May 17, 2010 1:37 pm

No issues with mine but I bet I don't wear them nearly as much as you do. I have a pair of the KSO's and the Classics and i will agree they are much too expensive.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Synblade » Tue May 25, 2010 11:38 am

I got a pair of KSO's as a christmas present last year and I like them -- don't wear them a ton but I'm going to start wearing them more. I actually ran my first 5K in them but I was sore for a couple days afterwards.

I'd recommend going into a store that has them to get fitted then buying online. If I was going to be playing disc golf in them I'd say go for the KSO Trek.

People say they are expensive but compared to running shoes etc... they're not that bad.
Synblade
Noob

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 pm

been trying to force myself to love my Treks......but my feet are just too weird to comply, my little toe wants to tuck under the next in line and is not a fan of being separated out :( unfortunately i got em from a shitty local store where i cant return em, my dumbest waste of money in recent times
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear